Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: posting job adverts...
Contact Us Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems posting job adverts... Post 302127854 by citirecruitment on Thursday 19th of July 2007 10:07:43 PM
Old 07-19-2007
posting job adverts...

Hi,

Would it be frowned upon to post a job advert on these boards?

Many thanks,

Bob
citirecruitment

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

People Posting Job Adds

Neo, this is another job add. from the same guy that posted last week or the week befor. http://unix.com/showthread.php?postid=8430&t=5632#post8430 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus_P
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

killing unix job after the job process completes

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtazv
1 Replies

3. Solaris

killing a unix job after the job process gets completed

Hi, Thanks in advance. i need to kill a unix background running job after that job process completes. i can kill a job by giving the following unix command kill -9 processid how to kill the job after the current process run gets completed ? Appreciate your valuable help. Thanks... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtazv
7 Replies

4. Advertise with Us

Special Discount Rates for Job Posting In Effect

The UNIX and Linux Job Board is a service provided by the The UNIX and Linux Forums to help employers connect with UNIX and Linux professionals. All proceeds from this service go towards supporting the forums. Please PM Neo or email with any questions about this service. Promotion A: $99 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

do mind posting ur salary, location(not detailed), job field, work years here

do mind posting ur salary, location(not detailed), job field, work years here I dont you whether you guys are from different countries...but i guess most of you are from different countries, but all in all, we are acting as an ITer.... I just wanto know more about you never mind:p (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: macroideal
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Start a Job after finding the Old job completed

Hi Experts, I need a script advice to schedule 12 jobs ( SAS Codes execute back ground ). Algorithem: 1. Script checks first job. 2. Finds first job is done; invoke second job. 3. finds second job is done; invoke third job. .. Request you to please assist. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jerald Nathan
3 Replies
stopping(7)						 Miscellaneous Information Manual					       stopping(7)

NAME
stopping - event signalling that a job is stopping SYNOPSIS
stopping JOB=JOB INSTANCE=INSTANCE RESULT=RESULT [PROCESS=PROCESS] [EXIT_STATUS=STATUS] [EXIT_SIGNAL=SIGNAL] [ENV]... DESCRIPTION
The stopping event is generated by the Upstart init(8) daemon when an instance of a job begins stopping. The JOB environment variable con- tains the job name, and the INSTANCE environment variable contains the instance name which will be empty for single-instance jobs. If the job is stopping normally, the RESULT environment variable will be ok, otherwise if the job is stopping because it has failed it will be failed. When the job has failed, the process that failed will be given in the PROCESS environment variable. This may be pre-start, post-start, main, pre-stop or post-stop; it may also be the special value respawn to indicate that the job is stopping because it hit the respawn limit. Finally in the case of a failed job, one of either EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL may be given to indicate the cause of the stop. Either EXIT_STATUS will contain the exit status code of the process, or EXIT_SIGNAL will contain the name of the signal that the process received. The normal exit job configuration stanza can be used to prevent particular exit status values or signals resulting in a failed job, see init(5) for more information. If neither EXIT_STATUS or EXIT_SIGNAL is given for a failed process, it is because the process failed to spawn (for example, file not found). See the system logs for the error. init(8) will wait for all services started by this event to be running, all tasks started by this event to have finished and all jobs stopped by this event to be stopped before allowing the job to continue stopping. This allows jobs to depend on other jobs, safely stopping themselves before their dependency goes away. This event is typically combined with the started(7) event by services. Job configuration files may use the export stanza to export environment variables from their own environment into the stopping event. See init(5) for more details. EXAMPLE
A service that wishes to depend on another service might use: start on started apache stop on stopping apache A task that must be run before another task or service is stopped might use: start on stopping postgresql RESULT=ok SEE ALSO
starting(7) started(7) stopped(7) init(5) Upstart 2009-07-09 stopping(7)