Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Smbpasswd
Special Forums Cybersecurity Smbpasswd Post 302128919 by kymthasneem on Friday 27th of July 2007 07:15:02 AM
Old 07-27-2007
This is the output i got
Samba version 3.0.14a-2

Last edited by kymthasneem; 07-27-2007 at 08:22 AM..

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Smbpasswd (command not found) need help..

Dear all I am sorry if the case look's like a newbie case :p but yes .. it is.. hehe.. like U2 songs, now I'm stuck in the moment exactly .. I have been installed solaris ix86 and tried to make samba services. and it's already run until I have config swat, smb.conf for shared directory,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaeedh
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Changing windows xp passwd doetn't change smbpasswd on server

Hi All we have small network which is in work group environment.We have one Samba server for sharing data on network.My Problem is when user change his/her password on windows machine i have to manually update his smb passwd on Samba server.I want password should change automatically on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaibhav.T
2 Replies
VFS_AUDIT(8)						    System Administration tools 					      VFS_AUDIT(8)

NAME
vfs_audit - record selected Samba VFS operations in the system log SYNOPSIS
vfs objects = audit DESCRIPTION
This VFS module is part of the samba(7) suite. The vfs_audit VFS module records selected client operations to the system log using syslog(3). The following Samba VFS operations are recorded: connect disconnect opendir mkdir rmdir open close rename unlink chmod fchmod chmod_acl fchmod_acl This module is stackable. OPTIONS
audit:facility = FACILITY Log messages to the named syslog(3) facility. audit:priority = PRIORITY Log messages with the named syslog(3) priority. EXAMPLES
Log operations on all shares using the LOCAL1 facility and NOTICE priority: [global] vfs objects = audit audit:facility = LOCAL1 audit:priority = NOTICE VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3.0.25 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 VFS_AUDIT(8)