Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to configure sendmail on Suse Linux 9.0...??? Post 302126612 by jumadhiya on Thursday 12th of July 2007 06:39:55 AM
Old 07-12-2007
Hi Sysgate,

I just need to send mails as a root user using "mail" command from my suse linux 9.0 Box to smtp server (Windows System) which will then forward to the correct address.

Example " # mail xyz@yahoo.com "

As per my knowledge there are two main configuration files in /etc/postfix folder;

main.cf
master.cf

Could you please help me out what setting needs to be done for sending the mails to smtp server.

Note : I have added the entry for my smtp server in /etc/hosts file.

Note : I have check the telnet connection using port 25 for the smtp server, it works fine.

Thanks & Regards,
jumadhiya.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure sendmail in linux

Hi, I want to know how to configure emails in linux.First how to configure inside the firewall and second how to configure it outside the firewall? Regards, Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajbal
1 Replies

2. SuSE

How to configure Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0 for sending mails to smtp server...???

Hi All, I have a system running with Suse Enterprise Linux 9.0. xyz# uname -a Linux xyz 2.4.21-291-smp #1 SMP Tue May 24 14:07:45 UTC 2005 i686 unknown I would like to configure postfix on this system for sending mails as a root user using "mail" command to smtp server (Windows System)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jumadhiya
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I configure sendmail?

I am trying to run sendmail from a script with the results from that same script. Each time I use sendmail I get the following message in /var/log/maillog: Feb 27 02:25:42 (none) sendmail: m1R1Pg3S013841: to=test@test.com,just,testing, ctladdr=root (0/0), delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bronkeydain
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10

Hello, I need help to configure sendmail on Solaris 10. I have to configure sendmail to send mail on the Internet, now works only for sending mail for local users. I'm studying several tutorials ... When I try to send a mail to an external address (eg aaaa@gmail.com) the mail is placed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arfry
3 Replies
CALIBRE-SMTP(1) 						      calibre							   CALIBRE-SMTP(1)

NAME
calibre-smtp - part of calibre SYNOPSIS
calibre-smtp [options] [from to text] DESCRIPTION
Send mail using the SMTP protocol. calibre-smtp has two modes of operation. In the compose mode you specify from to and text and these are used to build and send an email message. In the filter mode, calibre-smtp reads a complete email message from STDIN and sends it. text is the body of the email message. If text is not specified, a complete email message is read from STDIN. from is the email address of the sender and to is the email address of the recipient. When a complete email is read from STDIN, from and to are only used in the SMTP negotiation, the message headers are not modified. Whenever you pass arguments to calibre-smtp that have spaces in them, enclose the arguments in quotation marks. OPTIONS
--version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit -l, --localhost Host name of localhost. Used when connecting to SMTP server. -o, --outbox Path to maildir folder to store failed email messages in. -f, --fork Fork and deliver message in background. If you use this option, you should also use --outbox to handle delivery failures. -t, --timeout Timeout for connection -v, --verbose Be more verbose COMPOSE MAIL Options to compose an email. Ignored if text is not specified -a, --attachment File to attach to the email -s, --subject Subject of the email SMTP RELAY Options to use an SMTP relay server to send mail. calibre will try to send the email directly unless --relay is specified. -r, --relay An SMTP relay server to use to send mail. --port Port to connect to on relay server. Default is to use 465 if encryption method is SSL and 25 otherwise. -u, --username Username for relay -p, --password Password for relay -e, --encryption-method Encryption method to use when connecting to relay. Choices are TLS, SSL and NONE. Default is TLS. WARNING: Choosing NONE is highly insecure SEE ALSO
The User Manual is available at http://manual.calibre-ebook.com Created by Kovid Goyal <kovid@kovidgoyal.net> calibre-smtp (calibre 0.8.51) January 2013 CALIBRE-SMTP(1)