Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users SCO OpenServer Error - there are not enogh disk resources Post 302128955 by ghimanshu on Friday 27th of July 2007 09:12:25 AM
Old 07-27-2007
Question SCO OpenServer Error - there are not enogh disk resources

Hello,

My System configuration is as:
IDE Hrad Disk = 80GB
RAM = 512MB

While doing installation of SCO Open Server 5.0.7, I got stuck at second phase (i.e. IQM). During this phase, I selected for "Fresh" installtion and after that go for "Customizing Partitions and FileSystems". But it automatically takes "Total available space on disk = 159MB". Of 159MB, it alocates 64 MB to root(/). Now Optional Software size goes beyond the size of root . So, I now I have two options:

1) I can increase the size of root , or
2) I can reduce the size of "Optional Software Selection"

As i cannot increase the size of root because it shows "Total available space on disk = 159 MB", which is unalterable. Initially, it takes 320MB for "Optional Software", which is 256 MB greater than root. Now I reduced the size of "Optional Software" to 54 MB by deselecting all the softwres which are initially selected.

But as i proceed further, it displays an error saying -
"There are not enough disk resources"
for root(/) filesystem, space needed = 127MB

So, anyone can help me out.

Regards
Himanshu

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting sshd error messages SCO 5.0.6 openserver

Hi guys i'm trying to start sshd by doing this "/usr/local/sbin/sshd &" i'm getting this messages # This platform does not support both privilege separation and compression Compression disabled I loaded this 3 files 1-zlib- 1.1.40-vols... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: josramon
2 Replies

2. SCO

sco openserver 5.0.0 boot / root disk

Hi, I have an openserver 5.0.0 machine in the office. The sysad of that machine left years ago without leaving the password to anyone. I was wondering if someone has a copy of the boot / root diskettes (rescue) for this version? Or perhaps if anyone knows a download link / location in the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: marcpascual
0 Replies

3. SCO

SCO OpenServer Error - there are not enogh disk resources

Hello, My System configuration is as: IDE Hrad Disk = 80GB RAM = 512MB While doing installation of SCO Open Server 5.0.7, I got stuck at second phase (i.e. IQM). During this phase, I selected for "Fresh" installtion and after that I go for "Customizing Partitions and FileSystems". But it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO openserver 5.0.6 compatible hard disk

my question seems to be simple but i need help on that , actually i am having Fujitsu Siemens Celsius M420 , M440 workstations having 73 GB U320 10 K rpm SCSI HD , i got new HDs 15 K rpm with the same size 68 pins U320 SCSI ,my operating system is SCO Openserver 5.0.6 & Redhat linux release 9 i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamersai
0 Replies

5. SCO

SATA Hard Disk support by SCO OpenServer 5.05

Is SATA hard disk is suooprted by SCO OpenServer 5.05? If No, how to couter this problem. If yes, please provide the installation steps. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
2 Replies

6. SCO

Read Floppy disk in SCO OpenServer 5.0

help me please i am beguinner in SCO operating system how i can read Floppy disk i install SCO OpenServer5.02 i want to /mnt but no result (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: walidfinder
3 Replies

7. SCO

SCO 5.0.7 no root disk controller found error during install

I'm "attempting" to install SCO 5.0.7 on an HP ML370 G4 server and am ready to bash the keyboard with head now. I keep getting the error message "WARNING hd: no root disk controller found" when running the bootable install cd. I have a raid 5 array with an online spare created using 4 36.3 GB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrictionBurn
2 Replies

8. SCO

Recover data from failed Hard disk in SCO OpenServer 5.06

One hard disk fail to mount (/dev/data). I had run "fsck /dev/data" then some error occured "unrecoverable error reading SCSI Disk 1 dev 1/104". I need to recover data from disk. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar9919
1 Replies

9. SCO

SCO Openserver 5 root password and disk full

Hi, We have an old SCO Openserver 5.0.7 server that I have inherited that currently has two issues that we are trying to resolve. 1. We do not know the root password. I have contacted the old admin, looked for rescue disk and documentation but there appears to be nothing. I have tried... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: acerimmer10
1 Replies

10. SCO

"Unexpected EOF within #IF, #ifdef or #ifndef" error when rebuilding / relinking SCO OpenServer 5

Hi, I am a new Unix Guru with very little experience but have the task of P2Ving an old HP Proliant ML370 G5 server to VMware ESX 4.1 or ESXi 5.5. System seems to boots fine but when trying to remove HP software, configure TCP/IP or a driver, I am receiving: -------- ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dj_Italian
7 Replies
fitset(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 fitset(8)

Name
       fitset - determine if subset fits on a system

Syntax
       fitset [ -d ] [ root-path ]

Description
       The utility is used to determine if the files in a software subset will fit on a system.

Subset inventory records are read from the standard input. For each record, the space required to install the file described in that record
       is deducted from the available free space on the file system to which it would be installed.  Only currently mounted UFS file  systems  are
       used  in  the computations. Space requirements for files already on the disk will be modified to account for the size of the resident copy.
       After all records have been read, the free space computed for all file systems is checked. If the space required to install the files would
       cause any file system to be more than 90% full, returns an exit status of -1.

The  utility  uses  to size all subsets before attempting to install them.  The root-path argument is the pathname of the top directory for
       the hierarchy into which the files are going to be installed. If no root-path is specified, the directory '/' is assumed.

Options
       -d     Enable debugging. This will make print voluminous status information on standard output. This information is the initial file system
	      statistics,  the	file  system  location	of  the file from each input record and the statistics for the file system after the space
	      required to install the file has been deducted.

Restrictions
       NFS mounts are ignored. If software would be installed to an NFS mounted directory, it is sized against the file system containing the  NFS
       mount point.

The  program  does  not	detect the use of symbolic links in paths to root-path or any of the mount points. This can cause to size a subset
       incorrectly if root-path is a symbolic link or a symbolic link exists in the path of any of the pathnames used with the	command  to  mount
       local file systems.

Examples
       To determine if a particular subset will fit on the system, redirect the contents of the subset inventory file into For example:
	   fitset < /usr/etc/subsets/ULTUUCP400.inv

To determine if the same subset will fit in a hierarchy rooted at the command would be:
	   fitset /var/tmp/root < /usr/etc/subsets/ULTUUCP400.inv

Diagnostics
       fitset: root path must be absolute
       A relative pathname was specified for root-path.  This path must be absolute.

fitset: cannot stat root-path (error message)
       The root-path cannot be accessed. The error message provides more information.

fitset: root-path is not a directory.
       Either root-path is not a directory or it is a symbolic link to something which is not a directory.

Files
       Subset inventory files

See Also
       stl_inv(5), setld(8)
       Guide to Preparing Software for Distribution on ULTRIX Systems

fitset(8)