Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Copy all the files with time stamp and remove header,trailer from file Post 302129310 by ksrams on Monday 30th of July 2007 11:17:49 AM
Old 07-30-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksrams
Thanks Shell_Life..Now output displays all the files in the input directory with inside loop error can't open file.txt and this 0 byte file.txt copied to the directory one level above the output directory suppiled(i have passed /home/output as output directory and this file copied to /home directory)
Input file(s) permissions are rw-r--r--
Please let me know your thoughts on this..
shell_life,
could you plase help me on the above error..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove header(first line) and trailer(last line) in ANY given file

Hi, I need some help in removing the header (first line) and the trailer (last line) in a give file... The data file actually comes in EBCDIC format and I converted it into ASCII.. Now I need to strip off the first line and the last line.. I think we can use sed to do something like this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhunk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge text files while combining the multiple header/trailer records into one each.

Situation: Our system currently executes a job (COBOL Program) that generates an interface file to be sent to one of our vendors. Because this system processes information for over 100,000 employees/retirees (and growing), we'd like to multi-thread the job into processing-groups in order to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oordonez
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to copy an alertlog file from a particular time stamp?

Hi, Can any one tell me how to copy an alertlog file from a particular time stamp using shell script? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suman_dba1
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

improve performance - replace $\| with $#@ and remove header and trailer records

Hi All, In my file i need to remove header and trailer records which comes in 1st line and last line respectively. After that i need to replace '$\|' with '$#@'. I am using sed command for this and its taking lot of time. Is there any other command which can be used to improve performance? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HemaV
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify log files based on time stamp,zip and then copy..HELP

Hi All, PFB is a requirement. I am new to shell scripting. So plz help. It would be highly appreciated. 1. choose all the log files based on a particular date (files location is '/test/domain')--i.e,we should choose all the files that are modified on 29th November, neither 28th nor 30th 2.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skdas_niladri
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding header and trailer into a file

Hi, I want to add the below Header to all the files in sequence File1,File2,File3...etc "ABC,<number of chracter in the file>" e,g - If File1 is as below pqrstuvdt abcdefgh then I want to add the above header into it ,So that File1 becomes as below ABC,17 pqrstuvdt abcdefgh ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: spari2
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last few characters in a file but keeping Header and trailer intact

Hi All, I am trying write a simple command using AWK and SED to this but without any success. Here is what I am using: head -1 test1.txt>test2.txt|sed '1d;$d' test1.txt|awk '{print substr($0,0,(length($0)-2))}' >>test2.txt|tail -1 test1.txt>>test2.txt Input: Header 1234567 abcdefgh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nvuradi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to validate file header and trailer

Hi, I need a script that validates a file header/detail/trailer. File layout is: Header - Rec_Type|File_name|File_Date Detail - Rec_Type|field1|field2|field3... Trailder - Rec_Type|File_name|File_Date|Record_count Sample Data: HDR|customer_data.dat|20120709... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash_sh
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Verify the header and trailer in file

please see my requirement, I hope I am clear. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Append pipe | at the end of all the rows except header n trailer for all the files under a directory

Hi Experts Need help... I am looking for a Unix script to append pipe | at the end of all the rows (except header and trailer)in all the files placed under the directory /interfaces/Temp e.g. Header row1 row2 row3 Trailer The script should read all the files under... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani333
3 Replies
DB5.1_HOTBACKUP(1)					      General Commands Manual						DB5.1_HOTBACKUP(1)

NAME
db5.1_hotbackup - Create "hot backup" or "hot failover" snapshots SYNOPSIS
db5.1_hotbackup [-cDuVv] [-d data_dir ...] [-h home] [-l log_dir] [-P password] -b backup_dir DESCRIPTION
The db5.1_hotbackup utility creates "hot backup" or "hot failover" snapshots of Berkeley DB database environments. The db5.1_hotbackup utility performs the following steps: 1. If the -c option is specified, checkpoint the source home database environment, and remove any unnecessary log files. 2. If the target directory for the backup does not exist, it is created with mode read-write-execute for the owner. If the target directory for the backup does exist and the -u option was specified, all log files in the target directory are removed; if the -u option was not specified, all files in the target directory are removed. 3. If the -u option was not specified, copy application-specific files found in the database environment home directory, or any directory specified using the -d option, into the target directory for the backup. 4. Copy all log files found in the directory specified by the -l option (or in the database environment home directory, if no -l option was specified), into the target directory for the backup. 5. Perform catastrophic recovery on the hot backup. 6. Remove any unnecessary log files from the hot backup. The db5.1_hotbackup utility does not resolve pending transactions that are in the prepared state. Applications that use DB_TXN->prepare should specify DB_RECOVER_FATAL when opening the environment, and run DB_ENV->txn_recover to resolve any pending transactions, when failing over to the hot backup. OPTIONS
-b Specify the target directory for the backup. -c Before performing the snapshot, checkpoint the source database environment and remove any log files that are no longer required in that environment. To avoid making catastrophic failure impossible, log file removal must be integrated with log file archival. -d Specify one or more source directories that contain databases; if none is specified, the database environment home directory will be searched for database files. As database files are copied into a single backup directory, files named the same, stored in different source directories, could overwrite each other when copied into the backup directory. -h Specify the source directory for the backup, that is, the database environment home directory. -l Specify a source directory that contains log files; if none is specified, the database environment home directory will be searched for log files. -P Specify an environment password. Although Berkeley DB utilities overwrite password strings as soon as possible, be aware there may be a window of vulnerability on systems where unprivileged users can see command-line arguments or where utilities are not able to overwrite the memory containing the command-line arguments. -u Update a pre-existing hot backup snapshot by copying in new log files. If the -u option is specified, no databases will be copied into the target directory. -V Write the library version number to the standard output, and exit. -v Run in verbose mode, listing operations as they are done. -D Use the data directories listed in the DB_CONFIG configuration file in the source directory. This option has three effects: First, if they do not already exist, the specified data directories will be created relative to the target directory (with mode read-write- execute owner). Second, all files in the source data directories will be copied to the target data directories. If the DB_CONFIG file specifies one or more absolute pathnames, files in those source directories will be copied to the top-level target directory. Third, the DB_CONFIG configuration file will be copied from the +source directory to the target directory, and subsequently used for configuration if recovery is run in the target directory. Care should be taken with the -D option and data directories which are named relative to the source directory but are not subdirectories (that is, the name includes the element "..") Specifically, the constructed target directory names must be meaningful and distinct from the source directory names, otherwise running recovery in the target directory might corrupt the source data files. It is an error to use absolute pathnames for data directories or the log directory in this mode, as the DB_CONFIG configuration file copied into the target directory would then point at the source directories and running recovery would corrupt the source data files. The db5.1_hotbackup utility uses a Berkeley DB environment (as described for the -h option, the environment variable DB_HOME, or because the utility was run in a directory containing a Berkeley DB environment). In order to avoid environment corruption when using a Berkeley DB environment, db5.1_hotbackup should always be given the chance to detach from the environment and exit gracefully. To cause db5.1_hot- backup to release all environment resources and exit cleanly, send it an interrupt signal (SIGINT). The db5.1_hotbackup utility exits 0 on success, and >0 if an error occurs. ENVIRONMENT
DB_HOME If the -h option is not specified and the environment variable DB_HOME is set, it is used as the path of the database home, as described in DB_ENV->open. AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation. This manual page was created based on the HTML documentation for db_hotbackup from Sleepycat, by Thijs Kinkhorst <thijs@kinkhorst.com>, for the Debian system (but may be used by others). 28 January 2005 DB5.1_HOTBACKUP(1)