Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers [OpenServer 5]Line Printing and special character (é @) Post 302129857 by tankd on Thursday 2nd of August 2007 03:21:13 AM
Old 08-02-2007
Thanks for your answer !

How can I set the default symbol in the printer in order to automate this solution ?

Tankd

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

printing problem in sco5.0.7 openserver

hi all, i have recntly installed sco openserver 5.0.7. the machine is having onboard ,pci parrallel port card.while iam giving printing via onboard parallel port its printing absolutely fine.but if i give printots via pci parallel port printer prints very slowly.it stops for a few seconds... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunvmk
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[OpenServer 5]Line Printing and Hp laserjet 2015dn

Hello, I want to install an Hp Laserjet 2015dn on SCO OpenServeur5 without CUPS. This printer doesn't have an PrinterServer inside. The configuration work fine, but i can't print anything. I heart solution with netcat but i can't find any docs... How should i configure netcat and my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tankd
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Adding a special character at the end of the line

I used following to add * at the end of the line in file1. It adds * at the end but has a space before it for some lines but some other lines it adds exactly after the last character. How do I take out the space ? sed 's/$/*/' file1 > file2 example: contents of file1 : ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pitagi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert a character in line in Special condition?

Hi, I have a log file generated by a tool which has the following look : /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename1_release_date.zip /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename2_release_date.zip /tmp/releases/directory/datefilename3_release_date.zip... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleteing one character after an special character

I have below line in a unix file, I want to delete one character after "Â". 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap Â~V Hybrids The result should be : 20091020.Non-Agency CMO Daily Trade Recap  Hybrids i dont want to use "~V" anywhere in the sed command or any other command, just remove... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Printing special character in bash

I am using this character as a delimiter 'þ' Currently, I set it straight: DELIMITER='þ' However, while copying the file, this character often gets mangled. Is there a bash way (perhaps using tr or printf) of generating this character. It corresponds to "chr(0xfe)" if using perl. (I've... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse special character in the line

Hi all, I have a file with some module names as below. Font::AFM Data::Grove ---> libxml-perl Net::LDAP ---> perl-ldap DBI XML .... ... .... and so on ... The file has some lines with the character " -->" . Now how can I cut only the last column of the line wherever "-->" is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaya2006
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete Numbers, Spaces, Special Character from the begining of the line of a file

Hi All, I want to keep the name of the songs with their respective extensions only. Sample Code ======== 03 Choti choti gaiya choti choti gaval.mp3 03---Brazil Dhol.mp3 03 PAYALIYA .mp3 04 - Isq Risk .mp3 04%20-%20Oh%20My%20Love(wapking.in).mp3 08 - A2 - Aasan Nahin Yahan .mp3 AE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pramod_009
3 Replies

9. SCO

USB Printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7

Years ago I set up USB printing for SCO UNIX OpenServer 5.0.7 for a client--but I've misplaced my notes on how to do this! Maintenance Pack 5 is installed. I need step-by-step instructions to proceed. I've searched the SCO Knowledge Base site and found nothing there or elsewhere on the Web. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Transpower
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to understand special character for line reading in bash shell?

I am still learning shell scripting. Recently I see a function for read configuration. But some of special character make me confused. I checked online to find answer. It was not successful. I post the code here to consult with expert or guru to get better understanding on these special characters... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
3 Replies
xplsprinters(1x)														  xplsprinters(1x)

NAME
xplsprinters - shows a list of Xprint printers and it's attributes SYNOPSIS
xplsprinters [-printer printername] [-d] [-l] [-dump] [-h] DESCRIPTION
xplsprinters is a utility for Xprint, the printing system for the X Window system. It can deliver both a list of printers and attributes supported for a specific list of printers. OPTIONS
-printer printername printer to use -dump dump all available printer attributes -h | -? print usage -d print description for each printer -l list detailed printer attribute information ENVIRONMENT
XPSERVERLIST ${XPSERVERLIST} must be set, identifying the available Xprint servers. See Xprint(7) for more details. EXAMPLES
List all available "X Print Specifiers" (printer names) % xplsprinters would print: printer: hplaserjet001@puck:33 printer: hpcolor4550_004@puck:33 printer: laser19@meridian:19 printer: xp_ps_spooldir_tmp_Xprintjobs@meridian:19 printer: xp_pdf_spooldir_tmp_Xprintjobs@meridian:19 Get information about the supported attributes of printer "ps002": % xplsprinters -printer ps002 -l would print: printer: ps002@castor:18 description= model-identifier=HPDJ1600C default-medium=iso-a4 default-input-tray= medium-source-sizes-supported=iso-a4 false 6.35 203.65 6.35 290.65 medium-source-sizes-supported=na-letter false 6.35 209.55 6.35 273.05 default-printer-resolution=300 resolution=300 default_orientation= orientation=portrait orientation=landscape default_plex= plex=simplex NOTES
The list of builtin fonts supported by a printer can be obtained using the xlsfonts command. SEE ALSO
Xprint(7), X11(7), xprehashprinterlist(1x), xphelloworld(1x), xpxmhelloworld(1x), xpawhelloworld(1x), xpxthelloworld(1x), xpsimplehel- loworld(1x), xlsfonts(1x), Xserver(1x), Xprt(1x), libXp(3x), libXprintUtils(3x), libXprintAppUtils(3x), XmPrintShell(3x), Xaw- PrintShell(3x), Xprint FAQ (http://xprint.mozdev.org/docs/Xprint_FAQ.html), Xprint main site (http://xprint.mozdev.org/) 8 October 2004 xplsprinters(1x)