Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl array question from going through hash Post 302129173 by drl on Sunday 29th of July 2007 11:39:32 AM
Old 07-29-2007
Hi.

I suggest you check at the step where you are about to print it. If the length is less than 5, skip the print, otherwise print the item. As a side note, are you sure you want the results of the join to go into an array rather than a scalar? Perhaps I don't understand what you wanted there. Possibly even better would be to join the elements of the array into a scalar then eliminate the spaces with a single (global) substitute ... cheers, drl

Last edited by drl; 07-29-2007 at 12:46 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

hash,array and perl

Hi,i have a code fragment below. %tag = (); #line 1 $tag{'info'} = $datastring; #line 2 $resp = $ua->request( #$ua is a user agent POST 'http://10.2.3.0' , Content_Type => application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content => #line 3 I am not sure of what the code... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl hash question

Below is one article I was reading and I don't understand the $seen{$_} = 1 Can someone explain this in easier terms plesae? ____________________________________________________________ We can also take advantage of the uniqueness property of hash keys to filter out duplicates from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hankooknara
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL, push to hash of array problem

$key = "a"; $value = "hello"; %myhash = {} ; push @{ myHash{$key} }, $hello; print $myHash{$key}."\n"; this script prints "hello" but has following error message. Reference found where even-sized list expected at ./test line 5. can any one help me to fix this problem?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bonosungho
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array of hash in perl does not work

Hi , I have an input.txt file that i read node: id= c1, class=nb, cx=100, cy=100, r=10 node: id=c2, class=b, cx=150, cy=130, r=10 node: id=c3, class=nb, cx=50, cy=80, r=10 node: id=c4, class=nb, cx=120, cy=200, r=10 i split over , and = to create a global array and then passed it to a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsanjay
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - need help with 2 arrays to hash or 2d array?

I have 2 arrays: @array1 outputs the following: 1 1 1 2 @array2 outputs the following A B C D (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: streetfighter2
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl Can't coerce array into hash at

Hi guys I have this part of a perl script that returns and odd error if ($args{software}) { print " @DISTFILE_GROUPS $output->{distfile_groups}->{ get_rdist_groups}\n"; and the error is Can't coerce array into hash at i've never seed this error before, any ideas thanks... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

array of hash - perl

How do I get the unique hashes from an array of hashes? @ar1 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4},{a=>1,b=>2});I need : @ar2 = ( {a=>1,b=>2}, {c=>3,d=>4});Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellwell
2 Replies

8. Programming

Perl Array within an hash

Hi All I have been using a curl code to output an hash that looks like this $VAR1 = { 'data'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ab52
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Assigning multile hash values to a single array

I know that @food = %fruit; Works. But how do I assign %fruit and %veggies to @food ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl hash of hashes anonymous array

Hello experts. I'm having problems with a snippet of code. I was hoping to get help/advice to correct. A file that this script parses has changed to the point where I can no longer use a scalar, it looks as though I need to create an array for a hash of hashes below. The first output of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: timj123
1 Replies
TSI(5)								File Formats Manual							    TSI(5)

NAME
tsi - Transmission Subscriber Identification (TSI) access control list DESCRIPTION
The HylaFAX configuration parameter QualifyTSI specifies whether or not the identity of a calling facsimile machine should be checked against an access control list before receiving facsimile. If QualifyTSI is non-null, then only messages from facsimile machines identi- fied in the file specified by the string (typically etc/tsi) will be accepted. Patterns are specified one per line and must conform to the regular expressions syntax specified by POSIX 1003.2; see re_format(7). Com- ments may be included; they are introduced with the ``#'' character and extend to the end of the line. Any trailing white space on a line is ignored (for convenience when comments are used). If a line begins with ``!'', then the regular expression identifies clients that should be rejected; otherwise regular expressions identify clients whose transmissions should be accepted. The order of patterns in a TSI file is important. When a facsimile is to be received, the fax server will compare the client's TSI against the patterns in the access control list in the order in which they appear in the file. The first pattern that matches the client TSI is used to decide whether to accept or reject the facsimile. If no patterns match the client TSI then the facsimile is rejected. Thus if you want to accept all but a restricted set of TSI the last line in the file should be ``^.*$''. Note that regular expression patterns should be written to match a TSI exactly. That is, patterns should be of the form: ^<pattern>$ where the ``^'' and ``$'' characters are used to specify the start and end of the matching TSI. Additionally, regular expression patterns should handle white space that may appear in known locations. For example, ^([+]1){1}[ .-]*415[ .-]*555[ .-]*1212.*$ matches the following TSI strings: +1.415.555.1212 415 555 1212 1-415-555-1212 Finally, note that regular expressions can be used to specify many TSI with one pattern. NOTES
It would be nice if TSI that were to be matched against were placed in some canonical form (e.g. remove white space and white space-like characters). This is, however, problematic, because some facsimile machines permit any printable ASCII string to be sent as a TSI. SEE ALSO
faxgetty(8), re_format(7), hylafax-config(5) December 5, 1994 TSI(5)