Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: tray selection
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users tray selection Post 302126831 by blowtorch on Friday 13th of July 2007 10:29:19 AM
Old 07-13-2007
What tray? Are you referring to a printer tray here?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tray selection using lp command

I have a HP laserjet 9000 printer on a Sun Solaris server. I try to print using lp command to different trays. But it gives an error. The command that i used is lp -dprinter_queue -otray2 file_name (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avinashrm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing the default print tray in Unix

I have a unix based app that I'm trying to print to an HP Laserjet 4050n but it keeps defaulting to Tray 1. I need it to print to Tray 3. When I print to the printer from a windows based app it prints to the correct tray specified. It was printing ok previously but I had to to a cold reset... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tnix
1 Replies

3. AIX

AIX Laserjet 4+ specify tray to print to

Is it possible to specify the tray you would like to print to in AIX? We are using the laserjet 4+ driver. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuessh
0 Replies

4. AIX

printer tray and blank separator issues

Hi, I experience some issues with my new print queues that I created in AIX (smitty). This following print queue is dedicated to print on tray 1 and the user have to put the paper manually, the jobs should be executed without separator page. But when we print on this queue, the job is executed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imad77
1 Replies

5. AIX

chvirprt and tray 1

Hi, I'm not able to print on tray 1. I checked the configuration and I get these 3 options: $lsvirprt -q print1 -d hp@xprint -a _O Name Description Value _O Type of INPUT PAPER HANDLING (backward 1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: imad77
0 Replies

6. Solaris

d240 media tray is automatically restarting on sunfire 6800

d240 media tray(domain C) is which is connected to SUNFIRE 6800 (DOMAIN C),automatically restarting.remaining domains A and B are working fine..why i dont know..with out human intervention this domain is restarting automatically for 3 to 4 days in a day..plz solve this problem.why like this going... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
4 Replies

7. Hardware

Fan Tray for Sunfire T2000

Recently the rear fan assembly of one of our T2000 servers went faulty. I could replace it immediately with the one from a currently powered off standby machine. But now this one has to be replaced. So I got a quote from our supplier who charges EUR 776 for a new spare part or EUR 405 (all... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
0 Replies

8. Linux

Required Icon Tray in Linux

Hello I am using linux machine. I need Icon tray in this. "Icon Tray" contains all the icons which we open in the workspace. As such, these icons appear at the bottom (similar to windows i.e.when we open internetexplorer, Word, XLs, these icons appear in the bottom) I have to open so many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nehashine
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Selection statement

ok im kinda stuck i have a bash script with 4 options 1. Create Script 2. Show Script 3 . Delete script 4. Exithow would i use an if statement for this? im not sure what test command i would use. I know it would be like this (below) to display the script if then cat script1or for the... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: gangsta
10 Replies
DRUTIL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 DRUTIL(1)

NAME
drutil -- interact with CD/DVD burners SYNOPSIS
drutil verb [options] DESCRIPTION
drutil uses the DiscRecording framework to interact with attached burning devices. Common verbs include burn, erase, eject, help, info, list, status, and tray. The rest of the verbs are: bulkerase, cdtext, discinfo, dumpiso, dumpudf, filename, getconfig, poll, size, subchannel, trackinfo, and version. VERBS
Each verb is listed with its description and individual arguments. Drive selection arguments must appear before individual arguments. Drive selection and argument descriptions can be found after the verb descriptions in the Drive Selection Criteria section. -drive drive(s) Lets you specify a drive or drives, per the output of list, for those verbs that can operate on one or more drives. See the Drive Selection Criterion section for more info. help verb Display the usage information for the specified verb. atip Displays the Absolute Time in Pre-Groove (ATIP) for inserted CD-R/RW media. bulkerase type Starts bulk erase mode, in which the drive will continually erase inserted -RW media, eject it, and prompt for another disc until terminated. Types of erase: quick Performs a quick erase, doing the minimal amount of work to make the disc appear blank. This operation typically takes only a minute or two. full Performs a complete erase, erasing every block on the disk. This operation is slow (on the order of 30 minutes) to com- plete. burn options path Burns a valid directory or image file to disc. The default is to burn the specified directory to a new filesystem. The -audio option creates an audio CD (redbook) in which any valid QuickTime audio file present in the path is converted to a track (in alphabetical order). If a file is specified (valid image files only: .dmg, .iso, .cue/bin, and .toc) the contents of the image file are burned. Pre-burn and post-burn options, and filesystem exclusions can be specificed for enhanced functionality. Last option takes precedence. Invalid commands are ignored. path A valid path to a directory or file. options Specify an arbitrary valid burn option(s): -test, -appendable, -erase, -mount, -noverify, -nohfsplus, -noiso9660, -nojoliet, -noudf, -nofs, -audio, -speed, -pregap. Or specify a default burn option: -notest, -noappendable, -noerase, -allfs, -hfsplus, -iso9660, -joliet, -udf, -data, -eject, -verify. cdtext Reads and displays any CD-Text information reported by the drive. The drive must contain an audio CD, and be capable of reading CD-Text. discinfo [-xml] Displays detailed information about present media. From the MMC command of the same name. dumpiso device block [format] Tool to inspect and interpret ISO-9660 and Joliet structures on the media. device Disk node, e.g. /dev/disk1, /dev/disk1s1, /dev/rdisk1. block Block number to dump (in decimal or 0x hex notation). Blocks are assumed to be 2048-byte blocks. format How to interpret the block. If format is not specified, dumpiso will attempt to guess. If present, this argument should be one of the following: None, Boot, BootCat, PVD, SVD, VPD, VDST, MPath, LPath, Dir, HFSPlusVH. dumpudf device block Tool to inspect and interpret UDF structures on the media. device Disk node, e.g. /dev/disk1, /dev/disk1s1, /dev/rdisk1. block Block number to dump (in decimal or 0x hex notation). Blocks are assumed to be 2048-byte blocks. eject Synonym for drutil tray eject. erase type Erases -RW media in the drive(s) and ejects it. Types of erase: quick Performs a quick erase, doing the minimal amount of work to make the disc appear blank. This operation typically takes only a minute or two. full Performs a complete erase, erasing every block on the disk. This operation is slow (on the order of 30 minutes) to com- plete. filename name Shows how the specified filename will be modified to comply with the naming rules of the filesystems that DiscRecording generates. getconfig type Displays device feature and profile list. Types of config information: current Displays current features and profiles for a drive. supported Displays all supported features and profiles for a drive. info [-xml] Displays various pieces of information for each drive, including how it's connected to the computer and a summary of capabilities. list [-xml] Lists all burning devices connected to the machine. poll Displays device and media notifications until terminated. size options path Estimates the size of a valid directory or image file (in blocks). The default is to estimate the size of the specified path as a hybrid filesystem. The -audio option calculates the contents of the directory as an audio CD (redbook) (for applicable files). If a file is specified (valid image files only: .dmg, .iso, .cue/bin, and .toc) the contents of the image file will be calculated. Filesystem exclusions can be specificed for enhanced functionality. Calculated size will be compared against blank media that is found unless the -nodrive argument is specified. Last option takes precedence. Invalid commands are ignored. path A valid path to a directory or file. options Specify an arbitrary valid burn option(s): -nodrive, -nohfsplus, -noiso9660, -nojoliet, -noudf, -nofs, -audio, -pregap. Or specify a default burn option: -allfs, -hfsplus, -iso9660, -joliet, -udf, -data. status [-xml] Displays detailed media-specific information. subchannel Displays information from the subchannels on CD media. This prints the MCN (media catalog number) for the disc, and the ISRC (international standard recording code) for all tracks. This command only works when CD media is present. From the MMC command of the same name. toc Displays table of contents (TOC) of inserted media. trackinfo [-xml] Displays detailed information about all tracks present on the media. From the MMC command of the same name. tray command Performs a tray/media related command. Note that some drives do not have trays, and some have trays but may lack motorized eject or inject capability. Tray commands: open Opens a drive's tray, if no media is present and the drive has a tray capable of motorized eject. close Closes a drive's tray, if the drive has a tray capable of motorized inject. eject Ejects media from the drive, if the drive has a tray capable of motorized eject. If no media is present, this is equiva- lent to open. If media is present and can be unmounted, it will be unmounted and then ejected. If media is present but cannot be unmounted, the eject will fail. version Displays operating system and DiscRecording framework version numbers. OPTIONS
-xml When specified (valid options only: discinfo, info, list, status, and trackinfo) the output for the specified verb will be shown in xml format. DRIVE SELECTION CRITERIA
Some functions of drutil operate on a specific drive. Since any number of drives may be available, and they may come and go at any time, the device selection arguments provide a method for selecting among them. The candidate list starts out as a list of all attached drives. One or more arguments of the form -drive drive(s) may be specified. Each argument has the effect of narrowing the candidate list, depending on what drive(s) is. It may be: o A positive decimal number, assumed to be a 1-based index into the candidate list. The candidate list is trimmed to just that device. o One of the following keywords: internal, external, usb, firewire, atapi, scsi. The candidate list is trimmed to devices which match the specified location / bus. Case is ignored in this comparison. o Any other string, assumed to be a vendor/product name. The candidate list is trimmed to devices whose vendor or product strings exactly match the argument. Case (but not whitespace) is ignored in this comparison. Multiple -drive arguments may be specified; each argument narrows the candidate list further. After all the -drive arguments have been pro- cessed, the candidate list is considered. If it contains exactly one item, that drive is used. If it contains zero items, drutil prints an error message and exits. If it contains more than one item, the selected function is executed on all drives remaining in the list. EXAMPLES
Simple verbs with no drive commands drutil help status Displays help for the verb "status". drutil list Displays a list of attached devices. drutil info Displays miscellaneous information for all attached devices. drutil status Displays media-specific information for all attached devices. drutil -drive internal burn -noverify -eject -speed 24 ~/Documents Burns the Documents directory to the internal drive without verifying, then ejects the disc. drutil -drive internal info -xml > driveInfo.xml Creates a XML file containing info about internal drives. Examples of drive selection drutil -drive 1 tray close Closes the tray of the first burning device seen, if possible. drutil -drive external info Lists drive specific information for all externally connected burning devices. drutil -drive firewire status Lists media specific information for media present in attached firewire burning devices. drutil -drive VENDOR tray open Opens the tray of all burning devices whose vendor id is VENDOR, if possible. drutil -drive 'CD-RW CDW827ES' getconfig supported Lists supported features and profiles for attached devices whose product id is 'CD-RW CDW827ES'. HISTORY
drutil first appeared in MacOS X 10.3. SEE ALSO
diskutil(1), hdiutil(1), /usr/sbin/disktool (run with no args for usage). Mac OS X May 18, 2004 Mac OS X