Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to retrieve a particular line from a file Post 302126465 by vinayap on Wednesday 11th of July 2007 02:16:24 PM
Old 07-11-2007
Thank you so much for your posting.

Rgds
vinayap

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve line from a file based on a value in specific column

Hi, I have a file that has several values seperated by ":" 2006:John:Student:Football:Portugal:Cinema 2006:James:Engineer:Basket:Poland:Theatre 2007:Lucy:Diver:Gymnastic:England:Music 2007:Smith:Plumber:Basket:Spain:Poker I need make a filter based on the 5th field to find countries that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: efernandes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

(cont) Retrieve line from a file based on a value in specific column

HI, Your help was great: awk -F":" '$5 ~ /^P/{print }' file I would like to know what changes need to be done to this line code, so that I can put it in a shell script and call it as the example below. example: countries that start with chacater 'P' > country P Result: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: efernandes
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do we retrieve a line from a file in unix

we need to capture a record from a file in to a variable and do modifications to it .. so capturing line by line in a file in to some variable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lmadhuri
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and retrieve previous line in file

I've got a file with the following layout: #STMP FSgroup filename /filesysname1 filestatus 2 #STMP FSstatus filename /filesysname1 ratio 30 #STMP FSgroup filename ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: paulsew
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

GREP and Retrieve Line by Line

Hello All, I have a doubt in grep, lets say using grep we have the result as four lines .... grep -i test* Results : Line 1 Line 2 Line 3 Line 4 how can i reterive line 1 into a variable and line 2 into a variable etc. Thanks Ranjith (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxmave
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retrieve every 4th line from a file

Hello, I want to retrieve 2, 6, 10, 14...... (each 4 lines apart) from a file that looks like the sample below. In other words, I want only lines corresponding to the Xs. Header1_a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Header1_b yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy Header2_a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gussifinknottle
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to retrieve command line args one by on.

Hi, I have to store all the command line arguments into an array. I have the following code. ********************** #! /bin/sh set -A arr_no_updates i=1 while do arr_no_updates=$($i) echo ${arr_no_updates} i=$(($i+1)) done**************** (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: little_wonder
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve string from each line in a file based on a pattern in Unix

I have a file which contains several lines. Sample content of the file is as below. OK testmessage email<test@123> NOK receivemessage email<123@test> NOK receivemessage email(123@test123) NOK receivemessage email<abc@test> i would like to know by scripting will... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramasar
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

search string in a file and retrieve 10 lines including string line

Hi Guys, I am trying to write a perl script to search a string "Name" in the file "FILE" and also want to create a new file and push the searched string Name line along with 10 lines following the same. can anyone of you please let me know how to go about it ? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukrish
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep: Retrieve two strings from one file to find them anyone on line in another file

I am having trouble matching *two* strings from one file anywhere in a line of a second file, and could use some help getting this figured out. My preference would be to use grep for this because I would like to take advantage of its -A option. The latter is due to the fact that I would like both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies
RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)

NAME
RT::Client::REST::Attachment -- this object represents an attachment. SYNOPSIS
my $attachments = $ticket->attachments; my $count = $attachments->count; print "There are $count attachments. "; my $iterator = $attachments->get_iterator; while (my $att = &$iterator) { print "Id: ", $att->id, "; Subject: ", $att->subject, " "; } DESCRIPTION
An attachment is a second-class citizen, as it does not exist (at least from the current REST protocol implementation) by itself. At the moment, it is always associated with a ticket (see parent_id attribute). Thus, you will rarely retrieve an attachment by itself; instead, you should use "attachments()" method of RT::Client::REST::Ticket object to get an iterator for all attachments for that ticket. ATTRIBUTES
id Numeric ID of the attachment. creator_id Numeric ID of the user who created the attachment. parent_id Numeric ID of the object the attachment is associated with. This is not a proper attribute of the attachment as specified by REST -- it is simply to store the ID of the RT::Client::REST::Ticket object this attachment belongs to. subject Subject of the attachment. content_type Content type. file_name File name (if any). transaction_id Numeric ID of the RT::Client::REST::Transaction object this attachment is associated with. message_id Message ID. created Time when the attachment was created content Actual content of the attachment. headers Headers (not parsed), if any. parent Parent (not sure what this is yet). content_encoding Content encoding, if any. METHODS
RT::Client::REST::Attachment is a read-only object, so you cannot "store()" it. Also, because it is a second-class citizen, you cannot "search()" or "count()" it -- use "attachments()" method provided by RT::Client::REST::Ticket. retrieve To retrieve an attachment, attributes id and parent_id must be set. INTERNAL METHODS
rt_type Returns 'attachment'. SEE ALSO
RT::Client::REST::Ticket, RT::Client::REST::SearchResult. AUTHOR
Dmitri Tikhonov <dtikhonov@yahoo.com> LICENSE
Perl license with the exception of RT::Client::REST, which is GPLed. perl v5.14.2 2011-12-27 RT::Client::REST::Attachment(3pm)