Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pkgadd issues
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users pkgadd issues Post 302129071 by ggr on Saturday 28th of July 2007 12:56:59 AM
Old 07-28-2007
Is this a custom package or downloaded from vendor site? if it is custom package, I would suggest you look into the package as to what ID is this script running as. I know you are root and adding the package, but within SVR packaging, you can change all that to make another user install and layout the files.

Also you may need to look at prototype file within the package to see who is the targeted owner of the file/dir that is being created.

If you do have access to the package contents, you can use pkgtrans to get the prototype file. Make sure you read man page of pkgtrans before you use it.

-GGR

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pkgadd

I am adding gcc 3.3.2 to my unix box what is the best way to do it???? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alsande
4 Replies

2. Solaris

pkgadd

is there an option in pkgadd to accept the default option? I want to use pkgadd in a script and do not want to stop at intercative questions. thx. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pkgadd issues

Please inform me on how I can resolve the PaTcH_MsG 8 Version message below I am running solaris 9 9/05 HW on a Sun V445. Thank you. # pkgadd SUNWqlc Processing package instance <SUNWqlc> from </var/spool/pkg> Qlogic ISP 2200/2202 Fibre Channel Device Driver (sparc)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: GLJ@USC
3 Replies

4. Solaris

pkgadd help

I'm trying to install a package and it worked on most of the sun boxes and one of the box is just freezing and not going further. Her is the output. pkgadd -d packagename.dstream Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process all packages). (default: all) : Processing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Pkgadd problem

Hi there, I need to install the Sun explorer package on hundreds of boxes and am writing a script to install it ..However, When you run pkgadd -d SUNWexplo It is interactive .....well i say interactive ...it gives you two questions both of which I answer a simple yes to. So i tried ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
9 Replies

6. Solaris

pkgadd?

Hi all. Is there an option to #pkgadd to test if package bundle you want to install requires a reboot? #pkgadd -d "package bundle" an option like test or a dry run? Suggestions, anyone? :confused: Reloader (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reloader
2 Replies

7. Solaris

pkgadd woes

Morning all, I am attempting to load a package from a Solaris 8 CDROM. This fails with the error : "pkgadd: ERROR: unable to access pkgmap file </cdrom/ .........../SUNWlibC/pkgmap> No changes were made to the system" Any help would be appreciated Andy (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AndyD
6 Replies

8. Solaris

Pkgadd error

Hi All, Good Mng,Here I am getting one error while adding the top package to one of my Aun server. root@HYDREM01 # pkgadd -d top-3.6.1-sol9-sparc-local The following packages are available: 1 SMCtop top (sparc) 3.6.1 Select package(s) you wish to process (or... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbreddy
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

pkgadd question

Hi, Please could someone help me, understand how pkgadd works within unix. I have a software file, and I need to package this up and then pkgadd this to another server. Please could some advise me the best way to do this. regards venhart (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venhart
2 Replies

10. Solaris

pkgadd changes permissions of /etc

Hi, when I install a package using pkgadd, it correctly installs the binary files with the user name that I want. However it also changes the permissions of /etc/rc2.d. I don't want this to happen. I want to retain original owner of /etc/rc2.d as it is. I could see that before installing,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: funwithdolphin
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)