Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming how to create random no between 10 to 40 in C Post 302128058 by useless79 on Saturday 21st of July 2007 12:27:54 PM
Old 07-21-2007
how to create random no between 10 to 40 in C

can any one tell me how to create integer random no between 10 to 40 in C language.When i m using random() or rand() functions they r creting some
long int which is not required

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

How do I create desktop icons for the shell programs I create???

I am a bash shell programmer and I create programs on occasional basis. Now, I dont want my programs to be run by typing out its name at a command line. I want to make it as user friendly as possible. I want to create icons on the desktop so users can click on it. mind you, I said "desktop... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

create a Random passwd

Hello Everyone, I am wondering how to create a Random Password of 8 characters for a user. It has to be run in a script. Also, The user have to be asked to change his/her password the first time they login. I tried using genPass but seems like my system doesn't support that command. For... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bashirpopal
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Random

My problem is as follow and i hope you can help: I currently have this function: stored_word() { number=$RANDOM let "number %= 21" case $number in 0 ) echo "energy" ;; 1 ) echo "touch" ;; 2 ) echo "climbing" ;; 3 ) echo "declare" ;; 4 ) echo "marry" ;; 5 ) echo "relax" ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: keyvan
8 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Boot Problems, random messages [/etc/rcS: /etc/dfs/sharetab: cannot create]

Hello All, I have all of a sudden developed issues with booting up one of my Solaris Servers. Upon a routine reboot, I was faced with the following errors: Feb 1 07:56:44 sco1-au-tci scsi: WARNING: /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd0): Feb 1 07:56:44 sco1-au-tci Error for Command: read(10)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranjtech
9 Replies

5. Ubuntu

expect script for random password and random commands

Hi I am new to expect. Please if any one can help on my issue its really appreciable. here is my issue: I want expect script for random passwords and random commands generation. please can anyone help me? Many Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanid
0 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Create script to add user and create directory

first off let me introduce myself. My name is Eric and I am new to linux, I am taking an advanced linux administration class and we are tasked with creating a script to add new users that anyone can run, has to check for the existence of a directory. if the directory does not exist then it has... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pbhound
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create random number

Hi, I'm trying to create a script that will print random numbers with length of three. Below is the expected out. 928-377-899 942-458-310 951-948-511 962-681-415 995-161-708 997-997-209 thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to generate a file with random data. /dev/[u]random doesn't exist.

Need to use dd to generate a large file from a sample file of random data. This is because I don't have /dev/urandom. I create a named pipe then: dd if=mynamed.fifo do=myfile.fifo bs=1024 count=1024 but when I cat a file to the fifo that's 1024 random bytes: cat randomfile.txt >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create variables to pass into a bash loop to create a download link

I have created one file that contains all the necessary info in it to create a download link. In each of the lines /results/analysis/output/Home/Auto_user_S5-00580-6-Medexome_67_032/plugin_out/FileExporter_out.67... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Create 'n' number random pairwise combination of words

File 1 contains the list of words that needed to be randomly paired: Tiger Cat Fish Frog Dog Mouse Elephant Monkey File 2 contains the pairs that should not be used (in any solution) during random pairing. Elephant-Dog Cat-Fish Monkey-Frog Dog-Elephant, Fish-Cat, Frog-Monkey... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sammy777888
1 Replies
RAND(3) 						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						   RAND(3)

NAME
rand, rand_r, srand, sranddev -- bad random number generator LIBRARY
Standard C Library (libc, -lc) SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> int rand(void); int rand_r(unsigned *seed); void srand(unsigned seed); void sranddev(void); DESCRIPTION
These interfaces are obsoleted by arc4random(3). The rand() function computes a sequence of pseudo-random integers in the range of 0 to RAND_MAX (as defined by the header file <stdlib.h>). The srand() function sets its argument seed as the seed for a new sequence of pseudo-random numbers to be returned by rand(). These sequences are repeatable by calling srand() with the same seed value. If no seed value is provided, the functions are automatically seeded with a value of 1. The sranddev() function initializes a seed, using the random(4) random number device which returns good random numbers. However, the rand() function still remains unsuitable for cryptographic use. The rand_r() function provides the same functionality as rand(). A pointer to the context value seed must be supplied by the caller. SEE ALSO
arc4random(3), random(3), random(4) STANDARDS
The rand() and srand() functions conform to ISO/IEC 9899:1990 (``ISO C90''). The rand_r() function is as proposed in the POSIX.4a Draft #6 document. BSD
May 25, 1999 BSD