Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers bad interpreter: Permission denied Post 302127833 by porter on Thursday 19th of July 2007 06:09:53 PM
Old 07-19-2007
do

Code:
cd /usr/bin
ls -ld expect

and post what it prints out.

Also, do

Code:
ls -ld /usr/local/bin/expect /usr/local/bin/expect/expect /usr/local/bin/expect/expect/expect

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

/bin/sh: bad interpreter: Permission denied

today i started the LFS book (version 4.0). Basically i am using slackware 9.0 to try and install a new linux completely from source on another partition. Now i took the book's recommendations and created a user called lfs so i wouldn't have to do the stuff as root, and i have got the new LFS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Calum
4 Replies

2. Ubuntu

How to resolve bad interpreter error

Hi, Iam trying to run a gmake command and have the latest version of Gnu in my redhat linux system. I need to execute the following steps; ---> chmod +x utils/* ---> ./utils/AllCodeManagerFix ---> gmake LINUX Iam able to do the chmod command but when I run the second command I get... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - bad interpreter: No such file or directory

Here is a puzzler. To start, let me say that I've done a search on this issue and it is definitely not related to line endings being encoded in windows returns. I get this error when I run SOME perl scripts. I have a script called hello_world.pl. I do $cp hello_world.pl new_hello_world.pl... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjmtaiwan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing expect script giving message as bad interpreter: Permission denied

Hi Gurus, I am new to scripting and needs your help in expect script used for telnet. I wrote a simple script as #!/usr/bin/expect-5.43 -f spawn telnet localhost 2233 expect "password:" send "secret\r" send "i data.cnbc.com\r" send "exit\r" expect eof When I am trying to execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niks_yv
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

bad interpreter: Permission denied

Hi I am running a script: #!bin/bash set -x echo"select * from celldatamap;" || sqlcsv -v -h -s ',' -d MTNSA11G -u datasafe -p datasafe > andrea.csv When I run my script ./tablescript.sh I get the following error: $ ./tablescript.sh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

bad interpreter when running script

Hi All, I'm not confortable in writing script, can someone can help me, when I run that script below i found this error code : -bash: ./script.sh: /bin/sh.: bad interpreter: Here is the script for i in * x=${i##*.} z=$(perl -e 'print time;') t=$(echo $z-$x|bc)... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: bzb23
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad Interpreter

Hi. My name is Caleb (a.k.a RagingNinja) form the whited00r forums. (Whited00r makes custom firmware for iOS devices). I have been learning and creating simple shells scripts. I have been recently using VIM for Windows or using VirtualBox to run the UBUNTU OS within VirtualBox to create my shell... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RagingNinja
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Not able to run any command /lib64/ld-Linux-x86-64.so.2: bad ELF interpreter

Hi, I accidentally did this: wadhwaso@nxsdgd01 deps]$sudo rpm -e --nodeps glibc-2.5-107.x86_64 error: %postun(glibc-2.5-107.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 255 and since then I am not able to run any command on this server except 'cd'. I always get the following error: $ ls... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: stunn3r
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sqlite3: /lib/ld-Linux.so.2: bad ELF interpreter:

Hi all I'm hoping this is just me being a muppet, has anyone come across this problem before? I am writing an application that uses sqlite3 and I have created a database using it - sqlite3 muse.db SQLite version 3.6.20 Enter ".help" for instructions Enter SQL statements terminated with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

-bash: ./p4: /bin/ksh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

I keep getting this error and I am not sure why. -bash: ./p4: /bin/ksh^M: bad interpreter: No such file or directory First I run my makefile and this works fine: goodmain: main.o gcc -o goodmain main.o main.o: main.c gcc -c main.c Then I want to limit my output so I... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
11 Replies
SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile - Maintain the repository configuration versioned. VERSION
version 1.19 SYNOPSIS
This SVN::Hooks plugin allows you to maintain the repository configuration files under version control. The repository configuration is usually kept in the directory "conf" under the directory where the repository was created. In a brand new repository you see there the files "authz", "passwd", and "svnserve.conf". It's too bad that these important files are usually kept out of any version control system. This plugin tries to solve this problem allowing you to keep these files versioned under the same repository where they are used. It's active in the "pre-commit" and the "post-commit" hooks. It's configured by the following directive. UPDATE_CONF_FILE(FROM, TO, @ARGS) This directive tells that after a successful commit the file FROM, kept under version control, must be copied to TO. FROM can be a string or a qr/Regexp/ specifying the file path relative to the repository's root (e.g. "trunk/src/version.c" or "qr:^conf/(w+).conf$:"). TO is a path relative to the "/repo/conf" directory in the server. It can be an explicit file name or a directory, in which case the basename of FROM is used as the name of the destination file. If FROM is a qr/Regexp/, TO is evaluated as a string in order to allow for the interpolation of capture buffers from the regular expression. This is useful to map the copy operation to a diferent directory structure. For example, this configuration "qr:^conf/(w+).conf$: => '$1.conf'" updates any .conf file in the repository conf directory. The optional @ARGS must be a sequence of pairs like these: validator => ARRAY or CODE A validator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will check the contents of FROM in the pre-commit hook to see if it's valid. If there is no validator, the contents are considered valid. The function receives three arguments: A string with the contents of FROM A string with the relative path to FROM in the repository An SVN::Look object representing the commit transaction The command is called with three arguments: The path to a temporary copy of FROM The relative path to FROM in the repository The path to the root of the repository in the server generator => ARRAY or CODE A generator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will transform the contents of FROM in the post-commit hook before copying it to TO. If there is no generator, the contents are copied as is. The function receives the same three arguments as the validator's function above. The command is called with the same three arguments as the validator's command above. actuator => ARRAY or CODE An actuator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will be invoked after a successful commit of FROM in the post-commit hook. The function receives the same three arguments as the validator's function above. The command is called with the same three arguments as the validator's command above. rotate => NUMBER By default, after each successful commit the TO file is overwriten by the new contents of FROM. With this option, the last NUMBER versions of TO are kept on disk with numeric suffixes ranging from .0 to ".NUMBER-1". This can be useful, for instance, in case you manage to commit a wrong authz file that denies any subsequent commit. UPDATE_CONF_FILE( 'conf/authz' => 'authz', validator => ['/usr/local/bin/svnauthcheck'], generator => ['/usr/local/bin/authz-expand-includes'], actuator => ['/usr/local/bin/notify-auth-change'], rotate => 2, ); UPDATE_CONF_FILE( 'conf/svn-hooks.conf' => 'svn-hooks.conf', validator => [qw(/usr/bin/perl -c)], actuator => sub { my ($contents, $file) = @_; die "Can't use Gustavo here." if $contents =~ /gustavo/; }, rotate => 2, ); UPDATE_CONF_FILE( qr:/file( +)$:' => 'subdir/$1/file', rotate => 2, ); AUTHOR
Gustavo L. de M. Chaves <gnustavo@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by CPqD. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-24 SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm)