Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk completes early
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk completes early Post 302130155 by nhatch on Friday 3rd of August 2007 09:19:50 AM
Old 08-03-2007
MySQL

Smilie

Good call, change all awk to nawk and it returns as expected. I do wonder what the difference is Smilie.

Not that it makes any odds.

Cheers and beers,

Neil

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append Status to echo'd line after process completes

Hello All, I'm very new to scripting and I'm writing a very simple script to restart a couple processes because I'm getting to lazy to cd between directories. This is pretty much my first script and I just want to add a little cosmetics to it. Here's what I have: #!/bin/ksh echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Setan
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove directory x seconds after script completes

Hi guys, I am working with a script within a Mac OS X package installer. The package installer will run the bash script once the files have been copied/installed. I have a little trouble with the last line of my script causing the package installer to crash once in a while and I have narrowed it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tret
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to delay a process getting killed before it completes its work

The problem i am encountering is the process is getting killed before it dispalys the details.The details are displayed using printf.I created a new buffer for printing the details using setvbuf function call instead of output buffer.This is not working.The thing is,killing of the process must be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cijkmysj
1 Replies

4. UNIX Benchmarks

Early PowerMac G5

Hardware Overview: Model Name: Power Mac G5 Model Identifier: PowerMac7,2 Processor Name: PowerPC 970 (2.2) Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz Number Of CPUs: 2 L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB Memory: 1.5 GB Bus Speed: 900 MHz Boot ROM Version:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read file contents and separate the lines when completes with =

Hi, I have a file like this cpsSystemNotifyTrap='2010/12/14 11:05:31 CST' Manufacturer=IBM ReportingMTMS=n/a ProbNm=26 LparName=n/a FailingEnclosureMTMS=7946-IQL*99G4874 SRC=B3031107 EventText=Problem reported by customer. CallHome=true Calendar I want to have a output like this... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbashyam
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop - how to run processes one after another (2nd starts after first completes, and so on)

I'm a programming noob. I'm trying to run a memory intensive process for many files. But when I use the following script, it runs fine for the first 5-7 files, then runs out of memory. Monitoring the output files, it's clear the processes are going on in parallel. Once 5-7 of the files are being... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: pathunkathunk
18 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

<< Environmental Variables are not set when script completes >>

Hi Team, I have a wrapper script which i have pasted below, it internally calls one python script to generate Environmental in a file called /home/oracle/myenv.sh, when i execute this script via wrapper script, its not reflecting in my current session, still showing old env variables. any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamauv234
2 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)