Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Password on File
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Password on File Post 302128978 by vakharia Mahesh on Friday 27th of July 2007 11:10:09 AM
Old 07-27-2007
password for files

Oh what a relief it would be , b'coz I too am facint the same problem since
long and there are situation like you with me too . So many times I have
given a thought but in vain. If solved it will be a great relief for alike
programmer or sys adm, world over. Thanx in advance if some GURU
and provide some light on the subject.Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

File password.

Hello, Is there a way to protect a file with password on opening the file. Thank You (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password protect a file

I have created a PHP page that I use to clean files on my machine. I would like to leave the file there but I want to password protect it so that I am the only one that can run it from the shell. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. -Cam (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: perryl7
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change root password using shell script with standard password

Hi Friends. I am new to scripting now i want to change the root password using the script with standard password. which is the easy scripting to learn for the beginner, Thanks in advance. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kurva
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in converting password protected excel file to csv file in unix

I need to convert a password protected excel file which will be in UNIX server to a comma separated file. For this I need to open the excel file in UNIX box but the UNIX box doesn't prompt for password instead it is opened in an encrypted manner. I could manually ftp the excel file to local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devivish
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password Protecting a File

hello there. Is there a way to password protect a file and make it so that several passwords can open it? i'm trying to write a script that open up a file if the password given by a user is one of many other passwords in the database of the file. not sure if this is possible. thanks the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

password protect a CSV file: better solution than ZIP password?

Hi We send *.csv with sensitive data to our customers. Our customers open those files with Excel. A new requirement is that we password protect those CSV files. I thought to pack them with ZIP and assign a password to the archive. But Solaris 10 can't encrypt ZIP files. $ zip -P... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Password Protecting a File

Hi Guys, I am generating a csv file using a shell script in Unix. Please can you guys advise if I can also password protect the file. Best Regards, Shaz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH password from file

Hi Admin I'm trying to execute on a script which in my production server. The production server has to phase login. First, we need to login to a Taxi server by opening a putty session from there we need to login to production server. Both servers using same LDAP id so I am able to login with... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: senthil.ak
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip a file with password

Hi, newbie to Linux, is there another way to zip a file with a password other than using 'zip' command? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mined
7 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Password sent via reset password email is 'weak' and won't allow me to change my password

I was unable to login and so used the "Forgotten Password' process. I was sent a NEWLY-PROVIDED password and a link through which my password could be changed. The NEWLY-PROVIDED password allowed me to login. Following the provided link I attempted to update my password to one of my own... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rich Marton
1 Replies
Tk_GetReliefFromObj(3)					       Tk Library Procedures					    Tk_GetReliefFromObj(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tk_GetReliefFromObj, Tk_GetRelief, Tk_NameOfRelief - translate between strings and relief values SYNOPSIS
#include <tk.h> int Tk_GetReliefFromObj(interp, objPtr, reliefPtr) int Tk_GetRelief(interp, name, reliefPtr) const char * Tk_NameOfRelief(relief) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter to use for error reporting. Tcl_Obj *objPtr (in/out) String value contains name of relief, one of "flat", "groove", "raised", "ridge", "solid", or "sunken"; the internal rep will be modified to cache corresponding relief value. char *string (in) Same as objPtr except description of relief is passed as a string. int *reliefPtr (out) Pointer to location in which to store relief value corresponding to objPtr or name. const char *name Name of the relief. int relief (in) Relief value (one of TK_RELIEF_FLAT, TK_RELIEF_RAISED, TK_RELIEF_SUNKEN, TK_RELIEF_GROOVE, TK_RELIEF_SOLID, or TK_RELIEF_RIDGE). _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tk_GetReliefFromObj places in *reliefPtr the relief value corresponding to the value of objPtr. This value will be one of TK_RELIEF_FLAT, TK_RELIEF_RAISED, TK_RELIEF_SUNKEN, TK_RELIEF_GROOVE, TK_RELIEF_SOLID, or TK_RELIEF_RIDGE. Under normal circumstances the return value is TCL_OK and interp is unused. If objPtr does not contain one of the valid relief names or an abbreviation of one of them, then TCL_ERROR is returned, *reliefPtr is unmodified, and an error message is stored in interp's result if interp is not NULL. Tk_GetReliefFromObj caches information about the return value in objPtr, which speeds up future calls to Tk_GetReliefFromObj with the same objPtr. Tk_GetRelief is identical to Tk_GetReliefFromObj except that the description of the relief is specified with a string instead of an object. This prevents Tk_GetRelief from caching the return value, so Tk_GetRelief is less efficient than Tk_GetReliefFromObj. Tk_NameOfRelief is the logical inverse of Tk_GetRelief. Given a relief value it returns the corresponding string (flat, raised, sunken, groove, solid, or ridge). If relief is not a legal relief value, then "unknown relief" is returned. KEYWORDS
name, relief, string Tk 8.1 Tk_GetReliefFromObj(3)