Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Mail/Xmail doesn't work on Solaris 10 Post 302127159 by EugeneG on Monday 16th of July 2007 11:40:20 AM
Old 07-16-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
Have you trapped <ctrl>D in the .profile, or changed its meaning?
Did not, as as I said it seems to work in the mailx example.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell scripts that uses mail/xmail

Hello, i'm wondering is it possible to include the 'notify me' tag which s used with outlook or some web-based email clients that notify you as soon as that user read the email with mail/xmail/sendmail etc. i'm having scripts that sends a daily email to my sysadmins and i wish to know when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bashar
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why doesn't this work?

cat .servers | while read LINE; do ssh jason@$LINE $1 done exit 1 ./command.ksh "ls -l ~jason" Why does this ONLY iterate on the first server in the list? It's not doing the command on all the servers in the list, what am I missing? Thanks! JP (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpeery
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

rcp on solaris doesn't work

Hi I have 2 Solaris boxes A and B, A running solaris 9, and B running solaris 6. when i try to use rcp on A like this:- A> rcp file.txt B:/path/file.txt I get into standard input and nothing happens!! Then On the target machine B, if i try, B> rcp otherfile.txt B:/path/otherfile.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 0ktalmagik
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls -d doesn't work on Solaris

Hello, the ls -d command to only list directories in a directory doesn't seem to work on Solaris and the man command says to use that combination: ls -d Anyone have the same problem and find a resolve? Thanks BobK (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobk544
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris Network doesn't work properly

Hi to all! I want to learn step by step easily how to configure my Solaris for network. I know alot about Solaris Network configuration. But I have some problems. When I install Solaris, and I plug-in my network cable to Solaris. Then I run: ifconfig -a plumb then I do ifconfig bge0 dhcp... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SecureXCode
7 Replies

7. Solaris

grep -e doesn't work on solaris

grep -e doesn't work in Soalris. Same script with grep -e worked on AIX/HP/LINUX.. I would like to search a list of patterns on "log.txt" like ... grep -e FATAL -e ERROR log.txt I get the error message as grep: illegal option -- e Usage: grep -hblcnsviw pattern file . . . (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmkraja
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10, Samba 358 doesn't work after patching

Hi Forum, I updated my Solaris 10 (10/09) with the current Oracle patch file and moved the smb.conf to /etc/samba/smb.conf. Anyway, since patching, no Windows client is able to connect the share. It says password is wrong, but its the right pw. My smb.conf: bash-3.00# cat... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: borsti007
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Mount command doesn't work on Solaris System

Hi All, I am using a solaris Sun-Fire-V440 server. The OS is solaris. My problem is whenever I run the command mount | grep "^/ " | sed -e 's,^.*dsk/\(*\).*$,\1,' it should return a disk value as "d30" as it does on each of my other servers.But on this server I am not getting any o/p from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek.goel.piet
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Drop_caches doesn't work on Solaris but works on RHEL6

Hello Experts, I am performing performance tests on a few mysql select queries. I use the following command to clear the memory disk caches. sync && echo 3 | sudo tee /proc/sys/vm/drop_caches I however see that the above command works on RHEL6 but doesn't work on Solaris 10. I asked... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anirudh Kumar
4 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)