Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users examine core file after abort() Post 302129610 by porter on Tuesday 31st of July 2007 06:36:49 PM
Old 07-31-2007
gdb - yes
bt - yes

I find Linux's handling of threads to be disastrous, especially in the debugger.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to examine the memory usage??

Hello, I'm working with Linux 2.4.18 I'll like to know, if there is a way to know exactly what is using the RAM memory of my box. I try with ps command, but the size of the memory usage than I can calculate, it is very diferent compared with the information that I get with the free command. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: comadreja
11 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Abort core dumped!!!!

HI All, I am working on Solaris 8, i have this application runing on one of the partitions,(the installation was done here ie /export/home) And the out put of this goes to another parition of other disk attached to the same machine. After a certain period of time is get this error stating... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Any tool to examine the error or traffic on the machine?

Hello all is there any graphic tool or not graphic tool that lets me examine or monitor the error in the system or data traffic ? Thanks for your help (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

4. BSD

stack overflow in function psync_status Abort (core dumped)

I am running Open BSD 3.8 (3.5 upgrade) on a Pent Pro. 200, 64 Megs Ram, Nvedia Vanta TNT 16 Megs, Realtech 8139 Nic. When running ifconfig -a I get this error back. I've run searches on google no deal. I can get Stack overflow or psync, but not both. So I would really like to know how to fix it. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmcpreach
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in checking file abort

Hi, I would like to know given executing a file with inputs, I would like to know when does it terminate /abort abnormally. I tried to append an echo $? after executing my program which is in C. However, there is nothing..It shows 0 even though the program actually exit. my command is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to abort file transfer if the file is already existing?

Hi , while doing FTP from mainframe to unix if the file we are sending is already existing in the server ,it is getting replaced.when i used sunique command,its not replacing but stil creates a copy of the file with .1 to .99 extension.is there any way to abort the file transfer if the file is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amodmenon
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to examine and open a text file?

Hi I am a new to linux, i was faced a file to know is a text file but its type isnt text document and i can not open it please guide me. Regards ---------- Post updated at 02:52 AM ---------- Previous update was at 02:40 AM ---------- Thank you for your cooperation, my OS is a centOS 5.5... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mkhorami76
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with examine the number files in directories given as arguments

Hi , this is homework .. I have to finish it tomorrow, I did my best , but I found it so difficult .. Can You HELP Me ??! Write a bash shell script filestatic. The script should examine the number files in directories given as arguments (parameters) to this script. a. if one argument is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abo-el-sos
1 Replies

9. Solaris

I can't copy any file to any machine | abort problem | freezing

I want to copy tar file to another machine. tar size is 4gb. Firstly I tried copy to windows machine with ftp client but copy operation didn't start. Now I have tryied to copy to solaris machine command with scp but copy was freezed. Picture is attached.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getrue
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to Abort if file name has space.

Hi, In my shell script I use the following code to copy files from one directory to other. for file in `ls`; do #----------------- Copy Files From INDIR to OUTDIR -------------# echoen "Copying File ${INDIR}/$file to ${OUTDIR}/${file}" cp ${INDIR}/$file ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
4 Replies
IPKDB(4)						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						  IPKDB(4)

NAME
ipkdb -- IP-based kernel debugger SYNOPSIS
options IPKDB options IPKDBSECURE options IPKDBKEY=""IPKDB key for remote debugging"" options IPKDB_NE_PCISLOT=x DESCRIPTION
ipkdb is a kernel debugger that uses UDP and IP to communicate with a remote debugger (normally gdb(1)). Since the debugger uses its own driver to talk to the networking hardware, the number of supported network interfaces is a lot less than what is supported by the kernel. At the time of this writing, there is only support for a NE2000 compatible card in a PCI slot. In order for ipkdb to find your card, you need to specify the slot the card is in via the options IPKDB_NE_PCISLOT. To use ipkdb, you have to set up a DHCP server, from which ipkdb can get the IP address for the interface that is used for debugging. To enter ipkdb, the remote debugger has to send the protocol start packet. E.g., gdb will do this on the command target ipkdb debuggee IPKDB key for remote debugging where debuggee is the name of the machine to debug (which must resolve to the IP address of the interface), and the rest of the line corre- sponds to the definition of IPKDBKEY (see below). For ipkdb to actually see this packet, the interface which is used for debugging has to be set up to actually receive packets, i.e. it has to be up and running. To prevent messing around with a secured system, ipkdb normally also checks the security level at which the kernel is running. ipkdb will only work with security levels less than 1, unless the kernel is configured with options IPKDBSECURE. In addition, the debugger is forcedly entered on a panic, as well as on initial startup, if you boot the kernel with the -d option (note that this however is machine dependent). On such a forced enter to ipkdb there is no need for the interface in question to already be up and run- ning, since ipkdb only needs to send/receive packets via its own driver. As some form of security against the occasional hacker, ipkdb uses the definition of options IPKDBKEY to compute a checksum on the data in every packet. The remote debugger has to send this checksum, based on the data it sends and the key, or ipkdb ignores the packet. This is also used in order to check against data errors on the connection. SEE ALSO
gdb(1), ddb(4), ip(4), udp(4), init(8) HISTORY
ipkdb appeared in NetBSD 1.3 for the first time. Its configuration and setup changed quite a bit in NetBSD 1.5. BUGS
Since the kernel includes the definition of IPKDBKEY, anyone who can read the kernel can extract it and use it to enter ipkdb. There is no support for ip6(4). BSD
March 27, 2000 BSD