Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: dos batch script
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions dos batch script Post 302129646 by lorcan on Wednesday 1st of August 2007 02:20:56 AM
Old 08-01-2007
Please dont post duplicate threads Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Shell script to Dos batch files

Hi friends! I am having some simple shell script files to build postgresql database and all. Now i want to convert those scripts to dos batch scripts(to run on windows XP/2000/NT) because there is no need of unix emulation for latest release of postgresql. Please somebody help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: darwinkna
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash shell script and ms-dos

Hi... I need your help..... I would like to create a bash shell script, which it could someway to stimulate the MS DOS to accept and do the most basic commands of MS DOS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: space13
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

dos batch script

We need to write a dos batch script that does following in order numbered below: Connect to all UNIX boxes using IP,userid and password from a file. validate if login was successful check if there is at least 30mb disk space in the home folder of the user Check if there are any processes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandraachii
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

DOS batch file to capture routers log

Hi, Please help to write DOS /Perl script to capture router AAA logs to store in file. RADIUS: id 1, priority 1, host 59.163.6.103, auth-port 1901, acct-port 1902 State: current UP, duration 1928071s, previous duration 0s Dead: total time 2798488914s, count 0 Authen:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: patilanna
0 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

variable in dos batch file

Sir I have a very old cobol programme (source not availble). On execution and invoking some menu commands, depending upon the "pressed menu commands" it is writing certain values into a dos batch file. At the end of cobol file, this batch file gets exeuted. On keying in the Drive from which you... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HowTo translate KSH Scripts to DOS Batch Files ?

Hi there, in near future I have to change my work surrounding from HP UNIX to Windows Vista (great to get rid of old hardware :), but bad to loose UNIX :( ). As I heavily use KSH scripts to do my job, I was wondering, if there is any HowTo available, supporting me in re-writing the scripts to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joe-K7
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix shell, Dos batch

Is the unix shell script equivalent to dos batch command? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos batch script to execute unix shell script

Can anyone help me with a dos batch script to execute a shell script residing in an unix server. I am not able to use ssh. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting DOS Batch file to Shell Script

Hi, This is my DOS Batch file. @echo off echo "Program Name :" %0 rem echo "Next param :" %1 echo "Next param :" "Username/Password" echo "User Id :" %2 echo "User Name :" %3 echo "Request ID ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
4 Replies
postwait(2)							System Calls Manual						       postwait(2)

NAME
postwait: pw_getukid(), pw_wait(), pw_post(), pw_postv(), pw_getvmax() - lightweight synchronization mechanism SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
Postwait is a fast, lightweight sleep/wakeup mechanism that can be used for synchronization by cooperating kernel threads within a single process or between separate processes. A thread calls to block. It resumes execution when it is posted by another thread, the call expires, or is signaled. If one or more posts are already pending, returns immediately. Threads using postwait are identified by their ukid. A thread retrieves its ukid by calling It shares this ukid with anyone it chooses by any means it considers appropriate (for example, shared memory). is called with a timeout ts. If ts is NULL, the thread will not timeout. It will remain blocked until posted or a signal wakes it up. If ts points to a zero-valued timespec, will return immediately with a value (and indicating whether or not it was posted. If ts points to a timespec whose value is greater than zero, the thread will block for that amount of time unless it is posted or inter- rupted by a signal, in which case the timespec pointed to by ts is updated with the remaining time. The return value and are set to indi- cate the reason the call returned. is used to post many threads with a single call. It posts to all threads in the targets array. An value for each target is returned in the errors array. (0 indicates success.) If the errors pointer is zero, no target-specific errors are copied out. There is a maximum number of threads that can be posted with a single call. This value is returned by Posts sent to a kernel thread that already has a post pending against it are discarded. RETURN VALUE
returns 0 if it succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if posted, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if the post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns 0 if every post succeeds, -1 otherwise. returns the maximum number of kernel threads that can be posted with a single call to ERRORS
sets to one of the following values if it fails: ukid points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. sets to one of the following values if it fails: was called with a timeout of 0 but the caller has no post(s) pending. was called with a timeout that expired. ts points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. was interrupted by a signal. The timespec pointed to by ts is invalid. sets to one of the following values if it fails: The ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. sets to one of the following values if it fails: targets points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. errors points to an illegal address. The reliable detection of this error is implementation dependent. count is less than 0. count exceeds the maximum value (as returned by A ukid refers to a non-existent kernel thread. postwait(2)