Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX new IBM pseries and new disks Post 302127746 by The Doctor on Thursday 19th of July 2007 10:44:15 AM
Old 07-19-2007
Well the "extendvg" should of worked so something else is amiss in the system you're working on.

You can try the following:
Code:
rmdev -d -l hdisk0   # remove old hdisk definition
rmdev -d -l hdisk1   # remove old hdisk definition
rmdev -d -l hdisk2   # remove old hdisk definition
cfgmgr               # re-builds the definitions for any new found devices 
lspv                 # verify the hdisks are back

If the hdisks are back ok, then re-do the command --> extendvg rootvg hdisk0.

If it still fails something else is hosed. Look at the errlog (command is --> errpt), it should give a clue. If not, then I'd suggest getting IBM support on the phone and work thru it with them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Horribly old stuff: SMS disks for IBM PC 850?

Hi. I'm trying to reinstall AIX 4.3.3 (ML9) on an IBM PC 850 PowerPC machine but I have trouble getting an SMS diskette that will let me set the CD as bootable. The SMS diskette I have is 1.26 and it either crashes or lists Hard Disk 0 some 20 + times (and nothing else) on the screen you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundh
2 Replies

2. High Performance Computing

IBM Scheduler for High Throughput Computing on IBM Blue Gene P

A lightweight scheduler that supports high-throughput computing (HTC) applications on Blue Gene/P. (NEW: 06/12/2008 in grid) More... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

3. Red Hat

IBM RAID disks

We have a Red Hat linux server running on IBM x445 hardware. There are external disks in an IBM EXP300 disk enclosure. The system is running RAID 5. One of the four IBM disks (73.4 GB 10k FRU 06P5760) has become faulty. The system is still up and running OK because of the RAID. In that same EXP300... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdudley
3 Replies

4. Linux

Why does they use Linux on IBM pSeries

Anyone can help me answer the question. Why does they use Linux on IBM pSeries not AIX. I can't understand why, cause AIX is the best supporting from IBM pSeries. Tks you. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: quan0509
3 Replies

5. AIX

IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz

Hi , I am planing to buy IBM pSeries Power5 9111-285 1,9 GHz but I am confused with few things. I would be happy if you could clear it up for me ? 1.Do I have to buy some license in order to create Lpars ? 2.Do I have to buy some license in order to use HMC , micro - partiocioning , VIOS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phobus
4 Replies

6. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

7. AIX

IBM Power Pseries Open Firmware boot / VIOS POWERVM VET CODE

Hello, I installed PowerVM IVM Virtual I/O on P-550 but later found out that the machine isn't activated for CoD VET code for virtualization. So when booted , it goes into OPEN Firmware I/O Hosting requires a hosting partition boot not permitted exit called > ok Panel shows > IO... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies

8. AIX

IBM's pSeries 570 vs a 520 vs 550

Hidey Ho Folks, Looking to buy a pServer for playing around with the IBM side of things. Looked around for a bit and notice that there is a significant price gap for the used 570's (Single Units) vs the 520's and 550's that folks are selling. Curious what to watch out for in either case? And... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devyn
6 Replies

9. AIX

IBM Virtual Machine OS on intel x86 and x64? IBM AIX OS on IBM Virtual Machine?

Hi There, I have zero information and zero knowledge for IBM virtual machine except Amazon cloud and VMware ESXi (Only Linux OS available). Anyone could provide me the following answer - Can IBM VM been deploy on X86 and X64 (Intel Chip)? If answer is yes any chance to deploy AIX OS... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenyung
13 Replies

10. AIX

IBM AIX console pseries

Hi, when I boot I get an E1DC error code. I've looked it up and it says that this error occurs during the firmware check. But the error is called "Dynamic Console Selection" . 1- Machine stopped at LCD led display = E1DC = CA00E1DC E1DC Dynamic console selection. (maybe cable or keyboard)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
3 Replies
sfe(7D) 							      Devices								   sfe(7D)

NAME
sfe - SiS900 series Fast Ethernet device driver SYNOPSIS
/dev/sfe DESCRIPTION
The sfe driver is a loadable, clonable, GLD-based STREAMS driver supporting the Data Link Provider Interface dlpi(7P) on Silicon Inte- grated Systems 900 series Fast Ethernet controllers. APPLICATION PROGRAMMING INTERFACE
The relevant fields returned as part of a DL_INFO_ACK response are: o Maximum SDU is 1500. o Minimum SDU is 0. o The dlsap address length is 8. o MAC type is DL_ETHER. o SAP length is -2. The 6-byte physical address is followed immediately by a 2-byte SAP. o Service mode is DL_CLDLS. o Broadcast address is the 6-byte Ethernet broadcast address (ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff). If the SAP provided is zero, then IEEE 802.3 mode is assumed and outbound frames will have the frame payload length written into the type field. Likewise, inbound frames with a SAP between zero and 1500 are interpreted as IEEE 802.3 frames and delivered to any streams that are bound to SAP zero (the 802.3 SAP). PROPERTIES
The following properties may be configured using either ndd(1M) or the sfe.conf configuration file as described by driver.conf(4): adv_100fdx_cap Enables the 100 Base TX full-duplex link option. (This is generally the fastest mode if both link partners support it. Most modern equipment supports this mode.) adv_100hdx_cap Enables the 100 Base TX half-duplex link option. (Typically used when the link partner is a 100 Mbps hub.) adv_10fdx_cap Enables the 10 Base-T full-duplex link option. (This less-frequently used mode is typically used when the link partner is a 10 Mbps switch.) adv_10hdx_cap Enables the 10 Base-T half-duplex link option. (This is the fall-back when no other option is available. It is typically used when the link partner is a 10 Mbps hub or is an older network card.) ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for a description of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SPARC, x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Committed | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ FILES
/dev/sfe Special character device. /kernel/drv/sfe 32-bit driver binary (x86). /kernel/drv/amd64/sfe 64-bit driver binary (x86). /kernel/drv/sparcv9/sfe 64-bit driver binary (SPARC). /kernel/drv/sfe.conf Configuration file. SEE ALSO
ndd(1M), driver.conf(4), attributes(5), streamio(7I), dlpi(7P) IEEE 802.3 -- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, 2002 SunOS 5.11 12 Dec 2007 sfe(7D)