Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Urgent: ACCESS PROBLEM
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Urgent: ACCESS PROBLEM Post 302126360 by skyineyes on Wednesday 11th of July 2007 08:13:00 AM
Old 07-11-2007
Urgent: ACCESS PROBLEM

Hi

I have users A and B in UNIX system both are not having root priveleges.
User A has written a script file where it connects to database and uses a logfile directed to the path in directory of USER B.
I copied the script into USER B directory and tried to run the script.

Its giving following error message:

The file access permissions do not allow the specified action

The specified action is to create the LOGFILE . apart from this i am not able to delete or remove any files also from USER B directory.

I have tried by changing the owner of the script file but still the problem is there.
I have given full access permission to script (777) and still the problem prevails.

Please suggest the posible solution.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent!! How to write a shell program to execute command to access internet?

hi, I am new ot unix. So, can i write a shell(c shell or korn shell) program to access internet? I mean if I run the program, it can access specified url and then copy the html to a file? Can anyone help me? And how can make the program runs every 1 hr? new comer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firebirdonfire
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Urgent problem with wtmpx

Hi everybody I have a problem with wtmpx. Accounting file. I activated it. It works but to well :( Writes the same message every minute. "faxmodem" As you can see it does not take to long until my /var file is soon full. Thanks Peter (26 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
26 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help urgent problem

i accedently "deleted" all workspaces I have a black screen and dont know what to do solaris common desktop enviroment (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ssshakir
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Urgent printing problem

I can no longer print from HP-UX 10. All the printers are network printers. I have already stopped and restarted the spooler (lpshut and lpsched), but still the same problem. The printers react when I ping them. I have also tried with SAM, but the system cannot find the printers. Can somebody... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filipd
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in unzipping---URGENT

when try to unzip a very big file facing an error of disk full. can any body help me to unzip this file . $ unzip abc.zip Archive: abc.zip inflating: abc.zrp abc.zip write error (disk full?). Continue? (y/n/^C) $ n Thanks & Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: suman_jakkula
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent: script problem???

#!/usr/bin/sh read file #exec 3<&0 exec 0<$file while read line do if then BOUND=$line break fi count=`expr $count + 1` done #exec 0<&3 echo $BOUND sh check.sh (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skyineyes
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A problem in autosys-- very urgent

Hi , I have 5 jobs in autosys which are dependant on one another oen by one.say job1,job2.. job5. job 1 is a filewatcher.job2 to job5 are command jobs.First the filewatcher starts as when a file which it is looking for arrives.based on this job rest of the sequence starts.after the job5 is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

urgent lprm problem

hi all i have printer call prt1 we send to this printer some job and then we want to cancel it. we did lpstat no job id found so i did lprm and it wrote to me No active jobs on prt3!(which i don't have this kind of printer) then i wrote lprm prt1 lprm: No active jobs on prt1! ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naamas03
0 Replies

9. Linux

URGENT :- Linux remote access... issue

Hi ! I have a linux machine( stand lone) in my office network. now, I have application on that machine ( web based) I'm not able to access that box.. using http://abc:4435/console I'm able to ping that box.. and also connect via "ssh" Pls.... help.. Its a production issue... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't access network interfaces anymore [Kinda urgent]

Hello, I've bought an semi-dedicated (cloud computing) server, but yesterday I had to change my IP, so I tried this with PuTTY: Went to /etc/network/interfaces And changed iface eth0 inet static To iface eth0 inet dhcp Hoping to get an dynamic IP Then I restarted my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lukinhasb
5 Replies
rc2(8)							      System Manager's Manual							    rc2(8)

NAME
rc2 - Run command script executed when entering a multiuser run level SYNOPSIS
rc2 DESCRIPTION
The rc2 script contains run commands that enable initialization of the system to a multiuser state; run level 2. In addition to commands listed within the script itself, rc2 contains instructions to run certain commands found in the /sbin/rc2.d directory. The script defines the conditions under which the commands execute; some commands run if the system is booting, other commands execute if the system is chang- ing run levels. By convention, files in the /sbin/rc2.d directory begin with either the letter "K" or the letter "S" and are followed by a two-digit number and a filename; for example: K00lpd S00savecore S25uucp In general, the system starts commands that begin with the letter "S" and stops commands that begin with the letter "K." Commands that begin with the letter "K" run only when the system is changing run levels from a higher to a lower level. Commands that begin with the letter "S" run in all cases. The numbering of commands in the /sbin/rc2.d directory is important since the numbers are sorted and the com- mands are run in ascending order. Files in the /sbin/rc2.d directory are normally links to files in the /etc/init.d directory. An entry in the inittab file causes the system to execute the rc2 run commands, for example: s2:23:wait:/sbin/rc2 < /dev/console > /dev/console 2>&1 The following operations are typical of those that result from executing the rc2 script and the commands located in the /sbin/rc2.d direc- tory. The operation depends on which state the system is entering or exiting. Setting the time zone Checking the current run level Stop- ping network services and daemons Starting (or stopping) system services and daemons Starting the cron daemon Setting up paging and dump facilities Setting up uucp files Setting the TIMEZONE variable is one of the first operations completed by the rc2 script. This action provides the default time zone for subsequent commands. FILES
Specifies the command path Specifies the directory of commands that correspond to the run level RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: init(8), rc0(8), rc3(8) delim off rc2(8)