Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ensure the file completion ?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ensure the file completion ? Post 302127906 by thambi on Friday 20th of July 2007 03:59:27 AM
Old 07-20-2007

I am sure , the fuser command NOT avaible in my HP.

$ which fuser
no fuser in /usr/bin /usr/bin /usr/ccs/bin /usr/contrib/bin /opt/nettladm/bin /opt/fc/bin /opt/fcms/bin /opt/upgrade/bin /opt/pd/bin /usr/bin/X11 /usr/contrib/bin/X11 /opt/hparray/bin /opt/perf/bin /opt/ignite/bin /opt/resmon/bin /usr/sbin/stm/uut/bin/progs /usr/symcli/bin /usr/local/bin /opt/cobol/bin /opt/OV/bin/OpC /opt/OV/bin /opt/graphics/common/bin /opt/gnome/bin /usr/sbin/diag/contrib /opt/mozilla /opt/wbem/bin /opt/wbem/sbin /opt/mx/bin /opt/perl/bin . /shpepr2/OraD11/Oracle/920/bin
$

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

file name completion

I'ld like to enable file name completion in ksh88 on AIX 5.2. My terminal is set to xterm. I've set the shell editor to emacs and ampped the arrow keys. Is there a way to map the tab key to a command like ESC= or any other file name completion command in emacvs that I may be not aware of since I'm... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ensure FTP is complete before using file

Hi, I have a program that checks a directory for new files. A file may be placed in the directory only via FTP from another system. The files are long, the FTP can take several minutes to complete. my program sences that a file has arrived but can't tell if the FTP process that sent it is... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: GMMike
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

link scripts to file extensions for tab completion

Is there a way to link a script in my ~/bin with file extension priority for tab completion? for example, if the script I have could only look at .tex files, and I have 6 files in the same directory with the same name, but different extensions: index.tex index.dvi index.toc ... etc... it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyramation
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ensure file copy is complete before starting process

Hi experts, I have a requirement wherein a user is uploading a file to the Landing directory on one of our Linux servers. A cron job is scheduled to run after every 5 minutes which will pick up the files from the source (Landing) dir and copy to the target dir, and once successfully copied to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adi_2_chaos
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File name auto completion not working in KSH.Please help

Hi All, I am using SunOS 5.8 verison with KSH shell. My problem is I am not getting auto completion of file name on pressing of TAB or ESC key. While pressing ESC key , '^[' is getting printed . TAB is printing doin nothin but jus printing tab. What should I do to get auto completion of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto completion of file name in KSH.

Hi All, I am using SunOS 5.8 verison with KSH shell. My problem is I am not getting auto completion of file name on pressing of TAB or ESC key. While pressing ESC key , '^[' is getting printed . TAB is printing doin nothin but jus printing tab. What should I do to get auto completion of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sooraj_Linux
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to ensure a script can only be invoked from another?

Hi All, I have two scripts - ScriptA and ScriptB ScriptA has logic to invoke ScriptB : - with some parameter - or without any parameter ScriptB can also be invoked by the user from the command line. Is there anyway to ensure that when I execute ScriptB from the command line, it does... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanya.gvc
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying the file completion

Hi, A script is running for multiple databases so data is also being populated for multiple DBs in a.txt file. I need to rename this file once all the data is populated. Kindly suggest me How can I check once file is populated completely before renaming? Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check the file processed Completion

Hi, I have a wierd requirement where i need to check for a file transfered to my Server and once it is completed i need to start processing my jobs. My server is AIX 6.0 and i want to know is there some way in unix i can keep on checking the file and once it is completed successfully i can... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
5 Replies
cc(1B)						     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands						    cc(1B)

NAME
cc - C compiler SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/cc [options] DESCRIPTION
/usr/ucb/cc is the interface to the BSD Compatibility Package C compiler. It is a script that looks for the link /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc to the C compiler. The /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc link is available only with the SPROcc package, whose default location is /opt/SUNWspro. The /usr/ucb/cc interface is identical to /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc, except that BSD headers are used and BSD libraries are linked before base libraries. The /opt/SUNWspro/man/man1/acc.1 man page is available only with the SPROcc package. OPTIONS
The /usr/ucb/cc interface accepts the same options as /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc, with the following exceptions: -Idir Search dir for included files whose names do not begin with a slash (/) prior to searching the usual directories. The directories for multiple -I options are searched in the order specified. The preprocessor first searches for #include files in the directory containing sourcefile, and then in directories named with -I options (if any), then /usr/ucbinclude, and finally, in /usr/include. -Ldir Add dir to the list of directories searched for libraries by /usr/ccs/bin/ucbcc. This option is passed to /usr/ccs/bin/ld and /usr/lib. Directories specified with this option are searched before /usr/ucblib and /usr/lib. -Y P, dir Change the default directory used for finding libraries. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful compilation or link edit. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/usr/ccs/bin/ld link editor /usr/lib/libc C library /usr/ucbinclude BSD Compatibility directory for header files /usr/ucblib BSD Compatibility directory for libraries /usr/ucblib/libucb BSD Compatibility C library /usr/lib/libsocket library containing socket routines /usr/lib/libnsl library containing network functions /usr/lib/libelf library containing routines to process ELF object files /usr/lib/libaio library containing asynchronous I/O routines ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
ld(1), a.out(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The -Y P, dir option may have unexpected results and should not be used. SunOS 5.10 24 Feb 1998 cc(1B)