Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Solaris v9 need help please
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris v9 need help please Post 302129547 by touny on Tuesday 31st of July 2007 11:48:56 AM
Old 07-31-2007
Hi,

when I run luxadm probe I don't see the fiber I don;t see the wwn corresponding to my fiber.
Thanks in advance

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

application compiled on solaris 10 throwing error when executed on solaris 9

I have compiled my application on Solaris 10 with following description SunOS ldg1 5.10 Generic_138888-03 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Blade-T6320 The compiler is Sun C++ 5.9 SunOS_sparc Patch 124863-01 2007/07/25 But when installing the application on Solaris 9 SunOS odcarch02 5.9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_bit2k2
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

3. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Patching Procedure in Solaris 10 with sun cluster having Solaris zone

Hi Gurus I am not able to find the patching procedure for solaris 10 ( sol10 u11) to latest patchset with sun cluster having failover zones so that same I should follow. Take an instance, there are sol1 and sol2 nodes and having two failover zones like sozone1-rg and sozone2-rg and currently... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nick101
1 Replies
CYC(3)							     Library Functions Manual							    CYC(3)

NAME
cyc - Cyclone fiber interface SYNOPSIS
bind #C /dev /dev/cyc DESCRIPTION
The cyc device drives the Cyclone CVME961 (not 960) card with an attached SQFBR Squall module to provide a high-speed point-to-point 9P link between a CPU server and a file server. Both machines must of course have VME buses. For debugging, the Cyclone may be loaded with on-board software using xms (see con(1)) and the NINDY ROM supplied with the device. In production, though, it is easiest to replace the ROM with the program in the directory /sys/src/fs/cyc. In either case, the on-board software expects an identical Cyclone to be at the other end of the fiber. One of the boards must be in a CPU server, the other in a file server; the systems configure their respective boards dynamically as appropriate. The driver serves a single file, /dev/cyc. When opened, the file initializes the connection to the file server. The resulting file descriptor should be used only to send and receive 9P messages. Typically boot(8) will open /dev/cyc, prime the connection by sending nop and session messages (see attach(5)), and then mount (see bind(2)) the file descriptor in the CPU server's name space. Thenceforth all activity on /dev/cyc will be mediated by the mount driver mnt(3)). FILES
/sys/src/fs/cyc Directory of on-board software for the Cyclone. SEE ALSO
CVME960, CVM961 Single Board Computer User's Manual and SQFBR User's Manual, Cyclone Microsystems, Inc., New Haven, CT, 1-203-7865536 SOURCE
/sys/src/9/power/devcyc.c BUGS
The driver is specific to the SGI Power Series, although the device should operate on any VME bus. CYC(3)