Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers problem when the script is scheduled to run as cron job Post 302127770 by forumthreads on Thursday 19th of July 2007 12:27:44 PM
Old 07-19-2007
matrixmadhan,

Thanks for your help. Can you please tell me what would be the knock on effect of sourcing a .profile file

At the moment I am using my sqlplus as

sqlplus intermediate/intermediate @/apps/scripts/scm_tools/validset/tstcm_product/software_product/spvs "%"

Let me know if i am not using the full path as told by you.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Run cron job problem

I have the below crontab job that it will run at every 7:00am - 10:00am , it work fine , now if I want to skip to run the crontab job at a specific time , eg. I want the script not to run at next Monday 8:00am ( only skip this time , other time is normal ) , how can I make it ? is it possible ?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional File Movement script scheduled using CRON job

Hi All, i am trying to automate a process and have to create a unix script like wise. I have a scenario in which i need to automate a file movement. Below are the steps i need to automate. 1. Check whether a file (Not Fixed name-Pattern search of file say 'E*.dat') is present in a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: imu
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script run by user or cron job ?

My shell script runs fine both as a cron job and when i issue it. However, I wish to differentiate when it runs as a cron-job so the "echo" statements are not issued (they get mailed to me, which i don't want). I tried checking $USER but since the cron was created in my user that does not... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sentinel
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

script wont run from cron job

I have written a simple bash script that will run a wget command to recursively ftp an entire directories and it's contents. #!/bin/bash wget -r -N ftp://user:pass@server//VOL1/dir If I run from the regular command line it works fine. root@BUSRV: /media/backup1$ ./gwbu When I put it in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mgmcelwee
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help with a script run by a cron job.

Hi, new to this forum and not sure if this is the right place to post. I'm new to cron jobs and scripts, and I need some help with a script to be used with a cron job. I already have a bot set up at a certain website address and need a script that the cron job will load every day that tells it to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: klawless
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Shell Script gives error when run through cron job.

Hi, The following shell script runs without any problem when executed manulally. USED=$(df -h /arch | tail -1 | awk '{print $5}' | cut -d '%' -f 1) if then find /arch/AUBUAT/ -type f -mtime +0 | xargs rm find /arch/AUBMIG/ -type f -mtime +0 | xargs rm fi But the same gives below... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksadiq79
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do I run bash script using cron job

How do I run bash script using a cron job? I have tried to just write the path of the script, but that didn't work. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: locoroco
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

run unix script as scheduled job

Hi, I want my unix script to run as a scheduled job such that the script is invoked once every 15 minutes. Is there any way to achieve this other than running the script as a cron job? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vignesh53
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that will send an email if the cron job did not run.

Team, Would like to know what is the best script that will send you an email if cronjob did not run. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron job scheduled is running once, but reports are generating twice

Team, Hope you all are doing fine I have one admin server which is being used dedicately to run cron jobs on hourly basis, fetching the details from Database which is in a different server.These cronjob are run on every hourly/5 minutes basis depending as per end user requirement.The script... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
12 Replies
Launch(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation						 Launch(3)

NAME
Mac::Apps::Launch - Mac module to launch /quit applications SYNOPSIS
use Mac::Apps::Launch; my @apps = qw(R*ch Arch MPGP); my $path = "HD:System Folder:Finder"; LaunchApps([@apps], 1) or warn $^E; # launch and switch to front LaunchApps([@apps]) or warn $^E; # launch and don't switch LaunchApps($app, 1) or warn $^E; # launch and switch to front LaunchSpecs($path, 1) or warn $^E; # use path instead of app ID QuitApps(@apps) or warn $^E; # quit all @apps QuitAllApps(@apps) or warn $^E; # quit all except @apps IsRunning('MACS'); # returns boolean for whether # given app ID is running SetFront('MACS') or warn $^E; # set Finder to front Hide('MACS') or warn $^E; # hide Finder Show('Finder', 1) or warn $^E; # show Finder (1 == use name) DESCRIPTION
Simply launch or quit applications by their creator ID. The Finder can be quit in this way, though it cannot be launched in this way. This module is used by many other modules. This module as written does not work with MacPerls prior to 5.1.4r4. "Hide" and "Show" do not currently work on Mac OS X. Apps that don't have signatures under Mac OS X currently aren't handled, except with LaunchSpecs(). "SetFront" and "IsRunning" can take a four-char creator ID ('MACS'), a bundle ID ('com.apple.Finder'), or a path (/System/Library/CoreServices/Finder.app). They both optionally take a second parameter which affirms that the data is indeed a path (for those rare cases where a path might possibly look like a creator ID or bundle ID ... you never know). "IsRunning" will return the PSN of the application if it is running, which you can then use for targetting the app, or converting to a PID (with "Mac::Processes::GetProcessPID()"), to send signals to it. EXPORT
Exports functions "QuitApps", "QuitAllApps", and "LaunchApps", "IsRunning", "LaunchSpecs", "SetFront", "Hide", "Show". AUTHOR
Chris Nandor <pudge@pobox.com>, http://pudge.net/ Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Chris Nandor. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2007-01-03 Launch(3)