Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming kernel values related to mmap Post 302127601 by Perderabo on Wednesday 18th of July 2007 06:21:30 PM
Old 07-18-2007
A place to start would be the HP-UX mmap man page It has a very different description of the meaning of ENOMEM than the one you mention. In fact it says the meaning depends on the setting of MAP_FIXED and you didn't mention whether or not that is set.

Also you should check for OS patches that might affect mmap.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing Values in the Kernel

I'm getting fork failed errors. I was told I needed to upgrade my swap space but also need to change some values for some parameters in the kernel and add 2 new parameters. I not sure of the correct way of doing this. Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dman110168
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel parameter values

Hi All Need to find kernel parameter values of our UNIX box. /filesys1/tmp>uname -a HP-UX hps1_dc B.11.11 U 9000/800 1681349356 unlimited-user license /filesys1/CDBLprodrun/tmp> Can anyone help me with the cmd to find kernel parameter values? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mhbd
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove matched values and their related groups

For each value in file1 it has to check in file2 and file3. If value matched it has to delete that value and related group value in file2 and file3. In this example it takes A , deletes A and take related group value 1 and deletes E-1,then checks in file3 and deletes K-1.After that it takes D... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanagaraj
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

5. Solaris

check the utilization of kernel values ?

Any native Solaris commands/scripts to check the utilization of kernel tables/limits in Solaris ? (like equivalent command in HPUX is kcusage) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thamurali
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mmap()

how to use mmap() to map a file to memory space. Do you have any simple program???? Because I have to implement lot of concepts into it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gokult
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help related to Script to move files depending on config values

Hi All, I am new to Unix scripting, I have requirement where I need to read the key value pair from config file. Sample Config file: Key(File Pattern) Value(File Directory location) test /Users/Bkumar/Downloads/testdir prod ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbpkumar7
1 Replies

8. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

mmap

I want to know whether this is possile or ever been tried out. I want to obtain a chuck of memory using mmap() I do it so : n = mmap(0, 8000, PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE, MAP_PRIVATE|MAP_ANONYMOUS, -1, 0); And hold on to that memory, when a process requests for memory, some memory is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xerox
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

need downloading related help...but its not related to unix

Hi All, I am trying to dowmload the zip file "zkManageCustomers.zip " but i dont have access. Can anyone help me to download this file See the below link- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/wa-aj-open/index.html?ca=drs- Please help me as early as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aish11
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I list kernel module parameter values?

Hi, I have problem with parameter configuration. My question is after the configuration, how to check if successfully change the value or not? I saw someone has the same question, and followed his steps. Original thread:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: skybb
3 Replies
MMAP2(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  MMAP2(2)

NAME
mmap2 - map files or devices into memory SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/mman.h> void *mmap2(void *addr, size_t length, int prot, int flags, int fd, off_t pgoffset); DESCRIPTION
This is probably not the system call you are interested; instead, see mmap(2), which describes the glibc wrapper function that invokes this system call. The mmap2() system call provides the same interface as mmap(2), except that the final argument specifies the offset into the file in 4096-byte units (instead of bytes, as is done by mmap(2)). This enables applications that use a 32-bit off_t to map large files (up to 2^44 bytes). RETURN VALUE
On success, mmap2() returns a pointer to the mapped area. On error -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EFAULT Problem with getting the data from user space. EINVAL (Various platforms where the page size is not 4096 bytes.) offset * 4096 is not a multiple of the system page size. mmap2() can also return any of the errors described in mmap(2). VERSIONS
mmap2() is available since Linux 2.3.31. CONFORMING TO
This system call is Linux-specific. NOTES
Nowadays, the glibc mmap() wrapper function invokes this system call rather than the mmap(2) system call. On ia64, the unit for offset is actually the system page size, rather than 4096 bytes. SEE ALSO
getpagesize(2), mmap(2), mremap(2), msync(2), shm_open(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2012-04-16 MMAP2(2)