Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux NFS Server FC7 Solaris client problems! Post 302126669 by joerg on Thursday 12th of July 2007 11:12:43 AM
Old 07-12-2007
Hi Sysgate,
I changed it from /24 to the 192.168.10.10 (this ist the real IP)
But without success!
I use the automount of the /net to mount the filesystem on the solaris box.

montagu@zeus:[~] $ cd /net
montagu@zeus:[/net] $ ls
montagu@zeus:[/net] $ cd 192.168.10.191/
montagu@zeus:[/net/192.168.10.191] $ ls
NFS4exports
montagu@zeus:[/net/192.168.10.191] $ cd NFS4exports/
montagu@zeus:[/net/192.168.10.191/NFS4exports] $ ls
export home
montagu@zeus:[/net/192.168.10.191/NFS4exports] $ cd export/
bash: cd: export/: Permission denied
montagu@zeus:[/net/192.168.10.191/NFS4exports] $

Sorry I can not change any thing on the solaris box!
The fedora nfs server will be used as jumpstart server. AT the early installation step of a jumpstart install I am not able to switch mount options on the client.

Thanks !

Last edited by joerg; 07-12-2007 at 12:19 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NFS server problems [merged]

I have a machine A NFS mounted on machine B I am doing a build from machine B on the MFS mounted dir of machine A but I keep getting the following: NFS server A not responding still trying. I go to machine A and can log onto machine A and everything seems fine. How do I go about finding... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: brv
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determining IP address of NFS server on client

Hi. We use an Isilon cluster system to provide our NAS. The Isilon uses a round-robin DNS setup to spread mount requests across the many nodes of the cluster. When a node needs work, the filesystems that are mounted to it need to be moved to other nodes prior to shutting the node down. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rascalrick
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

4. AIX

can not mount from aix client to linux nfs server

Hi, I am trying to mount a nfs folder from AIX client to Linux NFS Server, but I got the following error: # mount 128.127.11.121:/aix /to_be_del mount: 1831-010 server 128.127.11.121 not responding: RPC: 1832-018 Port mapper failure - RPC: 1832-008 Timed out mount: retrying... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Memory problems in NFS client server

Hi all, i have some doubts in a situation that i fail to get an answer in Google. I have a solaris 10 nfs server and 5 centos 6.0 nfs clients. The problem/situation is that in the clients the free memory is "disappearing" along the time (passing to used)..and it gets free if i umount the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blast
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Can't access NFS Share on Solaris Server from a Linux Client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. & then ran the following On the client machine, while running the mount command, I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

Unable to access NFS share on Solaris Server from Linux client

Hi, I am trying to access a NFS shared directory on Solaris 10 Server from a client which is RHEL 4 Server. On the NFS Server, in /etc/dfs/, I added following line to dfstab file. share -F nfs -o rw /var/share & then ran the following svcadm -v enable -r... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SunilB2011
3 Replies

8. Solaris

NFS anche Cache on Solaris 10 Client

Hi all, in Solaris 10 u9 the NFS protocol use a cache for data files read write transitions in client side? for example the ZFS use the RAM behind the ARC cache. in case, how many large is the NFS cache? The NFS cache use a quantity of RAM? thank you Matteo (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjnman
2 Replies

9. AIX

AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL, try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 : 1. Step by step on NFS Server node mkdir /tmp/test chgrp staff /tmp/test chmod 775 /tmp/test-- create export directory (fs) mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro exportfs -va show mount -e :/# exportfs -av exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
4 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 10 NFS client cannot mount a share from a Windows server

I have a Solaris 10 server, I'm trying to mount a share from a Windows nfs server. If I add this entry (tst-walnut:/test_sap_nfs - /majid nfs - yes rw,soft) to my /etc/vfstab, then I can mount, but when I create a file by root:root, the file owner changes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Hiroshi
1 Replies
NOS-TUN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 						NOS-TUN(8)

NAME
nos-tun -- implement ``nos'' or ``ka9q'' style IP over IP tunnel SYNOPSIS
nos-tun -t tunnel -s source -d destination -p protocol_number [source] target DESCRIPTION
The nos-tun utility is used to establish an nos style tunnel, (also known as ka9q or IP-IP tunnel) using a tun(4) kernel interface. Tunnel is the name of the tunnel device /dev/tun0 for example. Source and destination are the addresses used on the tunnel device. If you configure the tunnel against a cisco router, use a netmask of ``255.255.255.252'' on the cisco. This is because the tunnel is a point-to-point interface in the FreeBSD end, a concept cisco does not really implement. Protocol number sets tunnel mode. Original KA9Q NOS uses 94 but many people use 4 on the worldwide backbone of ampr.org. Target is the address of the remote tunnel device, this must match the source address set on the remote end. EXAMPLES
This end, a FreeBSD box on address 192.168.59.34: nos-tun -t /dev/tun0 -s 192.168.61.1 -d 192.168.61.2 192.168.56.45 Remote cisco on address 192.168.56.45: interface tunnel 0 ip address 192.168.61.2 255.255.255.252 tunnel mode nos tunnel destination 192.168.59.34 tunnel source 192.168.56.45 AUTHORS
Nickolay N. Dudorov <nnd@itfs.nsk.su> wrote the program, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@FreeBSD.org> wrote the man-page. Isao SEKI <iseki@gongon.com> added a new flag, IP protocol number. BUGS
We do not allow for setting our source address for multihomed machines. BSD
April 11, 1998 BSD