Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Game: Name this person
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Game: Name this person Post 302128848 by reborg on Thursday 26th of July 2007 06:17:36 PM
Old 07-26-2007
This one Smilie ? I forgot to implement it.

Quote:
3. If the person who posted the picture does not answer the guesses for 48 hours, I will award the next turn to someone else, or post a new picture.
Perderabo, go ahead, I'm pretty certain you got that one right, maybe I should change this one to be, "after 48 hours if the guesses are not answered the first person who wishes to may post the next picture"

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Another person that needs Internet help

Ok i have a router, which my sparc 5 is connected to. I can acess the router webpage (192.168.0.1). But I cant access the internet. When i use sys-unconfig i enter my ip address fine then i click none for when it asks me for DNS info because I dont have a domain. I was told i can manually change... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikster007
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

New Person Added to the Forum

Hello, I'm brand new to this forum. I am working on my first Bash shell script. We were given an exercise to get ready for the real assignment. I could use some help. The exercise is to "set two variables (i. e., file1 & file2) on the command line to the paths of the text files. We are to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wcarp05
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to get a login name of a person who used 'su' and act with different user-name?

I need to realize the user login name after he/she used the 'su' command to log under another name (for specific privileges.) I am on SunOS v5.6, and here by now I could not find a way to figured it out. In another Thread I've get an advise from Linux user to use 'ps afxj' that display a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

how do you call a person who assembles computers?

The title says everything. I'm wondering how we call in English the person who builds a computer. I mean instead of buying a branded computer like dell or toshiba, how do you call the guy who assembles computers from pieces of various suppliers. Thanks for your help Santiago (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
8 Replies
9V(9.1) 																   9V(9.1)

NAME
9v, save, flip - copy picture files to and from screen SYNOPSIS
fb/9v [ -mMq ] [ -w x0 y0 x1 y1 ] [ -c cenx ceny ] [ input ] fb/save fb/flip [ -r fps ] [ -p ] p1 p2 ... DESCRIPTION
9v displays its argument picture file (default standard input) in a new window in the middle of an 81/2 screen. In addition to the native picfile(9.6) format, it tries to read images of many foreign encodings. (It guesses which encoding based on the file's name, recognizing suffixes .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .ega, .face, .pcx, .sgi, .tga, .tif, .tiff, .rle, and .xbm. For a program that guesses based on the file's contents, see cvt2pic(9.1).) On an 8-bit display, it loads an 8-bit image's color map if it contains one. Otherwise (if the display is fewer than 8 bits per pixel, or the image is not 8-bit color-mapped) it computes the image's luminance, dithered appropriately for the available grey shades. In the 9v window button 1 displays pixel coordinates and values at the top of the window and button 3 pops up a menu. The fix cmap menu item reloads the color map, in the event that some other program has stepped on it. The exit button exits after confirmation. The -c flag specifies the window's center coordinates, overriding the default. The -w flag specifies the window's minimum and maximum x and y coordinates. Flag -m suppresses default loading the color map of images containing one. -M causes 9v to load an image's color map and exit immediately. -q makes 9v exit on receiving any mouse or keyboard event. Save writes a picture file containing its window (or screen if 81/2 is not running) onto its standard output. Flip displays many picture files in sequence in a loop. The pictures must be the same size, and must fit in memory. The pictures are all loaded into main memory and then sent to the display as required using wrbitmap (see balloc(2)), so the machine running flip can be remote; a CPU server can be used if there are many large frames. The -r option sets the display rate in frames per second. By default flip dis- plays as fast as it can: about 15 frames per second for a small picture on a Magnum. The -p flag causes a one-second pause at the end of the loop. SOURCE
/sys/src/fb/9v.c /sys/src/fb/save.c /sys/src/fb/flip.c BUGS
9v guesses the format of foreign images by looking at the filename, not its contents. SEE ALSO
picfile(9.6) 9V(9.1)