Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux postfix configuration issues...specifically masquerading (lack of ) Post 302128838 by mr_manny on Thursday 26th of July 2007 04:00:14 PM
Old 07-26-2007
postfix configuration issues...specifically masquerading (lack of )

postfix configuration issues...specifically masquerading (lack of )

Mail sent to our intranet arrives correctly (me@domain.com).

Mail sent to our intranet arrives correctly (me@domain.com).

Anything going outside does not, so my tests get rejected (me@hostname.com) Smilie

any assistance am I missing something?
thanks,
manny

main.cf entries:
smtp_generic_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/generic
masquerade_domains = $mydomain

contents of generic file:
me@hostname.com me@domain.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please help with Postfix config issue - How to allow remote Exchange server to relay to my postfix

Hi guys One of our clients have a problem with sending email to a certain domain. No matter what we try, the mails just dont get delivered. What I did then, is created a new connector on their Exchange server, pointing all mail sent to their client at "domain1" to relay to our Postfix mail... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbdevilliers
0 Replies

2. Solaris

issues with Veritas volume manager configuration

hi all i am a newbie to solaris and i am doing some R&D in veritas volume manager. This is my first day with veritas. I downloaded and installed Veritas storage foundation 5.1 package in my sun solaris 5.10 sparc machine. When i try to create disk group in vxvm, it giving one error message. I am... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Errors in postfix configuration on solaris 10

Hi Geeks, I am trying to configure 'postfix' for sending mail only instead of 'sendmail'. I am getting following error when I try to send mail using mailx command. #echo "test" | mailx -s "test mail" <username> -- command executed from server --/var/log/syslog output : Jul 8 12:55:44... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhkadam
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

PostFix configuration

Hello I'm new in this forum so I don't know if this is the correct page for my question. We have a server ,running RedHat 3, with installed Postfix 2.2.11 with Amavis , SpamAssassin and ClamAv. This server is used by several years without problem. Now we have some some problems with... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giorgiocol78
0 Replies

5. Linux

squid + AD configuration issues

Hi, I am new in squid. We need to make our squid users to be authenticated by Windows AD. The squid proxy is installed on SuSE linux. Here are AD related settings: auth_param basic program /usr/sbin/squid_ldap_auth -P -R -v 3 \ -b "dc=mydomain,dc=com" \ -D cn=squid.bind,ou=service... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixlover
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Postfix Configuration:Hostname/Domain Name Doubts

I have a RHEL server where I want to create a mail server so I can send myself alerts whenever X process have problems. Disclaimer: Im a programmer thats been forced to do IT. So I'm trying my best here. The problem: While configuring Postfix it asks for $myhostname which apparently must be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cygwin Errors: Yaml Configuration issues

Hi everyone! Hope all of you will be fine. I am new to this forum. Well, I am trying to configure yaml-0.1.4 in cygwin on Windows 7. I have written the following command: *******/tmp/yaml-0.1.4 $ ./configure --prefix=/usr && make && make install and the following error appeared. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: imdalucky1
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Postfix Configuration

Hi, i have to configure postfix in this mode: - if i receive a mail from a@a.a relay to - if i receive a mail NOT from a@a.a relay the mail to user "test" that is on localhost For the first rule i do this in main.cf: sender_dependent_default_transport_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_check... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: certo85
0 Replies

9. Linux

Apache httpd configuration - Issues with APR

Hi I have tried setting up of Apache http server - httpd-2.4.25. During configuration, I understand it needs APR to be setup. Hence I have downloaded APR & APR-Util. Performed, tar xvfC apr-1.5.2.tar /root/httpd-2.4.25/srclib/apr What is happening is there is another directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: videsh77
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues sending emails using PostFix Mail Server

I'm unable to send email from my Linux server despite SMTP port 25 Active and Listening. # hostname TechX I checked the mail log ( /var/log/maillog ) and found the below error. I'm sharing all the ".cf" files seen in the error log. 1. # more /etc/postfix/main.cf # postfix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies
Agent::Driver::Mail(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Agent::Driver::Mail(3pm)

NAME
Log::Agent::Driver::Mail - email driver for Log::Agent SYNOPSIS
use Log::Agent; require Log::Agent::Driver::Mail; my $driver = Log::Agent::Driver::Mail->make( -to => 'oncall@example.org', -cc => [ qw( noc@example.org admin@example,net ) ], -subject => "ALERT! ALERT!", -mailer => [ 'smtp', Server => 'mail.example.net' ] ); logconfig(-driver => $driver); DESCRIPTION
This driver maps the logxxx() calls to email messages. Each call generates a separate email message. The Mail::Mailer module is required. CONSTRUCTOR
make OPTIONS The OPTIONS argument is a hash with the following keys: -prefix An optional prefix for the message body. -to The destination addresses, may be a scalar containing a valid email address or a reference to an array of addresses. -reply_to The reply-to addresses, may be a scalar containing a valid email address or a reference to an array of addresses. -from The source address, must be a scalar containing a valid email address. -subject The subject line of the email message. -cc The carbon copy addresses, may be a scalar containing a valid email address or a reference to an array of addresses. -bcc The blind carbon copy addresses, may be a scalar containing a valid email address or a reference to an array of addresses. -priority The priority level for the email message. This is NOT related to the logging priority. -mailer A reference to an array containing the optional arguments to Mail::Mailer->new(). Generally, this can be omitted. NOTES
Thanks to Shirley Wang for the idea for this module. AUTHOR
Mark Rogaski <mrogaski@pobox.com> LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2002 Mark Rogaski; all rights reserved. See Log::Agent(3) or the README file included with the distribution for license information. SEE ALSO
Mail::Mailer, Log::Agent::Driver(3), Log::Agent(3). perl v5.10.0 2002-05-12 Agent::Driver::Mail(3pm)