Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? What Types of Food Do You Like The Most? Post 302127787 by Perderabo on Thursday 19th of July 2007 01:22:34 PM
Old 07-19-2007
While I'm not a vegan, I mostly eat fresh fruits and vegtables. I do this in large part because it is very fast. The longest time I spend is microwaving a potato... 9 minutes with my method. So I picked "fast food". I always have a hard time with polls. Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

associated file types

I have a file of type .for extension .In a guui based unix environment like solaris if I double click on that file a specific program designed by me has to run which takes this file as the parameter and exceutes the program. Can anyone help me? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhk_srd
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Two types of pipes?

What is the difference between: cd /tmp tar -cf - *.txt |gzip > tmp_txt.tar.gz and cd /tmp mknod pipe p gzip < pipe > /tmp/tmp_txt1.tar.gz & tar -cf pipe *.txt Apart from the fact that we have to create the pipe file manually, is there any difference in the performance of the two?... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blowtorch
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mime types

Hi, I am trying to launch an ogg movie from a pdf file which has been produced with pdflatex and \movie {\centerline{\includegraphics {grafiques_xerrades/un_manolo_amb_camera.pdf}}} {hlims_xerrades/XocCumuls.ogg} The switch "externalviewer" makes kpdf launch the default... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pau
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Un-compression types...

Hi Folks, As I am familiar wih both types compresion forms: gun-zip and .rpm. My questions is how do I uncompress gunz.zip type? As the .rpm I can double click and it will extract...Can someone shed some light on this and thank you... M (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mombo_Z
2 Replies

5. Programming

enumeration types in C

If I want to declare an array of structures in C and have the number of items in that array to correspond to the items of an enumeration, is there a way to access the maximum value in the enumeration when declaring the array? For instance: typedef struct { various fields.... } ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleopard
3 Replies

6. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with using different types of GREP

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Hey there, I'm brand new to using Unix as I just started a course on it in my University, and I currently working through a worksheet which focuses on the many commands and methods of GREP (I'm working through the terminal command... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SilvarHawke
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp -r except certain file types

the following excludes certain directories successfully cp -r probe/!(dir) /destination I want to exclude certain file types and tried unsuccessfully cp -r probe/!(*.avi) /destination (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmf
2 Replies
ARSORT(3)								 1								 ARSORT(3)

arsort - Sort an array in reverse order and maintain index association

SYNOPSIS
bool arsort (array &$array, [int $sort_flags = SORT_REGULAR]) DESCRIPTION
This function sorts an array such that array indices maintain their correlation with the array elements they are associated with. This is used mainly when sorting associative arrays where the actual element order is significant. PARAMETERS
o $array - The input array. o $sort_flags - You may modify the behavior of the sort using the optional parameter $sort_flags, for details see sort(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 arsort(3) example <?php $fruits = array("d" => "lemon", "a" => "orange", "b" => "banana", "c" => "apple"); arsort($fruits); foreach ($fruits as $key => $val) { echo "$key = $val "; } ?> The above example will output: a = orange d = lemon b = banana c = apple The fruits have been sorted in reverse alphabetical order, and the index associated with each element has been maintained. SEE ALSO
asort(3), The comparison of array sorting functions. PHP Documentation Group ARSORT(3)