Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: any ideas?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting any ideas? Post 302128950 by vino on Friday 27th of July 2007 08:43:01 AM
Old 07-27-2007
Why dont you consider both the timestamps as timestamps since epoch ? In this case, you can get the difference without worrying about the actual date.

If you have GNU date, see the -d flag and the %s option ?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any Ideas?

I have several staging directories on my UNIX server. /usr2/data1 /usr2/data2 /usr2/data3 /usr2/data4 /usr2/data5 /usr2/data6 In these directories a file is transferred from different PC's connected to the network via TCP/IP. The File name is constant for all directories. Transfers... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Docboyeee
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Any Ideas !!!!!!!!!!

Hi, I installed sybase server on a LINUX server. I assigen port 2025 whilst installation for sybase , later i uninstalled sybase and when i try to reinstall sybase and use port 2025 it throw up error saying that it is already in use, use other port number. How can I re-use the same port number... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: suda
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting ideas?

Hi All, How can I script the following logic? Step 1: Check if the file xyz.txt exists under direcotry test and if the size of the file xyz.txt is greater than 32MB. Step 2: If the above conditions are true(file exists and size >32 MB), then step 3, otherwise step 4 (file does not exist or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sueyoung88
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Need ideas what is wrong with v440

Hello everyone, I'm here today looking for help... I have a SunFire v440 running Solaris 9 at work that manages the SCSI tape drives(LTO3) in our L700 tape library (runs SAMFS). I went into work today and found the machine was ping-able but I could not connect to it via SSH and could not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegeek
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail - Any Ideas?

I have solaris 9 and am using sendmail to pickup requests and forward them to a bulk mail server on a different port. Now for the fun...In sendmail, I need to find a way to place a default address in the Mail From: and Rcpt To: or remove them as required - These will be picked up by the bulk mail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikey2003ma
3 Replies

6. UNIX and Linux Applications

Need ideas for graduation project based on unix or linux Need ideas for graduation project based on

Dear all, i am in last year of electronics department in engineering faculty i need suggestions for a graduation project based on unix or free bsd or linux and electronics "embedded linux " i think about embedded unix for example or device drivers please i need helps (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: MOHA-1
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ideas for while loop

idealy, i'd like to do something like this: while read line do echo $line done < $(egrep error /var/log/syslog) but when i do, i get an unexpected response. i.e. cat test: #!/bin/sh while read line do echo $line done < $(egrep error /var/log/syslog) (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help me get some ideas

Hello, I have been given a scripting project, but have not learned any scripting. I need to get some ideas on how to start. Attached is part of the project: I have no idea how to parse the arguments. What I had in mind was to get the arguments ($1, $2, ... ) and have if statements for different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: facepalm
1 Replies
HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5F)													      HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5F)

NAME
etc/shutdown - server shutdown control file DESCRIPTION
If the file etc/shutdown is present it describes when a HylaFAX server is to be shutdown and may contain a descriptive message to return to clients explaining the reason for the shutdown. This file is used by the hfaxd(8C) program. The file has the following format: <year> <month> <day> <hour> <minute> <deny> <disconnect> <shutdown message text> The first line defines the date and time the server should be shutdown and the time preceding at which unprivileged clients should be denied service or disconnected; these fields are described in more detail below. Any lines that follow the first are taken as the text of a message to return to clients when notifying them of a scheduled shutdown or when denying them service. <year> The decimal year; e.g. 1996. <month> The decimal month; e.g. 10 for October. <day> The decimal day of the month in the range [1..31]. <hour> The decimal hour since midnight; in the range [0..23]. <minute> The decimal minute after the hour; in the range [0..59]. <deny> The time prior to the shutdown time at which to deny service to unprivileged clients. This value is specified as decimal number in the form HHMM; e.g. 130 for 1 hour and 30 minutes. <disconnect> Time time prior to the shutdown time at which to disconnect unprivileged clients that are logged in to the server. This value is specified as a decimal number in the form HHMM. NOTES
This file is typically created using the ``SHUT'' command supported by hfaxd(8C). SEE ALSO
hfaxd(8C), hylafax-server(5F) January 18, 1996 HYLAFAX-SHUTDOWN(5F)