Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl array question from going through hash Post 302129173 by drl on Sunday 29th of July 2007 11:39:32 AM
Old 07-29-2007
Hi.

I suggest you check at the step where you are about to print it. If the length is less than 5, skip the print, otherwise print the item. As a side note, are you sure you want the results of the join to go into an array rather than a scalar? Perhaps I don't understand what you wanted there. Possibly even better would be to join the elements of the array into a scalar then eliminate the spaces with a single (global) substitute ... cheers, drl

Last edited by drl; 07-29-2007 at 12:46 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

hash,array and perl

Hi,i have a code fragment below. %tag = (); #line 1 $tag{'info'} = $datastring; #line 2 $resp = $ua->request( #$ua is a user agent POST 'http://10.2.3.0' , Content_Type => application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content => #line 3 I am not sure of what the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash question

Below is one article I was reading and I don't understand the $seen{$_} = 1 Can someone explain this in easier terms plesae? ____________________________________________________________ We can also take advantage of the uniqueness property of hash keys to filter out duplicates from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL, push to hash of array problem

$key = "a"; $value = "hello"; %myhash = {} ; push @{ myHash{$key} }, $hello; print $myHash{$key}."\n"; this script prints "hello" but has following error message. Reference found where even-sized list expected at ./test line 5. can any one help me to fix this problem?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonosungho
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array of hash in perl does not work

Hi , I have an input.txt file that i read node: id= c1, class=nb, cx=100, cy=100, r=10 node: id=c2, class=b, cx=150, cy=130, r=10 node: id=c3, class=nb, cx=50, cy=80, r=10 node: id=c4, class=nb, cx=120, cy=200, r=10 i split over , and = to create a global array and then passed it to a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsanjay
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - need help with 2 arrays to hash or 2d array?

I have 2 arrays: @array1 outputs the following: 1 1 1 2 @array2 outputs the following A B C D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Can't coerce array into hash at

Hi guys I have this part of a perl script that returns and odd error if ($args{software}) { print " @DISTFILE_GROUPS $output->{distfile_groups}->{ get_rdist_groups}\n"; and the error is Can't coerce array into hash at i've never seed this error before, any ideas thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

array of hash - perl

How do I get the unique hashes from an array of hashes? @ar1 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4},{a=>1,b=>2});I need : @ar2 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4});Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
2 Replies

8. Programming

Perl Array within an hash

Hi All I have been using a curl code to output an hash that looks like this $VAR1 = { 'data'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Assigning multile hash values to a single array

I know that @food = %fruit; Works. But how do I assign %fruit and %veggies to @food ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl hash of hashes anonymous array

Hello experts. I'm having problems with a snippet of code. I was hoping to get help/advice to correct. A file that this script parses has changed to the point where I can no longer use a scalar, it looks as though I need to create an array for a hash of hashes below. The first output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timj123
1 Replies
SHUFFLE(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						SHUFFLE(1)

NAME
shuffle -- print a random permutation of the command line arguments SYNOPSIS
shuffle [-0] [-f filename ...] [-n number] [-p number] [arg] [...] DESCRIPTION
The shuffle program prints a random permutation (or ``shuffle'') of its command line arguments. This can be useful in shell scripts for selecting a random order in which to do a set of tasks, view a set of files, etc. If the -f option is given, the data is taken from that files' contents or if the filename is - ``stdin''. If the -n option is given, its argument is treated as a number, and the program prints a random permutation of the numbers greater than or equal to 0 and less than the argument. If the -p option is given, its argument is treated as a number, and the program prints that number of randomly selected lines or arguments in a random order. The -0 option changes the field separator character from to , so that the output is suitable to be sent to xargs(1) (to handle filenames with whitespace in them). EXAMPLES
$ shuffle a b c d c b d a $ shuffle -p 1 a b c d d $ shuffle -n 4 -p 2 0 3 SEE ALSO
jot(1), random(6) HISTORY
The shuffle program first appeared in NetBSD 1.4. AUTHORS
Written by Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>. BSD
February 18, 2009 BSD