Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Converting bash script to csh Post 302126515 by drl on Wednesday 11th of July 2007 05:49:22 PM
Old 07-11-2007
Hi.

See http://www.bsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?t=49709 post #4 and others for some links that may help ... cheers, drl

( edit 1: minor typo )

Last edited by drl; 07-12-2007 at 01:48 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make your bash script run on a machine with csh and bash

hi, i have a script that runs on bash and would like to run it on a machine that has csh and bash. the default setting on that machine is csh. i dont want to change my code to run it with a csh shell. is there any way i can run the script (written in bash) on this machine? in other words is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: npatwardhan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

translate a short csh script to bash

Hi, I have a csh: set NODES = `cat $HOST_FILE` set NODELIST = $TMPDIR/namd2.nodelist echo group main >! $NODELIST foreach node ( $NODES ) echo host $node >> $NODELIST end @ NUMPROCS = 2 * $#NODES I am very frustrated to translate it to bash: NODES = `cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rockytodd
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting csh script to Pyhton

I am trying to call this python script tdarwin.py -nxz=23x35 and should take the -nxz and take the values 23 and 35 to two variables. But am getting the error "option -n not recognized" long_opts= try: optlist, args = getopt.getopt(sys.argv, "", long_opts) ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run a bash script in csh shell?

Hi how to execute a bash script in csh shell? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubinovito
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert csh to bash

Hi, Can anyone give me a script to convert csh to bash? or any key points which can help me to do so as i am new to it. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting date/time and generating offsets in bash script

Hi all, I need a script to do some date/time conversion. It should take as an input a particular time. It should then generates a series of offsets, in both hour:minute form and number of milliseconds elapsed. For 03:00, for example, it should give back 04:02:07 (3727000ms*) 05:04:14... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emdan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me with converting the below bash script in C shell script

#!/bin/sh # $Header: hot_database_backup.sh,v 1.2 2002/08/06 23:51:42 $ # #bcpyrght #*************************************************************************** #* $VRTScprght: Copyright 1993 - 2007 Symantec Corporation, All Rights Reserved $ *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apade
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing script from csh to bash

Hello Guys I have a script working fine on csh, but I would like to change it to bash, how I should change this command to be able to work as bash script. :wall: if ( $fsw > "0" ) then foreach swath ( `awk 'BEGIN {for (i='$fsw';i<='$lsw';i++) printf ("%s\n", i) }'` ) ## work to be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting awk script from bash to csh

I have the following script set up and working properly in bash. It basically copies a set of lines which match "AS1100002" from one file and replaces the same lines in another file. awk -vN=AS1100002* 'NR==FNR { if($1 ~ N)K=$0; next } { if($1 in K) $0=K; print }' $datadir/file1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting macro to bash script

Gents, Please can you help me with this. When column 49 == 2 Before X 4714 14710 69445.00 19257.001 1218 12271 69596.00 19460.00 19478.001 X 4714 14710 69445.00 19257.001 1228 12292 69596.00 19480.00 19480.001 After X 4714 14710 69445.00 19257.001 1218... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jiam912
1 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)