Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Compare/Diff between directories and subdirectories? Post 302126503 by Shell_Life on Wednesday 11th of July 2007 04:53:34 PM
Old 07-11-2007
See if this works for you:
Code:
ls -1 /home/intranet/images | sort > /tmp/Intra
ls -1 /home/internet/images | sort > /tmp/Inter
diff Intra Inter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Permissions for Directories and Subdirectories

Is it possible to have a directory owned (by root) with permissions drwx------ and then have a sub directory of rwxrwxrwx. I know that this may be soo simple but I had no luck googling it. Thanks for your help (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clancymf
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display only subdirectories from given directories

Hi Genius, I would like to display all the subdirectories only with timestamp. For exmple: Given Directory : orabkup /orabkup total 11365112 drwxr-xr-x 9 oracle oradba 256 Jan 03 16:01 db1 /orabkup/db1: total 0 drwxr-xr-x 2 oracle oradba 256 Jan 03 16:01... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: HAA
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing directories and subdirectories

How can list the directories and the subdirectories in a folder. It is possible with a single UNIX command. For example i have a folder named "archive" and another folder named "0808" and then multiple folders are there ... Can i list all the directories and subdirectories in the folder... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karansachdeva
6 Replies

4. AIX

recursive archive directories and subdirectories

Hi everyone, Maybe this is simple question for many of you, but I get confused.:confused: How to archive a parent directory which contains some subdirectories and some files? I have searched this forum, there are some commands like tar,etc, I tried but can not be implemented in my system.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wilsonSurya
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

backup of directories and subdirectories

Hello I'm new to the area Bash scripting and that is why I have a search script that is run on my unix server and always when I start the server or every 24 hours The script will create backups of directories and subdirectories I never found what I'm here make a new thread ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: HansWurst
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

push and pop directories and subdirectories

I need to use pushd and popd to navigate all of the subdirectories in my current directory. I know how to get into each subdirectory, add it to the stack, and pop back out, but i cant figure out how to get into subdirectories deeper than the first without adding a foreach and if statement for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ollie88r
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff different subdirectories

I have 2 directories a/ and b/, they have different subdirectories, how to diff with missing file, or missing subdirectory and if i have in a/ directory "a/ACD/DEF" DEF is a file, but in b/ directory "b/ACD/DEF is a SUBDIRECTORY, how to diff it, thanks my solution for directories, ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: knajta
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find directories without subdirectories

Hello, I have to find all directories, which contain files, but dont have subdirectories. For example if i have tree like: ├── kat11 │ ├── kat21 │ │ └── Dokument\ bez\ nazwy │ └── kat22 │ ├── kat31 │ │ └── Dokument\ bez\ nazwy │ └── kat32 │ └──... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: eValker
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Zip all the files including directories - subdirectories

Hi, Is is possible to zip a folder and all its contents within the folder ( including sub-directories and files) into a zip file? and can regain the same structure if unzipped? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting all the subdirectories inside directories in excel file

Can anyone help me with a short command or script for the below scenario there is a path, /a/b/c/home?? Inside the above path there are number of subdirectories such as one two three four i need to take all the subdirectories inside home?? with full path. i need only one level of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies
cachefslog(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    cachefslog(1M)

NAME
cachefslog - Cache File System logging SYNOPSIS
cachefslog [-f logfile | -h] cachefs_mount_point DESCRIPTION
The cachefslog command displays where CacheFS statistics are being logged. Optionally, it sets where CacheFS statistics are being logged, or it halts logging for a cache specified by cachefs_mount_point. The cachefs_mount_point argument is a mount point of a cache file system. All file systems cached under the same cache as cachefs_mount_point will be logged. OPTIONS
The following options are supported. You must be super-user to use the -f and -h options. -f logfile Specify the log file to be used. -h Halt logging. OPERANDS
cachefs_mount_point A mount point of a cache file system. USAGE
See largefile(5) for the description of the behavior of cachefslog when encountering files greater than or equal to 2 Gbyte ( 2**31 bytes). EXAMPLES
Example 1: Checking the Logging of a directory. The example below checks if the directory /home/sam is being logged: example% cachefslog /home/sam not logged: /home/sam Example 2: Changing the logfile. The example below changes the logfile of /home/sam to /var/tmp/samlog: example# cachefslog -f /var/tmp/samlog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 3: Verifying the change of a logfile. The example below verifies the change of the previous example: example% cachefslog /home/sam /var/tmp/samlog: /home/sam Example 4: Halting the logging of a directory. The example below halts logging for the /home/sam directory: example# cachefslog -h /home/sam not logged: /home/sam EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 success non-zero an error has occurred. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
cachefsstat(1M), cachefswssize(1M), cfsadmin(1M), attributes(5), largefile(5) DIAGNOSTICS
Invalid path It is illegal to specify a path within a cache file system. SunOS 5.10 7 Feb 1997 cachefslog(1M)