Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users File FTP to Unix from Mainframes. Post 302130191 by Perderabo on Friday 3rd of August 2007 01:20:20 PM
Old 08-03-2007
You don't provide much info, but I will make a guess based the little info I have. Those files are not organized as a collection of lines of ascii characters. A line will have a max length and it must be terminated by a newline character. Files like this are the only files those commands are designed to work with. So each command is screwing up in a slightly different manner.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP file to Mainframes

Hi, Can somebody please share a sample Korn shell script that will FTP a file from an Unix box to a region in Mainframe.It will be of great help if i can get this script ASAP.Or atleast give me a hint on how to do it. Thanks, Gopi (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhgopi
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script for sending a file from one unix directory to another unix server director

Hi, My local server is :/usr/abcd/ Remote server is :/Usr/host/test/ I want to send files from local unix directory(All files starting with O_999) to remote host unix directory. Can any body give me the Unix Shell script to do this. One more doubt: Shall we need to change the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raja_1234
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP script to FTP file to UNIX - Solaris

Hello, A couple of times per week, i receive emails notifications when files are available for processing. Currently i read these eamails with a java program and store the attachement on my C: drive and would now like to generate a PC script to send this file name up to UNIX-Solaris and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to FTP file usinf shell script to Mainframes

Hi , Please help me FTP an output file to mainframes using Mainframes. I have no idea how to FTP to mainframes. :( I need to deploy my code by next week. The code is ready but the client's requirement is that i need to ftp all the output file to the mainframes server. I created the dataset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deepthimathew
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem in FTP from Unix to Mainframes

Hi, I have one file to FTP from Unix to mainframe. It has been successfully FTPied. But problem is my Unix file will be generated as file_name1.sh. But Mainframes side they need file in file.name1.sh. So they dont need underscore (_) in the file name. Please let me know if there is any solution... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manneni prakash
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP to Mainframes from Unix

Hi, Iam new to unix.I have 3 files to be FTPied to Mainframe from Unix(Sun Solaries Unix). Sample record in one file is as shown below. 123ßRajß123-456ßjackßß 124ßRajeshß123-457ßjacmßß In the above file the records are seperated by delimitter "ß". When I used the below script to FTP from Unix... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul321
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect Direct for copying files from Mainframes to UNIX

Hai Friends, Please help me in providing unix shell script for pulling data from mainframe dataset to unix using connect direct (NDM). Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthikm
1 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_PURE-(7)						OCF resource agents					    OCF_HEARTBEAT_PURE-(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_Pure-FTPd - Manages a Pure-FTPd FTP server instance SYNOPSIS
Pure-FTPd [start | stop | monitor | meta-data | validate-all] DESCRIPTION
This script manages Pure-FTPd in an Active-Passive setup SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
script The full path to the Pure-FTPd startup script. For example, "/sbin/pure-config.pl" (unique, optional, string, default /sbin/pure-config.pl) conffile The Pure-FTPd configuration file name with full path. For example, "/etc/pure-ftpd/pure-ftpd.conf" (unique, optional, string, default /etc/pure-ftpd/pure-ftpd.conf) daemon_type The Pure-FTPd daemon to be called by pure-ftpd-wrapper. Valid options are "" for pure-ftpd, "mysql" for pure-ftpd-mysql, "postgresql" for pure-ftpd-postgresql and "ldap" for pure-ftpd-ldap (unique, optional, string, no default) pidfile PID file (optional, string, default /var/run/resource-agents/pure-ftpd-default.pid) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. Suggested interval: 60s. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 20s. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5s. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a Pure-FTPd resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive p_Pure-FTPd ocf:heartbeat:Pure-FTPd op monitor depth="0" timeout="20s" interval="60s" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/Pure-FTPd_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents UNKNOWN 03/09/2014 OCF_HEARTBEAT_PURE-(7)