Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting mailx: concatenating strings for message body (KSH) Post 302129160 by Perderabo on Sunday 29th of July 2007 08:12:06 AM
Old 07-29-2007
{ echo "line one" ; cat data ; echo "last line" ; } | mailx

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx error message : mailx: NUL changed to @

If I use the "Mail" link instead of the "mail" link to ../mailx I get this error. Mail so-n-so @whatever.com mailx: NUL changed to @ Unknown command: "postmaster" The email still goes through but i get the error. If I use "mail" it goes thru without the error. Any ideas?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

MAILX Body containing SQL results

I have a KSH script that runs a SQL script, then sends an email to me indicating that it's completed. I would like to modify it so that the body of the email will contain a count of the number of records Added, Changed, Deleted as a result of the SQL script. Here's what I was trying, but it's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dstinsman
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx : can we have the body to be a binary file ?

Hi I am totally dummy as far as UNIX is concerned, so please apologize. I was just given the syntax to send multiple attachments with a body.txt message, it works great and we use it a lot. Now, my question is : can we have the body to be a Binary file (like a Word Document for example)? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: CKIRCH
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mailx and html body messages

Hi, I'm working on Solaris 9 (SPARC) and I like to send an html body message to our users when something happen. The problem is that I can't find how to give mime type information with mailx. To be recognized as html I need to put in email header this information: Mime-Version: 1.0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gbagagli
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenating strings

I m new to shell scripting and what i want is take as an i/p from command line the name of the file and inside my script i should redirect the o/p of my few commands to this file concatenated with .txt for example if i give ./linux filename i should get the o/p in filename.txt i need to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tulip
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mailx empty body message

Hi, Is there a way to suppress this message? Null message body; hope that's ok My email string is: mailx -s "This is my subject" myemail@domain.com < /dev/null It's just an annoyance to me that I would like see go away. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to preserve space while concatenating strings? (KSH)

I have these str1=$(echo "This is string one with spaces \n This is also my sentence 1") When I echo $str1, it displays the new line character properly. Now I have another new variable say str2. I want to concatenate in this way.. str1 + newline character + and then str2. That's I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dahlia84
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

The body of the Email -- mailx

Hi, I am using mailx command to send an email and i took the body of the email from a file, mailx -r gtt.org -s "Status Report " ss@org.com < $ProcessStatisticsFile but now i want to declare the body of the email in the command itself. I have tried with the following command but... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chinnu01
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to print body of content using mailx

Hi, I'm a perl developer. I need to attach a file from my perl cgi script and send mail to our users whoever using our website. I have used mailx command to attach a file.. it is working fine for me. The problem I'm facing is I'm not getting body of the mail. I have a function called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bheeshmaraja
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mailx with attachment and message body

i have to attach the 'body in the email' along with attachment below code is throwing errors, how can i do it ? here body file contains message, it should display in email, please help i am using HP-UX (cat body ;) (uuencode attch1 attch1 ;) | mailx -m -s "testing" "abc@gmail.com" ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: only4satish
4 Replies
MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)													       MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)

mssql_num_fields - Gets the number of fields in result

SYNOPSIS
int mssql_num_fields (resource $result) DESCRIPTION
mssql_num_fields(3) returns the number of fields in a result set. PARAMETERS
o $result - The result resource that is being evaluated. This result comes from a call to mssql_query(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns the number of fields, as an integer. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_num_fields(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL and select the database $link = mssql_connect('KALLESPCSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); mssql_select_db('php', $link); // Select some data from our database $data = mssql_query('SELECT [name], [age] FROM [php].[dbo].[persons]'); // Construct a table echo '<table border="1">'; $header = false; // Iterate through returned results while ($row = mssql_fetch_array($data)) { // Build the table header if (!$header) { echo '<thead>'; echo '<tr>'; for ($i = 1; ($i + 1) <= mssql_num_fields($data); ++$i) { echo '<td>' . ucfirst($row[$i]) . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; echo '</thead>'; echo '<tbody>'; $header = true; } // Build the row echo '<tr>'; foreach($row as $value) { echo '<td>' . $value . '</td>'; } echo '</tr>'; } // Close table echo '</tbody>'; echo '</table>'; // Clean up mssql_free_result($data); mssql_close($link); ?> SEE ALSO
mssql_query(3), mssql_fetch_field(3), mssql_num_rows(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_NUM_FIELDS(3)