Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Copying files in AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copying files in AWK Post 302129693 by lorcan on Wednesday 1st of August 2007 08:03:12 AM
Old 08-01-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by koti_rama
Hi all
i want copying f1 to f2.
please help me on this
Hope this is not an homework

You can use like
Code:
awk '{ print } ' f1 > f2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying files

I like to know the command structure of copying files/directories from a unix box using telnet session to a windows box. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alpheusm
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Copying Files and

I am new user to solaris and installed solaris operating system on full Harddisk 120Gb. I am unable to copy music files to desktop and /home directory. One thing happened while registering is- i entered login-root and its password. The message prompted your system is crashed. Is it because of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: patilmukundraj
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

copying files

hi I want to copy all files from the current directory and move to .archive file. Moreover,I want to add .bak to each file name, that will be copied. How can I do that? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjay83
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Copying Files

Hi, I understand that to copy files across server, the feasible way will be using scp command. Am I right? What if the two servers are not connected to a network? If by using a cross cable to link up both the server, what will be the best (fastest) way to copy files across? scp as well? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user50210
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

copying of files by userB, dir & files owned by userA

I am userB and have a dir /temp1 This dir is owned by me. How do I recursively copy files from another users's dir userA? I need to preserve the original user who created files, original group information, original create date, mod date etc. I tried cp -pr /home/userA/* . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hangman2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying Files

Hi All, I'm trying to list some files from my log directory and files are like this log.20110302_20.gz log.20110302_21.gz log.20110302_22.gz log.20110302_23.gz log.20110303_00.gz log.20110303_01.gz log.20110303_02.gz ............ log.20110311_22.gz log.20110311_23.gz... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thelakbe
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Files copying - [ Listed files alone. ] - Shell script

Hi All, I am doing this for svn patch making. I got the list of files to make the patch. I have the list in a file with path of all the files. To Do From Directory : /myproject/MainDir To Directory : /myproject/data List of files need to copy is in the file: /myproject/filesList.txt ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxadmin
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files excluding some files

Hi, I have a folder which contains files in this format. abc-bin.000001 abc-bin.000002 abc-bin.000003 abc-bin.000004 abc-bin.000005 abc-bin.000006 abc-bin.000007 abc-bin.000008 abc-bin.000009 abc-bin.000010 abc-bin.index I want to copy all the files between abc-bin.000004... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arijitsaha
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files

All, I need to grab and rename common files from several unique directory structures. For example, the directory structures looks like: /unique_dir/common/common/common/person_name_dir/common_file.txt There are over 90,000 of these text files that I'd like to put in a single directory as... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hburnswell
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files

I'm trying to do this exact same thing, so far I have created this to move files i've named my script CP.sh #!/bin/bash cd /root/my-documents/NewDir/ for f in *.doc do cp -v $f root/my-documents/NewDir $f{%.doc} done When i go to run this in the console i type, bin/sh/ CP.sh but it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MKTM_93_SIMP
7 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)