Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting End of loop condition required??? Post 302127035 by skyineyes on Monday 16th of July 2007 02:39:50 AM
Old 07-16-2007
End of loop condition required???

Hi

i have a variable with lots of tokens seperated with spaces.

e.g VAR="ABC DEF GHSD GHQS TUTSD JHDTQ QDHQ CDQKDGQ WQUTQD DQUTQD DQJGDQ QDTQD WDQUTQDU QDUGQD QDJGQD DQUTDUQ QDUIDTQ"
i want to separate all of the above tokens and call a script with each of the token e.g sh script.sh <TOKEN>

Can anybody provide the logic script ? I am cofused about the end of the loop condition.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Urgent Help required : awk/sed help to find pattern and delete till end of line

Hi, I need help with using an awk or sed filter on the below line ALTER TABLE "ACCOUNT" ADD CONSTRAINT "ACCOUNT_PK" PRIMARY KEY ("ACCT_ID") USING INDEX PCTFREE 10 INITRANS 2 MAXTRANS 255 STORAGE(INITIAL 65536 FREELISTS 1 FREELIST GROUPS 1) TABLESPACE "WMC_DATA" LOGGING ENABLE Look for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
1 Replies

2. Programming

Why is required to leave an empty line at the end of a C program?

I know it looks like a stupid question, but i really wanna know the reason. Actually, i think it's because the c compiler will detect it as the end of file "EOF" of the program, but, am i wrong? because it compiles it anyway, but keep showing warnings like "no new line at the end of file". I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: semash!
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if condition in a while loop

Gurus, I need to read a line from a file and strip the characters from it and compare the stripped value with the value I pass to the script while executing it. Below is the code for the same. But when i execute the code, it is throwing an error. #!/bin/ksh . /home/.i_env ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
14 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of -z in while loop condition

Hi, Could you please tell what is the meaning of -z in while loop condition. For example, while ; do echo "*** Enter the age " readage (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vidyaj
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print required values at end of the file by using AWK

I am looking help in awk, quick overview. we will get feed from external system . The input file looks like below. Detail Id Info Id Order Id STATUS Status Date FileDetail 99127942 819718 CMOG223481502 PR 04-17-2011 06:01:34PM... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvrbabu
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with extract info if fulfill condition required

Input file (4 DATA record shown in this case): DATA AA0110 ACCESSION AA0110 VERSION AA0110 GI:157412239 FEATURES Location/Qualifiers length 1..1170 1..1700 /length="1170" position ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

While Loop with if else condition

Hi, I was trying to write a shell script which reads csv file and sends mail in html format along with tables. Hope i have completed 1st part , but while sending mail i was trying to highlight some rows in the table based on the egrep outcome. If the string exists in line/INPUT, i am trying to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: varmas424
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

If condition help required

I have a if condition it checks its pid exist it means it is running, otherwise not running. I am checking with ps x=`ps -fu myuserid|grep java| |grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}'` if then ............ Above code is giving integer error, because currently process of java is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Bash condition test at the end of string

I want to check (using bash condition test function) if string contains three spaces, ignoring last three spaces at the end of string. string_to_report='foo bar foo bar ' string_to_ignore='foo bar ' (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: useretail
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell file if condition setting start and end dates

I have shell file that has the following logic, i am new to shell programming. What does process month $1 do? I am assuming that the below dates go back three months from sysdate month. is it right : curr_month=`date +%Y%m` Beg_o_time=`date -d "2012/03/01" +%Y%m` Process_months=$1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
1 Replies
GETSUBOPT(3)						     Library Functions Manual						      GETSUBOPT(3)

NAME
getsubopt - get sub options from an argument SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> extern char *suboptarg int getsubopt(optionp, tokens, valuep) char **optionp; char **tokens; char **valuep; DESCRIPTION
The getsubopt() function parses a string containing tokens delimited by one or more tab, space or comma (`,') characters. It is intended for use in parsing groups of option arguments provided as part of a utility command line. The argument optionp is a pointer to a pointer to the string. The argument tokens is a pointer to a NULL-terminated array of pointers to strings. The getsubopt() function returns the zero-based offset of the pointer in the tokens array referencing a string which matches the first token in the string, or, -1 if the string contains no tokens or tokens does not contain a matching string. If the token is of the form ``name=value'', the location referenced by valuep will be set to point to the start of the ``value'' portion of the token. On return from getsubopt(), optionp will be set to point to the start of the next token in the string, or the null at the end of the string if no more tokens are present. The external variable suboptarg will be set to point to the start of the current token, or NULL if no tokens were present. The argument valuep will be set to point to the ``value'' portion of the token, or NULL if no ``value'' portion was present. EXAMPLE
char *tokens[] = { #define ONE 0 "one", #define TWO 1 "two", NULL }; ... extern char *optarg, *suboptarg; char *options, *value; while ((ch = getopt(argc, argv, "ab:")) != -1) { switch(ch) { case 'a': /* process ``a'' option */ break; case 'b': options = optarg; while (*options) { switch(getsubopt(&options, tokens, &value)) { case ONE: /* process ``one'' sub option */ break; case TWO: /* process ``two'' sub option */ if (!value) error("no value for two"); i = atoi(value); break; case -1: if (suboptarg) error("illegal sub option %s", suboptarg); else error("missing sub option"); break; } break; } SEE ALSO
getopt(3), strsep(3) HISTORY
The getsubopt() function first appeared in 4.4BSD. 4.4 Berkeley Distribution January 12, 1996 GETSUBOPT(3)