Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: appending
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting appending Post 302126351 by mohan705 on Wednesday 11th of July 2007 07:59:20 AM
Old 07-11-2007
Hi,

Thanks for your explinations

Thanks and Regards,
Mohan

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending out to a file

Hi, once again - Ok here it is: a).I used the touch command to create a file (touch directory.list) b).I then added this line: - date '+The date is %a %h %d, %Y %nIt is %I:%M %p' > directory.list -So that this date function would go at the top of my script c).Now I want to display a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Astudent
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending

i've been fiddling around with append and I know how to append a word into a file, but how would you go about appending a word to a filename? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: codewarrior7
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending to a variable?

Hey, I'm creating a custom useradd script, and I'm giving the option to add secondary groups. Basically what I want to do is ask for the name of the group, you type in the group you want to add, it assigns that group name to the variable $sgroup. Then the scripts asks if you want add another. If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paqman
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending with AWK

Hi all, I have two files called INPUT1 and INPUT2 and i am trying to append the values of INPUT1 to INPUT2 using AWK. The INPUT1 file will always has a single field and the INPUT2 file has 3 fields but both files will have same number of records always. Following is the format of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: harris2107
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending date

hi All, Searched forum but couldn't find a solution to this problem: How can I append a file with date in the ninth line? ie I want to insert a line with the current date and time in the ninth line. I tried this: date=`date` awk 'NR==9 {printf "'$date' \n"} {print $0}' abc.log below... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending variables

Hi, I'm having a problem with something I can't really figure out by myself. I've tried to do it with a for loop, but I'm pretty sure it won't work, if I'm not mistaken. Basically, what I'm trying to do is test some variables and if any of them is not empty, add the values of these variables... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutex1
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending two strings

Hi, I have a small doubt. Here is the code snippet for which the output that I'm getting are a bit surprising. testing.sh #!/bin/sh arg_1=$1 echo "arg passed by user is:${arg_1}" mapping=`grep ${arg_1}= testing.conf | awk -F"=" '{print $2}'` echo "mapping is $mapping"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending error

Hi All, I just want to append the value in variable at the end of the file. var=1234 sed -e "$a $var" file1 > file 2. But I get this error sed: -e expression #1, char 4: unknown command: `1' Kindly let m know how can I do that... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: waqar1
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending value to variable

I have a Query! by using command cat >> file1 we can append data's to a already existing file, Similarly is it possible to append a data to a variable. Thanks in Advance!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwgreen1
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Matching and appending

I have two files FILEA a/b/c/d e/f/g/h i/j/k/l m/n/o/p FILEB i/j/k/l i want that if lines of FILEB matches lines of FILEA then matching lines in FILEA to be appended by word "MATCH" NEW FILEA a/b/c/d e/f/g/h i/j/k/l "MATCH" m/n/o/p I have tried following script .but not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaan4uster
6 Replies
h5jam(1)						      General Commands Manual							  h5jam(1)

NAME
h5jam - Add a user block to a HDF5 file SYNOPSIS
h5jam -u user_block -i in_file.h5 [-o out_file.h5] [--clobber] DESCRIPTION
h5jam concatenates a user_block file and an HDF5 file to create an HDF5 file with a user block. The user block can be either binary or text. The output file is padded so that the HDF5 header begins on byte 512, 1024, etc.. (See the HDF5 File Format.) If out_file.h5 is given, a new file is created with the user_block followed by the contents of in_file.h5. In this case, infile.h5 is unchanged. If out_file.h5 is not specified, the user_block is added to in_file.h5. If in_file.h5 already has a user block, the contents of user_block will be added to the end of the existing user block, and the file shifted to the next boundary. If --clobber is set, any existing user block will be overwritten. EXAMPLE USAGE
Create new file, newfile.h5, with the text in file mytext.txt as the user block for the HDF5 file file.h5. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 -o newfile.h5 Add text in file mytext.txt to front of HDF5 dataset, file.h5. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 Overwrite the user block (if any) in file.h5 with the contents of mytext.txt. h5jam -u mytext.txt -i file.h5 --clobber RETURN VALUE
h5jam returns the size of the output file, or -1 if an error occurs. CAVEATS
This tool copies all the data (sequentially) in the file(s) to new offsets. For a large file, this copy will take a long time. The most efficient way to create a user block is to create the file with a user block (see H5Pset_user_block), and write the user block data into that space from a program. The user block is completely opaque to the HDF5 library and to the h5jam and h5unjam tools. The user block is simply read or written as a string of bytes, which could be text or any kind of binary data. It is up to the user to know what the contents of the user block means and how to process it. When the user block is extracted, all the data is written to the output, including any padding or unwritten data. This tool moves the HDF5 file through byte copies, i.e., it does not read or interpret the HDF5 objects. SEE ALSO
h5dump(1), h5ls(1), h5diff(1), h5import(1), gif2h5(1), h52gif(1), h5perf(1), h5unjam(1). h5jam(1)