Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Counting up a variable
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Counting up a variable Post 302127327 by Kenada on Tuesday 17th of July 2007 09:18:17 AM
Old 07-17-2007
Counting up a variable

Hello,

I am trying to write a shell script, but i encountered a problem I cant solve alone so I hope you guys can help me. The situation is:

I have a script file and a config file, in my config file I set some Variables:
for example:
destination=(xp, xq, xt)
username=testor
password=testian
file1=html/de/sa_logs.php
file2=html/fr/frappi

the amount of files can go between 1 and xy.

Now the part of the scriptfile i have problems with:
i=1
b=1
while [ $i -le ${#destination[*]} ]
do
echo i ist $i
i=`expr $i + 1`
while [ $b -le ${lineCount} ]
do
t=${file$b} <<-- Here it should get me html/de/sa_logs.php for the first run (b=1) and html/fr/frappi for the second run (b=2)
temp=$t
path=${sourcepath}${temp}
echo ${path}
b=`expr $b + 1`
done
b=1
done
What i need to do is combine file and $b so that the scrip still knows i am talking about the file1, file2,file3,filexy variables and not just some text. No Idea how I can do that. Sorry for my english it isnt my native language.

Hope you can help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting string of a variable

Hi, There is a variable f_name, it store some file names. Value of f_name=a.sql b.sql c.sql....... like this. want to count how many file name the var f_name stores. Without using loop is there any command to count that. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dip
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help with counting of files then pass number to variable

hi all, i'm trying to pass a count of files to a variable thru these set of codes: sh_count=$(ls -1 fnd_upload_LV*.* |wc -l) problem is if no files matches that, it will give an error "ls: fnd_upload_LV*.*: No such file or directory". how do i avoid having the shell script show that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adshocker
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting number of commas(,) in a variable

Hi all, I am having problems counting commas (,) from a variable in shell scripting.. the variable contains similiar to: ID@NAME@DESCRIPTION,ID@NAME@DESCRIPTION, ..... It can go on and on.. So i need to count the number of sets i.e.( ID@NAME@DESCRIPTION is one set) and process the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: faelric
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting

Hi, I want to count how many rows are in a file for a specific column. eg. K NM K NM K NM K JK K NM K JK K NM so the file is tab-delimited. I want to count how many rows are in column 2 and how many NMs there are. I used awk awk '{OFS="\t"}; {count++} {print i,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting

Hi, The following output shows how many pmon process are started by users named : oracle or yoavb $ ps -ef |grep pmon |grep -v grep |grep -v ipmon oracle 11268 1 0 Sep 2 ? 36:00 ora_pmon_qerp oracle 17496 1 0 Oct 11 ? 8:58 ora_pmon_bcv oracle 15081 1 0 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alphabet counting

I have a text file in the following format CCCCCGCCCCCCCCCCcCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC AAAATAAAAAAAAAAAaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA TGTTTTTTTTTTTTGGtTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT TTTT-TTTTTTTTTCTtTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Each row/line will have 32 letters and each line will only have multiple occurrences of 2 letters out of a pool... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data counting

I have a large tab delimited text file with 10 columns for example chrM 412 A A 75 0 25 2 ..,AGAATt II chrM 413 G G 72 0 25 4 ..t,,Aag IIIH chrM 414 C C 75 0 25 4 ...a,.. III2 chrM 415 C T 75 75 25 4 TTTt,,,ATC III7 At... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

counting?

Hi all, I promise this is my very last dumb question.. but how to you count how many unique names you have. My dataset is: >Bac1 afdsgrr >Bac4 egege >Bac8 dgrjh >Bac1 afdsgrr >Bac1 afdsgrr >Bac8 dgrjh What i want to know is that how many unique names there is, so the output would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iifa
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Counting files without ls or wc

i need to write a shell script to "count the number of files in the current directory but without using either ls or wc command"..... please help! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lexicon
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grouping and counting

Hello, I would like to group/sort a file of records by a particular field and then count how many records belong in that grouping. For example say I have the following data: 1234|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"1"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|AA ABCD|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"1"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|AA EFGH|"ZZZ"|"Date"|"1"|"Y"|"ABC"|""|BB... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nik44
14 Replies
DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)						     Debhelper						      DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)

NAME
dh_installdebconf - install files used by debconf in package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_installdebconf [debhelperoptions] [-n] [--params] DESCRIPTION
dh_installdebconf is a debhelper program that is responsible for installing files used by debconf into package build directories. It also automatically generates the postrm commands needed to interface with debconf. The commands are added to the maintainer scripts by dh_installdeb. See dh_installdeb(1) for an explanation of how that works. Note that if you use debconf, your package probably needs to depend on it (it will be added to ${misc:Depends} by this program). Note that for your config script to be called by dpkg, your postinst needs to source debconf's confmodule. dh_installdebconf does not install this statement into the postinst automatically as it is too hard to do it right. FILES
debian/package.config This is the debconf config script, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. Inside the script, the token #DEBHELPER# is replaced with shell script snippets generated by other debhelper commands. debian/package.templates This is the debconf templates file, and is installed into the DEBIAN directory in the package build directory. debian/po/ If this directory is present, this program will automatically use po2debconf(1) to generate merged templates files that include the translations from there. For this to work, your package should build-depend on po-debconf. OPTIONS
-n, --no-scripts Do not modify postrm script. -- params Pass the params to po2debconf. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_INSTALLDEBCONF(1)