Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Working with Script variables; seems like this should work... Post 302129049 by kahuna on Friday 27th of July 2007 05:24:30 PM
Old 07-27-2007
try
Code:
eval abc$g=hello

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

variables don't work for inline "su" script

My first post here... I cannot get variables to work when using inline KSH commands on a "su" command. I have a KSH script, below, that produces my problem: #!/usr/bin/ksh su <user_id> <<-END export FLD1=`echo $PWD` pwd echo $FLD1 echo TEST echo $PWD END The script will prompt me... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: joekreif
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed command not work with variables?

I am trying to write a simple script which will take a variable with sed to take a line out of a text and display it #!/bin/sh exec 3<list while read list<&3 do echo $list sed -n '$list p'<list2 done this does not work, yet when I replace the $list variable from the sed command and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MaestroRage
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

cd command doesn't work through variables

Hi.... cd command is not working when dual string drive/volume name is passed to cd through variables....... For Ex.... y=/Volumes/Backup\ vipin/ cd $y the above command gives error....... anyone with a genuine solution ? (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinchauhan222
16 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading external variables does not work

... declare vINIFILE vINIFILE=$1 ... echo "The name of the File is $vINIFILE" >>mail_tmp echo "" >> mail_tmp.$$ ... grep RUNJOB=0 $vINIFILE >>tmp_filter ... So the strange is in echo-statement I get the correct output for $vINIFILE wrtitten into the file mail_tmp. But the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ABE2202
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that "should work" it's not working.

Hi, this is my script: #!/bin/bash trabajo=$1 numero=`jobs | grep -n $trabajo | cut -d':' -f1` echo $trabajo echo $numero kill %$numero wait For some reason, numero=`jobs | grep -n $trabajo | cut -d':' -f1` that line wont save in numero the number I am looking for BUT if I write it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamachejo
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Variables not working

Hello, I have a (basic I guess) problem with bash scripting. In the command line, this piece of code returns nothing (a blank line), and if I'm not worng it should return 3. set VAR = "3" echo $VAR if I do this (also in command line), a zero is returned: set VAR = 3 printf "%d"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlseminara
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem getting sed to work with variables

Hello, I am processing text files looking for a string and replacing the first occurrence of the string with something else. For the text,id Name 1 methyl-(2-methylpropoxy)-oxoammonium 2 N-amino-N-(methylamino)-2-nitrosoethanamine 3 3-methoxy-3-methyloxazolidin-3-ium... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Bash] passing variables to executable doesn't work

Bash version 4.4.20 / Ubuntu 16.0.4 Hello, I tried to write a script that gathers some data and passes them to an executable. The executed application answers with an error. The echo output in the script returns correct values. If I copy/paste the last echo command, it get's executed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushi2k7
2 Replies
JE::Code(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					     JE::Code(3pm)

NAME
JE::Code - ECMAScript parser and code executor for JE SYNOPSIS
use JE; $j = new JE; $code = $j->compile('1+1'); # returns a JE::Code object $code->execute; METHODS
$code->execute($this, $scope, $code_type); The "execute" method of a parse tree executes it. All the arguments are optional. The first argument will be the 'this' value of the execution context. The global object will be used if it is omitted or undef. The second argument is the scope chain. A scope chain containing just the global object will be used if it is omitted or undef. The third arg indicates the type of code. 0 or undef indicates global code. 1 means eval code (code called by JavaScript's "eval" function, which has nothing to do with JE's "eval" method, which runs global code). Variables created with "var" and function declarations inside eval code can be deleted, whereas such variables in global or function code cannot. A value of 2 means function code, which requires an explicit "return" statement for a value to be returned. If an error occurs, "undef" will be returned and $@ will contain the error message. If no error occurs, $@ will be a null string. $code->set_global( $thing ) You can transfer a JE::Code object to another JavaScript environment by setting the global object this way. You can also set it to "undef", if, for instance, you want to serialise the compiled code without serialising the entire JS environment. If you do that, you'll need to set the global object again before you can use the code object. FUNCTIONS
JE::Code::add_line_number($message, $code_object, $position) WARNING: The parameter list is still subject to change. This routine append a string such as 'at file, line 76.' to the error message passed to it, unless it ends with a line break already. $code_object is a code object as returned by JE's or JE::Parser's "parse" method. If it is omitted, the current value of $JE::Code::code will be used (this is set while JS code is running). If $JE::Code::code turns out to be undefined, then $message will be returned unchanged (this is subject to change; later I might make it use Carp to add a Perl file and line number). $position is the position within the source code, which will be used to determine the line number. If this is omitted, $JE::Code::pos will be used. EXPORTS
"add_line_number" can optionally be exported. SEE ALSO
JE perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 JE::Code(3pm)