Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: TCL in Linux
Operating Systems Linux TCL in Linux Post 302127481 by rvan on Wednesday 18th of July 2007 07:17:09 AM
Old 07-18-2007
Hi,

I used the same command "rpm -qa| grep -i tcl" and it returned tcl-8.4.9-3
so TCL is installed..
Am trying to link the tcl library and include the tcl header files in the make file..
but i couldn't find the tcl lib in /lib folder..
could anybody help me in this.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL/TK - Help Guys

Hi Folks, I would like to know something abt TCL/TK. For those who dont know the expansion of it...here it goes TCL - Tool Command Language and TK - Tool Kit.. It can be used to write shell scripts, application programs using TCL and gui applns using TK. For unix, we write tclsh shell... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nisha
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

TK/TCL Help

can someone tell my why the puts is not reflecting the variable? CUT --> set fp while {-1 != } { button .a${line} -text "${line} " -width 20 -command { puts $line } pack .a${line} } (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxrox
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Tcl...

Hello Tcl Experts, set i 0 while { $i < 10 } { puts "$i" incr i } I am trying to print the value of "i" at the same place. i.e. it should first print "1", then in next iteration print "2" over the location of "1" and so on.... (i.e. in every iteration, delete the previous number and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitgarg
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

TCL, how to

Does any one know how to capture the output of command called from a TCL script? I cannot figure this out. I've been working on it for 4 hours now :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lorna
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need your help - tcl

Hello, Can someone explaine me the meaning of this program: #! /usr/bin/tclsh set mctal set a set b set c set d set e while {! line cell]} { } while {! line]} { } while {! line cell]} { } while {! line]} { } (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jolecanard
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Please help me in tcl/tk

i am new one to tcl/tk OTP-ARB:/home/ponmuthu/tcl=>/usr/bin/tclsh tclsh tclsh8.4 OTP-ARB:/home/ponmuthu/tcl=>/usr/bin/tclsh % wish Application initialization failed: no display name and no $DISPLAY environment variable when i give like that i am getting error Application... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to install expect after installing tcl on Redhat Linux

Hi, I have install tcl and then expect but I am getting below ouput while trying which expect which expect /usr/bin/which: no expect in (/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/root/bin) I have copied both in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manish_1678
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

help in tcl...

how can i make a list with the n last files and their details in tcl?.. thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eee
0 Replies

9. Programming

TCL/TK packing

I have a program started on a 640x480 canvas with button/labels down the left side. I want to put a circle in the middle but am drawing a blank whether to add it after the left buttons or to wait until I can add more buttons/labels on the right because I can't remember how to get such packed on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: slak0
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for an alternative to Tcl

I've created quite a collection of tcl scripts which have buttons, radio buttons, check boxes, text fields, etc. These tcl scripts in turn call and execute several hundred sh, csh, bash, perl scripts and pass in the args based on the gui selections on the same and other redhat machines. We're... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: scottwevans
4 Replies
CTRLALTDEL(8)						     Linux Programmer's Manual						     CTRLALTDEL(8)

NAME
ctrlaltdel - set the function of the Ctrl-Alt-Del combination SYNOPSIS
ctrlaltdel hard|soft DESCRIPTION
Based on examination of the linux/kernel/sys.c code, it is clear that there are two supported functions that the Ctrl-Alt-Del sequence can perform: a hard reset, which immediately reboots the computer without calling sync(2) and without any other preparation; and a soft reset, which sends the SIGINT (interrupt) signal to the init process (this is always the process with PID 1). If this option is used, the init(8) program must support this feature. Since there are now several init(8) programs in the Linux community, please consult the documentation for the version that you are currently using. ctrlaltdel is usually used in the /etc/rc.local file. FILES
/etc/rc.local SEE ALSO
simpleinit(8), init(8) AUTHOR
Peter Orbaek (poe@daimi.aau.dk) AVAILABILITY
The ctrlaltdel command is part of the util-linux-ng package and is available from ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/util-linux-ng/. Linux 1.2 25 October 1993 CTRLALTDEL(8)