Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sh: Inserting tabs and moving text to 1 line Post 302128694 by 00000008 on Thursday 26th of July 2007 04:58:05 AM
Old 07-26-2007
Computer thanks a mil lorcan

I was having problems with the quotations (bash), so I added the brackets.

Thanks lorcan for your assistance

#!/bin/sh
# <26-07-2007>

LOGDIR=/home/e/files
DIR=/home/e/reports
export LOGDIR DIR

rm $LOGDIR/interfaces.csv 2> /dev/null
rm $LOGDIR/log 2> /dev/null

for FILE in $DIR/D*
{
tmpLine1=`cat $FILE | head -2 | tail -1 | cut -d'"' -f2`
tmpLine2=`cat $FILE | head -6 | tail -1 | cut -d',' -f3,4`
echo $tmpLine1,$tmpLine2 | tr ',' '\t' >> $LOGDIR/interfaces.csv

if [ $? -ne 0 ]

then
echo "$FILE FAILED !!" >> $LOGDIR/log
else
echo "$FILE COMPLETE !!" >> $LOGDIR/log

fi
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print pattern line +2 without tabs or brackets

This works, but its messy. Any suggestions for a elegant solution? :- me@myserver $ head zoneAttachOutfile These packages installed on the source system are inconsistent with this system: SUNWsmbac: version mismatch (11.9.0,REV=2002.03.02.00.35) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: repudi8or
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inserting a text after a certain word in text files

I need insert a text file content in other text file after certain word like insert content of tagfav.txt in all my html files after the <head> tag. Anyone can help me? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ItaloAG
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert Tabs / Indent text

Hi, i need replace the slash (/) with a newline (\n) and a tab (\t). With 'find -type f' in a folder i got this output: ./1999/01/file1 ./1999/01/file2 ./1999/02/file1 ./2000/04/file1 ./2000/04/file2 ./2000/04/file3 ./2000/04/file4 ./2000/06/file1 ./2000/06/file2 ./2000/06/file3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tonda
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem inserting text into file after specific line

this is utterly embarassing :( after posting here i revisited my files and found that when i used "vi" instead of a gui based editor, i suddenly found that the indentations were in fact wrong :( sorry about this :( (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mocca
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Rewriting line with tabs creating problem

Hi I have an input file which have random file in between.I have to manipulate each line and replace the character from position 5-10 with XXXXXX. But when I am writing this to on output file the tabs in between gets converted to normal space. Input file : 14207531131040896334R108 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commenting a specific line and inserting a new line after commented line.

Hello All, I have following file contents cat file #line=aaaaaa #line=bbbbbb #line=cccccc #line=dddddd line=eeeeee #comment=11111 #comment=22222 #comment=33333 #comment=44444 comment=55555 Testing script Good Luck! I would like to comment line line=eeeeee and insert a new line... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: manishdivs
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to remove a line feed depending on number of tabs in a line

Hi! I have been struggling with a large file that has stray end of line characters. I am working on a Mac (Lion). I mention this only because I have been mucking around with fixing my problem using sed, and I have learned far more than I wanted to know about Unix and Mac eol characters. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: user999991
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grab line regardless of if it ends with tabs or spaces

so i have a data file that has various lines which may or may not end with spaces or tabs. data.file: , \t \t {sample} <spaces> <spaaces> several more spaces.... {"resemble"}, <nospaces> Command i'm using: sed -n 8p data.file | egrep "\],$|\],\ $" or egrep "\],$|\],\ $"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] read 'line' issue with leading tabs and virtual line breaks

Heyas I'm trying to read/display a file its content and put borders around it (tui-cat / tui-cat -t(ypwriter). The typewriter-part is a 'bonus' but still has its own flaws, but thats for later. So in some way, i'm trying to rewrite cat using bash and other commands. But sadly it fails on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo a colored text with tabs

I have the line below to echo values with tab between them. The text is also colored, however, some\t does not work. The output of this one below will have the first two \t not working. echo "\033}\t$time\t$end\t$day\t$score\033 This one below will have all the \t working but will also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
4 Replies
APPLE_DUMP(1)							   Netatalk 2.2 						     APPLE_DUMP(1)

NAME
apple_dump - Dump AppleSingle/AppleDouble format file SYNOPSIS
apple_dump [-a] FILE | DIR apple_dump -f FILE apple_dump -d FILE apple_dump -h | -help | --help apple_dump -v | -version | --version DESCRIPTION
apple_dump dump AppleSingle/AppleDouble format file. OPTIONS
-a FILE|DIR This is default. Dump a AppleSingle/AppleDouble file for FILE or DIR automatically. Extrapolate FinderInfo type from absolute path. If FILE is not AppleSingle/AppleDouble format, look for .AppleDouble/FILE and ._FILE. If DIR, look for DIR/.AppleDouble/.Parent and ._DIR. -f FILE Dump FILE. Assume FinderInfo to be FileInfo. -d FILE Dump FILE. Assume FinderInfo to be DirInfo. -h, -help, --help Display the help and exit -v, -version, --version Show version and exit NOTE
There is no way to detect whether FinderInfo is FileInfo or DirInfo. By default, apple_dump examins whether file or directory, a parent directory is .AppleDouble, filename is ._*, filename is .Parent, and so on. If setting option -f or -d, assume FinderInfo and doesn't look for another file. SEE ALSO
ad(1) Netatalk 2.2 02 Sep 2011 APPLE_DUMP(1)