Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to ignore characters and print only number using unix? Post 302130111 by cdfd123 on Friday 3rd of August 2007 03:41:26 AM
Old 08-03-2007
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by vino
Code:
tr -d '[:alpha:]' < file.txt

Thanks u very much

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk, ignore first x number of lines.

Is there a way to tell awk to ignore the first 11 lines of a file?? example, I have a csv file with all the heading information in the first lines. I want to split the file into 5-6 different files but I want to retain the the first 11 lines of the file. As it is now I run this command: ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: trey85stang
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ignore negative number in script

Hi, does anyone know how to ignore whether a number is negative in a script. E.g. if I have a variable that contains -1200, how do I ignore the minus sign? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: borderblaster
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix command to count the number of files with specific characters in name

Hey all, I'm looking for a command that will search a directory (and all subdirectories) and give me a file count for the number of files that contain specific characters within its filename. e.g. I want to find the number of files that contain "-a.jpg" in their name. All the searching I've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphysm
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

print number pyramid with for loop in unix

How can I print number pyramid with for loop(not while only for) in unix like: 1 22 333 4444 55555 ---------- Post updated at 09:09 AM ---------- Previous update was at 09:07 AM ---------- I forgot it is in ksh...I wrote a script in bash but it is nt wrkng in ksh... bash script... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: joshilalit2004
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do you print the number of processes that each user is currently running in Unix?

Ok, so I know there's a way to do this, but I've been trying to find out all afternoon with no luck. I think it should print out something like this: 1 bin 2 daemon 6 duo Where the numbers on the left are the number of processes being run by the user whose name is listed on the right. Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Duo11
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ignore characters and print only numbers using awk?

Input: ak=70&cat15481=lot=6991901">Kaschau (1820-1840) ak=7078&cat15482=lot=70121">Principauté (1940-1993) ak=709&cat=lot15484=70183944">Arubas (4543-5043)Output: 70 15481 6991901 7078 15482 70121 709 15484 70183944 (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ignore special characters in loop

Hi All, select app from the menu: ABC DEF GHI JKL ALL # ALL will select all the apps in the menu echo "Enter your option" read option; if then <execute the below command> elif # option is the 1 selection from menu...not ALL <execute the below command> else echo wrong... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devaraj A
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print column number while ignoring alpha characters

I have the following script that will print column 4 ("25") when column 1 contains "123". However, I need to ignore the alpha characters that are contained in the input file. If I were to ignore the characters my output would be column 3. What is the best way to print my column of interest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
3 Replies

9. AIX

UNIX ksh - To print the PID number and repeat count

This question is asked in an interview today that I have to return output with each PID number and the count of each PID number logged today. Here is the script that I have written. Can you confirm if that would work or not. The interviewer didn't said if my answer is correct or not. Can someone... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subodh Kumar
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print number of lines for files in directory, also print number of unique lines

I have a directory of files, I can show the number of lines in each file and order them from lowest to highest with: wc -l *|sort 15263 Image.txt 16401 reference.txt 40459 richtexteditor.txt How can I also print the number of unique lines in each file? 15263 1401 Image.txt 16401... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: spacegoose
15 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangVar - standard codes for language variation identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangVar; $lvar = code2langvar('acm'); # $lvar gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langvar2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langvar_codes(); @names = all_langvar_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangVar" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language variations, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language variations. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lvar = code2langvar('arevela','alpha'); $lvar = code2langvar('arevela',LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of alphanumeric codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'arevela' for Eastern Armenian. This code set is identified with the symbol "LOCALE_LANGVAR_ALPHA". This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langvar2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langvar_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langvar_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langvar_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::rename_langvar_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::add_langvar_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangVar::delete_langvar_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-04-12 Locale::Codes::LangVar(3)