Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Multiplying Floats/Decimals
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Multiplying Floats/Decimals Post 302129873 by jaduks on Thursday 2nd of August 2007 04:51:53 AM
Old 08-02-2007
Multiplying Floats/Decimals

Check whether "bc" is there in your machine or not.
It should be here : /usr/bin/bc (check with command: "whereis bc", check your PATH also to execute bc),
Hope this helps :-)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error only when multiplying two numbers

Hi $ a=10 ; b=2 $ expr $a + $b 12 $ expr $a - $b 8 $ expr $a / $b 5 $ expr $a * $b expr: syntax error Any idean why I am getting this error only when multiplying two numbers. Whats the exact syntax? Thanks a lot to all in advance CSaha (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Regular decimals to Packed decimals

Hi, I am trying to find if there is a way to convert regular decimal values to Paced decimal values. I tried to find a c program but I could get a Packed converted to regular decimal not the other way round. If not unix please let me know if any other progrimming language I can use to do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mgirinath
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: dividing/multiplying variables resulting in decimals

(4 Replies)
Discussion started by: puddy
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with AWK and floats below 0

Hello. I have a problem with AWK and floats below 0 in a script. It may be simplified to this line (please, take into account that my "locale" is Spanish, so the system will read "," as decimal separator): echo -1,25 2,55745 0,33 ,278 | awk '{print $1+1, $2+1, $3+1, $4+1}'... getting: -0,25... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JCastro
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

integers, floats and text

I am using gawk in a dos shell in windows xp and want to read a datafile and reformat it. The datafile consists of columns of integers, floating point numbers and text strings. Each column is a fixed width and each column contains the same data type, eg all integers, all text. I am looking for a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookingfor help
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculation with floats

I want to make computations using floats. This cannot be done with csh. ksh seem to have a problem as well. What is good shell for computations without having to resort to bc or awk? How about python? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

7. Programming

problem in multiplying arrays

Hi, this is my code.It's simple : there are 2 2D arrays and the multiplied to C. #include<stdio.h> #include<sys/shm.h> #include<sys/stat.h> #include<stdlib.h> main() { int *A; //A int *B; //B int *C; //C int i,j,x,k,d; int id; ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiplying array element

I am trying to take all the elements of an array and multiply them by 2, and then copy them to a new array. Here is what I have i=0 for true in DMGLIST do let DMGSIZES2="${DMGSIZES}"*2 let i++ done unset i echo ${DMGSIZES2} It does the calculation correctly for the first element,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextyoyoma
7 Replies

9. Programming

Multiplying 2D arrays using fork()

HI, i am trying to multiply 2 2D arrays (a,b) using fork. The answer will be at c. Each child have to calculate 1 row of c. The code is right, as i think of it, with no errors but i dont get the correct c array... I think there is maybe a mistake in i dimension ... Anyway, here is the code: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: giampoul
16 Replies

10. Programming

Extracting floats from a string in Python

I have this script which can calculate the total of numbers given in a string total = 0 for c in '0123456789': total += int(c) print total How should I modify this script to find the total of if the numbers given in the string form have decimal places? That is, how do I need to modify... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: faizlo
2 Replies
hppac(3X)																 hppac(3X)

NAME
hppac: HPPACADDD(), HPPACCMPD(), HPPACCVAD(), HPPACCVBD(), HPPACCVDA(), HPPACCVDB(), HPPACDIVD(), HPPACLONGDIVD(), HPPACMPYD(), HPPAC- NSLD(), HPPACSLD(), HPPACSRD(), HPPACSUBD() - HP 3000-mode packed-decimal library SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This set of calls invokes the library functions for emulating 3000-mode (MPE V/E) packed-decimal operations. These functions are in library which is searched when the option is used with or ld(1). Performs packed-decimal addition. Compares two packed-decimal numbers. Converts an ASCII representation to packed-decimal. Converts a binary representation to packed-decimal. Converts a packed-decimal number to ASCII. Converts a packed-decimal number to binary. Performs packed-decimal division. Performs packed-decimal division (alternate routine). Performs packed-decimal multiplication. Performs a packed-decimal normalizing left shift. Performs a packed-decimal left shift. Performs a packed-decimal right shift. Performs packed-decimal subtraction. For all operations, the value returned in the variable to which the compcode argument points is one of the following values of type Result > 0 or operand1 > operand2 Result < 0 or operand1 < operand2 Result == 0 or operand1 == operand2 For all operations, the value returned in the variable to which the pacstatus argument points is one of the following values of type Their meanings are intended to be obvious: AUTHOR The HPPAC library was developed by HP. SEE ALSO
PA-RISC Systems Only hppac(3X)