Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: openssl install issues...
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users openssl install issues... Post 302129983 by porter on Thursday 2nd of August 2007 05:01:35 PM
Old 08-02-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak
cc1: error: invalid option `arch=ultrasparc'
That looks like your problem.

What GCC are you using?

Have you tried Sun's Studio-11?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl help

I ungraded my openssl on sun solaris 8 from openssl 0.9.6c to openssl 0.9.6g the ungrade went fine but when I tried to ssh in to server, I received the following error message "ld.so.1: ./sshd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

trying to install openssl-devel

Hi there, I am using redhat 7.3 and I am trying to install openssl-devel-0.9.6b-18.i386.rpm but I get the following error message when I try to install: error: failed dependencies: openssl = 0.9.6b-18 is needed by openssl-devel-0.9.6b-18 The thing that confuses me most is that when I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: redhat_newb101
0 Replies

3. Linux

install macbook pro fedora10 ???((<<if can install, how to install? >> ))

If may install can Tells everybody ??? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kzBSD
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Roundcube Install Issues

Hello, My manager wanted me to install iRedMail but that was too difficult since I could not find the appropriate documentation. Since I wanted to use Roundcube I went to their website and found the following: Howto_Install ? RoundCube Webmail I get stuck at the point where it says: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

6. Solaris

pkgask OpenSSL issues

I am trying to script a non interactive installation of OpenSSL 1.0.0e on Solaris 10 SPARC which I downloaded from Sun Freeware for Solaris 10 (I am not allowed to post URLS). When I try to create a pkgask response file, I keep getting the following error When I get the error, I perform the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dafinga
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Install MUTT, SLANG and OPENSSL

Can any one please help in installing mutt, slang and openssl in solaris 10 platform? Thanks for your responses. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner46
0 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Ubuntu Install on Sun Fire X4100 network issues

Hi I have two Sun Fire X4100 machines with Ubuntu 12.04 installed on them. I am able to configure the Net Mgt port with an IP address and access the ILOM from the browser. I can also boot the Ubuntu installed and redirect the output. The issue i have is that when i configure the network... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaf3773
0 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

OpenSSL

I just started playing around with Unix's OpenSSL utility. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and the man page isn't helping much. I wanted to experiment with file encryption, so I created a dummy text file with one line of text and tried to encrypt it using DES. I used the following command: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies
SHELL-QUOTE(1)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					    SHELL-QUOTE(1)

NAME
shell-quote - quote arguments for safe use, unmodified in a shell command SYNOPSIS
shell-quote [switch]... arg... DESCRIPTION
shell-quote lets you pass arbitrary strings through the shell so that they won't be changed by the shell. This lets you process commands or files with embedded white space or shell globbing characters safely. Here are a few examples. EXAMPLES
ssh preserving args When running a remote command with ssh, ssh doesn't preserve the separate arguments it receives. It just joins them with spaces and passes them to "$SHELL -c". This doesn't work as intended: ssh host touch 'hi there' # fails It creates 2 files, hi and there. Instead, do this: cmd=`shell-quote touch 'hi there'` ssh host "$cmd" This gives you just 1 file, hi there. process find output It's not ordinarily possible to process an arbitrary list of files output by find with a shell script. Anything you put in $IFS to split up the output could legitimately be in a file's name. Here's how you can do it using shell-quote: eval set -- `find -type f -print0 | xargs -0 shell-quote --` debug shell scripts shell-quote is better than echo for debugging shell scripts. debug() { [ -z "$debug" ] || shell-quote "debug:" "$@" } With echo you can't tell the difference between "debug 'foo bar'" and "debug foo bar", but with shell-quote you can. save a command for later shell-quote can be used to build up a shell command to run later. Say you want the user to be able to give you switches for a command you're going to run. If you don't want the switches to be re-evaluated by the shell (which is usually a good idea, else there are things the user can't pass through), you can do something like this: user_switches= while [ $# != 0 ] do case x$1 in x--pass-through) [ $# -gt 1 ] || die "need an argument for $1" user_switches="$user_switches "`shell-quote -- "$2"` shift;; # process other switches esac shift done # later eval "shell-quote some-command $user_switches my args" OPTIONS
--debug Turn debugging on. --help Show the usage message and die. --version Show the version number and exit. AVAILABILITY
The code is licensed under the GNU GPL. Check http://www.argon.org/~roderick/ or CPAN for updated versions. AUTHOR
Roderick Schertler <roderick@argon.org> perl v5.16.3 2010-06-11 SHELL-QUOTE(1)