Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ambiguous and Command not found Error in UNIX Post 302126616 by koti_rama on Thursday 12th of July 2007 06:49:11 AM
Old 07-12-2007
Ambiguous and Command not found Error in UNIX

Hi,All
I wrote below script(Example1.sh) and i ran but i got error. it's excuted yesterday.

SYSTEM_TIME=`date '+%H:%M:%S'`

CMP_LOG_TIME=`head -1 runcmp-HINET.log`

CMP_ENDED1=`grep 'HINET CMP ended' runcmp-HINET.log`

CMP_ENDED2=`echo "HINET CMP ended"`
CMP_FAILED2=`echo "HINET CMP failed"`
FAILED_TIME1="0"

echo $SYSTEM_TIME
echo $CMP_ENDED1

Error:
77 DIT1_hnt@smmk183> Example1.sh
SYSTEM_TIME=06:40:13: Command not found
CMP_LOG_TIME=`head -1 runcmp-HINET.log`: Ambiguous
CMP_ENDED1=: Command not found
CMP_ENDED2=`echo "HINET CMP ended"`: Ambiguous
CMP_FAILED2=`echo "HINET CMP failed"`: Ambiguous
FAILED_TIME1=0: Command not found
SYSTEM_TIME: Undefined variable

please help me on this

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ambiguous and Command not found Error in UNIX

Hi,All I wrote below script(Example1.sh) and i ran but it giveing error. it's excuted yesterday. SYSTEM_TIME=`date '+%H:%M:%S'` CMP_LOG_TIME=`head -1 runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED1=`grep 'HINET CMP ended' runcmp-HINET.log` CMP_ENDED2=`echo "HINET CMP ended"` CMP_FAILED2=`echo "HINET... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Command Not Found Error?

Hi, I am beginer to Linux. I have installed Redhat Linux AS 4.0 on my System.Later I created a User Oracle10g for Installing Oracle.Then I logged onto Oracle10g user and crated a Bash Profile and when I run that profile there was an error in that Profile. from then If I type any of Linux Command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praswer
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous output redirect error

Hi everyone, While I was trying to do DATE=`date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M%S"` STARTLOG=$TUXSTDDIR/start_$DATE.log tmboot -y > $STARTLOG 2>&1 I got an error i.e. Ambiguous output redirect error. Here the first part is to boot the account so there is nothing wrong with that.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pareshan
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ambiguous redirect error

This script has ambiguous redirect error. ... cd $HOME cd folder/work # search all subfolders in work directory find -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -type d | while read directory do CUR_FOLDER="${directory#"./"}" cd $CUR_FOLDER chmod 644 * for ff in *; do if ; then ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving 'ambiguous redirect' when trying to run command against multiple files

I came across the command string on https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/141885-awk-removing-data-before-after-pattern.html which was what I was looking for to be able to remove data before a certain pattern. However, outputting the result to a file seems to work on an individual basis... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HLee1981
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ambiguous command

I have run the following command and getting $fout: Ambiguous. set fout = `echo "$fnameLst" | awk '{gsub(/-dc*/,""); print}' | sort -u` (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ambiguous error

Hello everybody, I just took over this job from someone else and in the past this script they built worked but i recently upgraded from openSuSe 11.4 to 12.1 Now when i run the script i get an ambiguous error at line 25 (the first line after add() ) I have edited out the webpath and any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gumbicus
1 Replies

8. Linux

Ambiguous redirect error and syntax error when using on multiple files

Hi, I need help on following linux bash script. When I linux commands for loop or while loop on individual file it runs great. but now I want the script to run on N number of files so it gives me ambiguous redirect error on line 12 and syntax error on line 22 : (pls help ); #!/bin/bash #... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Madhusudan Das
16 Replies

9. Red Hat

ISO C++ ambiguous error

String.h has the following operator overloading function which is an user defined //declaration int operator==(char *ch) //definition int String::operator==(char *ch) { if (strcmp(_text, ch) == 0) { return TRUE; } else { ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dany2704
4 Replies
asadmin-undeploy(1AS)						   User Commands					     asadmin-undeploy(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-undeploy, undeploy - removes a component in the domain application server SYNOPSIS
undeploy --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [-interactiv=truee] [--droptables=true|false] [--cascade=false] component_name undeploy removes the specified component in the domain application server. The --droptables option is only used to undeploy CMP beans for which the tables had been created by the deployment. If not specified, the entries in the deployment descriptors are used. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. --interactive prompts you for the required options that are not already specified. --droptables if set to true, tables created by application using CMP beans during deployment are dropped. Default is the corre- sponding entry in the cmp-resource element of the sun-ejb-jar.xml file. If not specified, defaults to the entries specified in the deployment descriptors. --cascade If set to true, it deletes all the connection pools and connector resources associated with the resource adapter being undeployed. If set to false, the undeploy fails if any pools and resources are still associated with the resource adapter. Then, either those pools and resources have to be deleted explicitly, or the option has to be set to true. If the option is set to false, and if there are no pools and resources still associated with the resource adapter, the resource adapter is undeployed. This option is applicable to connectors (resource adapters) and applications. OPERANDS
component_name name of the deployable component. Example 1: Simple undeployment Undeploy (uninstall) an application named Cart asadmin> undeploy --user admin Cart Example 2: Undeploying an enterprise bean with container-managed persistence (CMP) Undeploy a CMP bean named myejb and drop the corresponding database tables. In a production environment, database tables contain valuable information, so use the --droptables option with care. asadmin> undeploy --user admin --droptables=true myejb Example 3: Undeploy a connector (resource adapter) Undeploy the connector module named jdbcra and perform a cascading delete to remove the associated resources and connection pools. asadmin> undeploy --user admin --cascade=true jdbcra EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-deploy(1AS), asadmin-deploydir(1AS), asadmin-list-components(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-undeploy(1AS)