Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: fedora core 6 problem
Operating Systems Linux fedora core 6 problem Post 302130024 by nageshrk on Thursday 2nd of August 2007 11:31:28 PM
Old 08-03-2007
hi
fedora core 6 problem

there is no other error . as soon the init processes is started which is diplayed on screen .. the message killing init processes will come. and the goes off.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Fedora Core 2 Snapshot

These are not my desktop (I am still using FC1), they are from Internet forum. http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~yangm001/snapshot1.jpg http://gator.dt.uh.edu/~yangm001/snapshot2.jpg (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
0 Replies

2. Linux

Migrate from RH 8.0 to Fedora Core 2

I have done some research on the Fedora Project and trying to find clear cut answer on how to migrate from current OS - RH 8.0 Pro to Fedora Core 2. Can anybody help me with this and does Fedora Core 2 include OpenOffice and Ximian Evolution like with my RH 8.0 Pro. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark McWilliams
3 Replies

3. Linux

Using Fedora Core 2

I've been using FC2, but my sound card doesn't work I'm new with linux systems.. but there says that needs to recompile kernel how can i do it with a kernel 2.6.5 i386 ? by the way,. my sound card chipset is an ESS 1869F, with a compaq deskpro Smal Form Factor. but i have not found a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quake
4 Replies

4. Linux

fedora core 2 selinux problem

in fedora core 2 with enforcing mode in selinux , why even as a root OS doesnt give permission to create any directory or file in /home ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the.last.soul
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 4

Hello, I am about to install Fedora on a partition on my hard drive. I got the CD from a magazine and it isnt a LiveCD so the magazine says "fedora core installer isn't a LiveCD, so it will merrily destroy your primary partition when you install on your machine", now I'm guessing the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkNia
1 Replies

6. Linux

NFS problem in Fedora Core 4

Hi all, I'm experiencing a problem with Fedora Core 4, by which I don't know how to export a directory exclusively in NFSv3. I have two raid arrays "/dev/md0" and "/dev/md1" both to be visible to SGI machines via NFSv3... My situation is that Fedora runs NFSv4 and that causes problems with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaceace13666
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help installing fedora core 5

Hello I'm trying to install fedora core 5 and I'm currently at this screen here: http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/fedora-install-guide-en/fc5/figs/installingpackages.png However, the bottom bar is completely gray and there's nothing telling me the "status" of the install. I also told it to format... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: obeseogre
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fedora core mailrelay

how do i change the mailrelay settings smtp for fedora core 4 to a new IP ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dannyd
1 Replies

9. Linux

BIND problem in Fedora Core

Hi , I am facing a strange with BIND in Fedora Core 6. Here is the config for more info. #cat /etc/named.caching-nameserver.conf options { listen-on port 53 { any; }; directory "/var/named"; // dump-file "/var/named/data/cache_dump.db"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narasimhulu
3 Replies

10. SuSE

Navigation of Fedora Core 6

Hi. Not sure if this should go in the beginners section, so forgivness please if it's not correctly placed. I just installed Linux Fedora Core 6 on my home computer (and am very very new to this) so I can learn more about it. However, I am looking for the FC6 equivalent to the System Device... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Carl1976
2 Replies
started(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual						started(7)

NAME
started - event signalling that a job is running SYNOPSIS
started JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The started event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job has finished starting and is now running. The JOB environment variable contains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for sin- gle-instance jobs. init(8) emits this event as an informational signal, services and tasks started or stopped by this event will do so in parallel with other activity. It is typically combined with the stopping(7) event by services declaring a dependency. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the started event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to depend on another service might use: start on started apache stop on stopping apache A task that must be run after another task or service has been started might use: start on started postgresql SEE ALSO
starting(7) stopping(7) stopped(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 started(7)