Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Command to find last time file was opened Post 302127446 by matrixmadhan on Wednesday 18th of July 2007 04:17:44 AM
Old 07-18-2007
one reminder

if the file system is mounted with no atime option for performance reasons, access time will not be updated then.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

same file being opened by two users at a time

I want to avoid a situation where because two users simultaneously open a file and modify and save, leaving the original file in mess. Is there a way in UNIX to warn a user if that particular file is already being used by another user. Thanks in advance (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: paresh n doshi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To find the time of excution of a particular unix command

Hi experts, It would be grateful if you can guide me on the following, 1.How to find the time of excution of a particular unix command. 2. How to find the terminal (IP Address) from where that particular unix command was excuted. 3. How to find the user who executed that particular unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: apsprabhu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to display what processes, users have opened at a given time

Hello, What i have to do is make a top 10 list of users sorted by the number of processes opened at a given time. Can anyone help me with finding out for a given moment, for all users how many processes each had opened? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabibyte
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find process through file opened

Hello all, I have a file that is growing and growing by the action of any process. How can I find what process is? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: albertogarcia
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find who opened/modified a file last

Hi *, I'm wondering if it possible to know WHO opened or modified a file last? I know it's possible with some options of find and also ls to get when the file was modified last. I'm currently supervising a file and have to log all users name who opened or modified it. Thanx a lot for any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jabarod
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with cp command when destination file is opened

I am writing a shell script (runs on HP Unix) which copies files from a source directory to another destination daily. The destination directory always have the files with same name as in the source directory. And daily a new file will be created in the source. cp command works fine if the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_ms
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Time Zone and find command

I need some help trying to figure this out. I have written a bash script that uses gnu find command every minute to check any incoming/outgoing files and then take appropriate action. Everything works fine if we are in the US time zone but as soon as China and Europe time-zone come in my script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maunir
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

File exists, but cannot be opened.How to check- whether it could be opened to read when it exists

Hi #Testing for file existence if ; then echo 'SCHOOL data is available for processing' else echo 'SCHOOL DATA IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR PROCESSING' : i wrote a script, where it begins by checking if file exists or not. If it exists, it truncates the database... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rxg
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Find command output gives one day before time stamp

Hi All, I am listing the files which are 4 hours older. For this first I have creted a dummy file with the 4 hours before timestamp, then I am using the below find command, find /path/ -type f ! -newer 4_hours_oledr_file -exec ls -lrt {} \; I am getting the files which are older than... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: velava
13 Replies

10. AIX

Getting files through find command and listing file modification time upto seconds

I have to list the files of particular directory using file filter like find -name abc* something and if multiple file exist I also want time of each file up to seconds. Currently we are getting time up to minutes in AIX is there any way I can get file last modification time up to seconds. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nitesh sahu
4 Replies
face(1) 							   User Commands							   face(1)

NAME
face - executable for the Framed Access Command Environment Interface SYNOPSIS
face [-i init_file] [-c command_file] [-a alias_file] [filename...] DESCRIPTION
The Framed Access Command Environment Interface (FACE) presents your files and file folders on the screen through a system of menus and forms if you are properly set up as a FACE user. filename must follow the naming convention Menu.xxx for a menu, Form.xxx for a form, and Text.xxx for a text file, where xxx is any string that conforms to the UNIX system file naming conventions. The Form and Menu Language Interpreter (FMLI) descriptor lifetime will be ignored for all frames opened by argument to face. These frames have a lifetime of immortal by default. If filename is not specified on the command line, the FACE Menu will be opened along with those objects specified by the LOGINWIN environment variables. These variables are found in the user's .environ file. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -a alias_file Alias file -c command_file Command file -i init_file Initial file OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: filename The full pathname of the file describing the object to be opened initially. EXIT STATUS
The face command will return a non-zero exit value if the user is not properly set up as a FACE user. FILES
$HOME/pref/.environ ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWfac | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
env(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 face(1)