Sponsored Content
Special Forums News, Links, Events and Announcements UNIX and Linux RSS News $10000 Challenge to Hackers - Dr. Dobb's Journal Post 302127791 by Linux Bot on Thursday 19th of July 2007 01:40:06 PM
Old 07-19-2007
$10000 Challenge to Hackers - Dr. Dobb's Journal

$10000 Challenge to Hackers
Dr. Dobb's Journal, CA - 26 minutes ago
The protected network to be attacked consists of a mixed environment of UNIX, Linux, and Windows servers and client machines with known vulnerabilities and ...

More...

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun E 10000 scripted shutdown

Howdy all. I am trying to configure a command file to be executed from a Sparc station to an E10000 to shut down at the same time. I do not have the hardware in which to actively test the script, but I do need some guidance, and Sun's documention on the E10000 leaves alot to be desired. Here... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redfoot
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Hackers!!!!!

:o :oIve heard that there are some security issues with Unix/Linux.....im running SuSE 8.0 and i was wondering if anyone could help me out by hookin me up with some nice security programs or loopholes i can fix....thanx...p3ace:o :o And the sky opened...and it rained shit. - Anonymous (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: R34P3R
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Paranoid about hackers

Hi all I noted something strange on my server. The get mesages on my terminal even when I am not logged on. What does this mean? I don;t remember the excact message but it looked like messages from my /var/log/messages. "Can't locate mod probe!" or something like that. I am trying to get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
4 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

ext3: No journal on filesystem on dm-0

Hi Linuxers, I am a newbie here and loggin this facilities regularly. Recently my PC experience a power trip, my system could not boot up after restarting. I did the following : - Boot up with "linux rescue" using installation disk FC3 - In a shell, run "lvm vgchange... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chowkimhan
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any hackers? i need someones help

to get into an telephone account online :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jackie8
4 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

on how to protect your website against hackers

Hi! Looking for some feed back on this tutorial... Thank you for checking out this thread. I'm working on some killer videos right now that will explain in detail how you can protect your website against hackers. The first part of the video series is live right now and it covers Cross-Site... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arne1983
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge files into groups of 10000

Hi Guys, First post! I've seen a few options but dont know the most efficient: I have a directory with a 150,000+ text files in it I want to merge them into files contain 10,000 files with a carriage return in between. Thanks P The following is an example but doesnt limit the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: peh
2 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences exist compared to the "URI" class interface: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclass of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs. o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path: same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc: same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery: same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components: same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters) o $url->params and $url->eparams methods o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag: same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords: same as $uri->query_keywords o $url->localpath and friends map to $uri->file. o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr: same as $uri->to for mailto URI o $url->groupart method for news URI o $url->article: same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.18.2 2012-02-11 URI::URL(3)