Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find files not accessed on a remote server and delete - Help! Post 302127286 by srikanthus2002 on Tuesday 17th of July 2007 05:59:51 AM
Old 07-17-2007
Can you confirm the following info...

1. Have you entered windows host in /etc/hosts file
2. and /etc/hosts.eqiv or relevent files

check the same.

It might also be port issue( rsh port).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

delete files on a remote server

Hi Guys, I am currently working on a script to find all the files that have not been accessed for the past 2 years. This, i guess has been discussed n number of times in this forum. Now, my requirement is to find all the files in the remote windows server. I have it mounted in unix. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bond_bhai
1 Replies

2. AIX

Get the list, filter and delete the files on remote server

Hi, I need to login to a remote server. Go to a particular path. Get the lists of files on that path.There may be n number of files. I need to delete only those files from above created list which are 7 days older. I have achieved above using ftp protocol, but now the constraint has... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail_amitnagpal
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete oldest images from remote server

Would someone please give me a script that will remove all but the newest jpg image from my server. i am uploading a new image every 10 seconds form a live web cam Also i do not know who to make a shell script work i am new to all this so i need all the help you could give Thank You very much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Destined
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Long listing of files using find command on remote server via SSH

Hi , I am trying to find some files on a remote machine using the find command. >ssh -q atukuri@remotehostname find /home/atukuri/ -name abc.txt /home/atukuri/abc.txt The above command works fine and lists the file, but if I want to do a long listing of files (ls -l) its not working . ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: atukuri
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log to find users who accessed server before

Hi, please provide the steps/commands to find out the user id list who accessed server before i logon same server. Thank you very much ffor all your support. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sridhardwh
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the GB files in /tmp directory in remote server

Hi, i need help on shell scripting. Main intention of the script is step 1: ssh to remote server Step 2: cd /tmp in remote server Step 3: in tmp i want to grep only files and directories which are in GB sizes All the servers list file is - tmpsrv.txt vi tmpsrv.txt ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumar85shiv
17 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error when connecting to remote server to find files with timestamp today's day

I am connecting to remote server and try to check if files with timestamp as Today's day are on the directory. Below is my code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly; Today=`date +%Y%m%d`; if ;then echo "We... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script connect to remote server, not find files and exit only from remote server, but not from scrip

I have a script, which connecting to remote server and first checks, if the files are there by timestamp. If not I want the script exit without error. Below is a code TARFILE=${NAME}.tar TARGZFILE=${NAME}.tar.gz ssh ${DESTSERVNAME} 'cd /export/home/iciprod/download/let/monthly;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
File::Find::Object::Rule::Procedural(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation		 File::Find::Object::Rule::Procedural(3pm)

NAME
File::Find::Object::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Object::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Object::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Object::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Object::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Object::Rule perl v5.14.2 2012-05-05 File::Find::Object::Rule::Procedural(3pm)