Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Help needed installing Grace (xmgrace) on Linux machine Post 302126352 by porter on Wednesday 11th of July 2007 08:03:14 AM
Old 07-11-2007
It's worth trying to build things yourself. Well packaged source normally has the following steps.

1. make new work directory

2. extract source in directory

3. run "./configure"

4. run "make"

5. run "make install"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Cable Modem on Irix Machine.

Ok I am new to this and wondering if there is any way of connecting a cable modem to an SGI that is running IRIX 6.5 and how to do it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Acidjack
1 Replies

2. Solaris

how to take image of one and installing that on another machine??? Need help

Hi, How can I have a clone of one solaris machine on another? I have two sun solaris machines with same hardware and same OS but one has few other software installed. Now I want to take a backup (image) of one machine remotely because the tape drive is configured on some other LANed machine.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zing_foru
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing CVS package on solaris machine

Hi all, I am tring to install CVS on my solaris machine. so, I got a package cvs-1.11.22-sol10-x86-local from internet, and did this "pkgadd -d cvs-1.11.22-sol10-x86-local" and the output I got is The following packages are available: 1 SMCcvs cvs (x86)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eamani_sun
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

Installing NS2 On Ubuntu Machine

I have to work with NS2 (Network Simulator)and i have to install it beforeusing it on Manets Simulations. Can some one Help me on this topic? Thank's (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hakim19
1 Replies

5. Debian

Problem installing Debian5 on an ultra sparc machine

Comments/Problems: Machine boots from CDROM, starts SILO Version 1.4.13, display welcome message (welcome to Debian GNU/Linux lenny! built on 20081218-10:06 ). boot: Allocated 8 Megs of memory at 0x40000000 for kernel Loaded kernel version 2.6.26 Loading initial ramdisk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mtk
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH into a linux machine from a windows machine

I basically want to login into different linux machines( on the same network) from a windows machine. I know i can use ssh <machine name>. But i want to automate this process. I dont want to enter the username and password. Is there any way to do it. Can i make some sort of a batch script for it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
4 Replies

7. Solaris

help needed to put machine in domain

Hi All, I am working on Solaris sparc 9 and my computer name is mgsun. I want to bring this machine to a specific domain (e.g.-xx.xx.org). So please help me to do the same.. thanks in Advance... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP

I need a shell script to copy files frm a linux machine to a windows machine using SCP. The files keeps changing day-to-day. I have to copy the latest file to the windows machine frm the linux machine. for example :In Linux, On July 20, the file name will be 20.txt and it should be copied to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin6034
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Old Sun machine documentation needed

Hi all. Last year, after registering on Sun support site, I downloaded for free all available documentation (in PDF) and support files of a couple of old Sun workstations (Ultra 5 and Ultra 10). Now I need the documentation and support files of other old Sun workstations (SPARCstation 20 and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisechip
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Installing Linux on Vmware - Help needed

Hi Friends I am trying to install linux (32 bit) on windows. so i used Oracle virtual box and Vmware player in windows and installed them. but there is no category to select Linux version 7. how to install it pls help here. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ded325
7 Replies
g_sgangle(1)					 GROMACS suite, VERSION 4.5.4-dev-20110404-bc5695c				      g_sgangle(1)

NAME
g_sgangle - computes the angle and distance between two groups VERSION 4.5.4-dev-20110404-bc5695c SYNOPSIS
g_sgangle -f traj.xtc -n index.ndx -s topol.tpr -oa sg_angle.xvg -od sg_dist.xvg -od1 sg_dist1.xvg -od2 sg_dist2.xvg -[no]h -[no]version -nice int -b time -e time -dt time -[no]w -xvg enum -[no]one -[no]z DESCRIPTION
Compute the angle and distance between two groups. The groups are defined by a number of atoms given in an index file and may be two or three atoms in size. If -one is set, only one group should be specified in the index file and the angle between this group at time 0 and t will be computed. The angles calculated depend on the order in which the atoms are given. Giving, for instance, 5 6 will rotate the vec- tor 5-6 with 180 degrees compared to giving 6 5. If three atoms are given, the normal on the plane spanned by those three atoms will be calculated, using the formula P1P2 x P1P3. The cos of the angle is calculated, using the inproduct of the two normalized vectors. Here is what some of the file options do: -oa: Angle between the two groups specified in the index file. If a group contains three atoms the normal to the plane defined by those three atoms will be used. If a group contains two atoms, the vector defined by those two atoms will be used. -od: Distance between two groups. Distance is taken from the center of one group to the center of the other group. -od1: If one plane and one vector is given, the distances for each of the atoms from the center of the plane is given separately. -od2: For two planes this option has no meaning. FILES
-f traj.xtc Input Trajectory: xtc trr trj gro g96 pdb cpt -n index.ndx Input Index file -s topol.tpr Input Run input file: tpr tpb tpa -oa sg_angle.xvg Output xvgr/xmgr file -od sg_dist.xvg Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file -od1 sg_dist1.xvg Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file -od2 sg_dist2.xvg Output, Opt. xvgr/xmgr file OTHER OPTIONS
-[no]hno Print help info and quit -[no]versionno Print version info and quit -nice int 19 Set the nicelevel -b time 0 First frame (ps) to read from trajectory -e time 0 Last frame (ps) to read from trajectory -dt time 0 Only use frame when t MOD dt = first time (ps) -[no]wno View output .xvg, .xpm, .eps and .pdb files -xvg enum xmgrace xvg plot formatting: xmgrace, xmgr or none -[no]oneno Only one group compute angle between vector at time zero and time t -[no]zno Use the z-axis as reference SEE ALSO
gromacs(7) More information about GROMACS is available at <http://www.gromacs.org/>. Mon 4 Apr 2011 g_sgangle(1)