Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Client/Server Issue
Operating Systems AIX Client/Server Issue Post 302128968 by Shell_Life on Friday 27th of July 2007 10:47:14 AM
Old 07-27-2007
Please, do not post your e-mail address, you are breaking one of this site rules:

(10) Don't post your email address and ask for an email reply. Don't send a private message with a technical question. The forums are for the benefit of all, so all Q&A should take place in the forums.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

nfs/nis client ownership issue

Hi, I have 2 systems - solaris 10 1 is nfs/nis server while other is nis/nfs client and user directories mounted on the client. the authentication works fine. but I find out of all users, only 2 users directory is owned by some usernames who are local user on client system. I checked... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Netbackup Client Issue in Solaris 8

We have a Solaris 8 machine which is a Netbackup 5.0 clinet. Backups have been running fine. Today I see in dmesg that "bpcd/tcp: bind: Address already in use" error bpcd which is backup clinet deamon listens on port 13782 as stated in /etc/services when I do $ netstat -an|grep -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tirmazi
3 Replies

3. AIX

NIM master-client connectivity issue

Hello All, I believe my NIM master is fine. lsnim and cat /etc/niminfo gives me the right output. While doing "lsnim" on a client machine, I get ksh:lsnim:"not found". Please someone be nice enough to explain what are the steps to verify the master and client connectivity to do all the NIM... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaix14
3 Replies

4. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Jumpstart Client Issue

I have a jumpstart client that is not requesting the tftp boot file. The rarp function is working, hostname and ip are set ok, but it hangs after that. tcpdump output: jumpstart-server:/var/lib/tftpboot# tcpdump -i eth1 tcpdump: verbose output suppressed, use -v or -vv for full protocol... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skitch
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

LDAP client issue

Hello, I'm new to Centos and to openldap. I am by trade a Solaris Admin. I'm experimenting with openldap and thought Linux would be easier to install and setup openldap on, so far this is true. The problem I'm having is that I can't get the client server to authenticate to the openldap server. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bitlord
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Client web pages very slow to load. Squid issue?

Hi. I have netBSD box acting as gateway, ftp, mail & web server, etc. It is now seven years old and has never missed a beat. The only problem is that the (Windows) boxes in my little network are now experiencing VERY slow web page loads. The other problem is that in the years since a Unix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: torontobob
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp script for dev server to client server

hi, i am new to unix, cuold u send some sftp acripts to send files to dev server to clint server, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koti.annam
1 Replies

10. AIX

LDAP authentication client issue

Hi, I am trying to authenticate AIX server against a IDS LDAP instance. The AIX version is 6.1 and TDS client is 6.1. I configured the secldapclntd using ldap.cfg file and changed /etc/security/user to set SYSTEM=LDAP, registry=LDAP for one user. Below are the ldap.cfg configurations - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vs1
5 Replies
REPORTER-MAILX(1)						 LIBREPORT MANUAL						 REPORTER-MAILX(1)

NAME
reporter-mailx - Sends contents of a problem directory via email. SYNOPSIS
reporter-mailx [-v] -d DIR [-c CONFFILE] DESCRIPTION
The tool reads a problem directory, composes an email message from the directory contents, and uses mailx to send the message to specified recipient. Properties of email messages can be specified in a configuration file, and via environment variables. Configuration file Configuration file contains entries in a format "Option = Value". The options are: Subject The subject of the email message. EmailFrom The sender of the email message. EmailTo The recipient of the email message. SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. This can cause the emails to be very large. Integration with ABRT events reporter-mailx can be used as a reporter, to allow users report problems via email when they decide to do it. This usage is pre-configured in /etc/libreport/events.d/mailx_event.conf: EVENT=report_Mailx reporter-mailx It can also be used to notify administrator automatically when a problem happens. When this is desired, modify the event configuration file to run the tool on the post-create event: EVENT=post-create reporter-mailx OPTIONS
-d DIR Path to problem directory. -c CONFFILE Path to configuration file. When used in ABRT event system, the file contains site-wide configuration. Users can change the values via environment variables. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
Environment variables take precedence over values provided in the configuration file. Mailx_Subject Subject of the email message. Mailx_EmailFrom Sender of the email message. Mailx_EmailTo Recipient of the email message. If nor the environment variable nor the corresponding option is defined, the message is send to "root@localhost". Mailx_SendBinaryData Use yes/true/on/1 to attach all binary files from the problem directory to the email. AUTHORS
o ABRT team LIBREPORT 2.1.11 06/18/2014 REPORTER-MAILX(1)